Current Bunker Scrapper: Balanced or Unbalanced?

Adrop.1473

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Falan.1839" said:

> The bunker potential is definititely too high, but it's not really a hardcarry since bunkering and ressing is pretty much all it can do. This can be decisive in some situations, but often is not, depending on how your team is doing in the teamfights. But yeah, the sustain needs a further tunedown, especially if meta specs keep getting nerfed.

But it does that non-stop. Function gryo every 20 seconds. Team stability every 20 secs or so (3 stacks!). Barrier. Reflect. Evade. It's ruining gameplay, and responding by saying "Oh, just play scourge!" (like so many ignoramuses on this forum suggest) - counters should never be profession-dependent. That's not a balanced game.

I don't see why bunker scrapper should be considered OP. It's like the only bunker build left in PvP and it can't do anything more than bunker, which is perfectly fine. We had builds like condi mirage who was able to bunker point while dealing insane condi damage. I could understand this being considered OP. But bunker scrapper? Come on. It has very low damage potential, you can still 2v1 it, you can still cc it out of point or you can still outrorate scrrappers. Scrapper which has nothing to bunker is completely useless. It has just one single purpose.

It starts to be really annoying to see people complaining about every single thing in the game. Nerf scrapper and it will be erased from PvP once again, because what would be it good for? Ask youself. The same goes for berserker. It has now strong burst damage, but for the cost of much lower survibility, which is again perfectly fine.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > Scrapper is not OP. Bunkers are not new to GW2. kitten come on. Come on now.

>

> Bunkers literally killed Guild Wars 2's PvP.

I hope you aren’t actually comparing HoT’s bunker mesmer mess with the current status of scrapper.

All in all, I’d love if scrapper could trade some of its sustain for a viable form of killing potential, but that’s not likely without some core engineer reworking on kits and traitlines.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> its funny how many one shot builds are out there, then one build who is sort of immune to that (if you see it coming) pops up and everyone cries bloody murder.

Few play 'one shot builds'.

Everything counters a one shot build.

One shot builds take skill to play well.

Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.

Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.

Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

> @"Miyu.8137" said:

> I don't see why bunker scrapper should be considered OP. It's like the only bunker build left in PvP and it can't do anything more than bunker, which is perfectly fine. We had builds like condi mirage who was able to bunker point while dealing insane condi damage. I could understand this being considered OP. But bunker scrapper? Come on. It has very low damage potential, you can still 2v1 it, you can still cc it out of point or you can still outrorate scrrappers. Scrapper which has nothing to bunker is completely useless. It has just one single purpose.

>

> It starts to be really annoying to see people complaining about every single thing in the game. Nerf scrapper and it will be erased from PvP once again, because what would be it good for? Ask youself. The same goes for berserker. It has now strong burst damage, but for the cost of much lower survibility, which is again perfectly fine.

What are you talking about? Firebrand bunkers exist. Protection Holosmith exists. Vitality Reapers exist. CC Spellbreakers exist. Condi immunity weavers exist. Boonbeast Soulbeasts exist. Chronobunker exists. There are a LOT of bunker builds, and yes, bunker builds aren't anything new - it's just that for scrapper, there is TOO MUCH bunker and you can't even kill one with 3 plati players with lots of DPS because it's so broken. Barriers. Stability. Protection. Condition cleanse. Revives. Reflect. All the other bunkers can deal with 2 competent individuals for maybe 30 seconds and then have to go due to their cooldowns. Scrapper? Nah, vacation.

> @"memausz.7264" said:

> > @"Miyu.8137" said:

> > I don't see why bunker scrapper should be considered OP. It's like the only bunker build left in PvP and it can't do anything more than bunker, which is perfectly fine. We had builds like condi mirage who was able to bunker point while dealing insane condi damage. I could understand this being considered OP. But bunker scrapper? Come on. It has very low damage potential, you can still 2v1 it, you can still cc it out of point or you can still outrorate scrrappers. Scrapper which has nothing to bunker is completely useless. It has just one single purpose.

> >

> > It starts to be really annoying to see people complaining about every single thing in the game. Nerf scrapper and it will be erased from PvP once again, because what would be it good for? Ask youself. The same goes for berserker. It has now strong burst damage, but for the cost of much lower survibility, which is again perfectly fine.

>

> What are you talking about? Firebrand bunkers exist. Protection Holosmith exists. Vitality Reapers exist. CC Spellbreakers exist. Condi immunity weavers exist. Boonbeast Soulbeasts exist. Chronobunker exists. There are a LOT of bunker builds, and yes, bunker builds aren't anything new - it's just that for scrapper, there is TOO MUCH bunker and you can't even kill one with 3 plati players with lots of DPS because it's so broken. Barriers. Stability. Protection. Condition cleanse. Revives. Reflect. All the other bunkers can deal with 2 competent individuals for maybe 30 seconds and then have to go due to their cooldowns. Scrapper? Nah, vacation.

Uh, no?

I play prot holo pretty regularly. I put out enough pressure to make scrappers burn most of their cooldowns to defend themselves. All I need is some extra DPS to push them over the edge.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> Few play 'one shot builds'.

> Everything counters a one shot build.

> One shot builds take skill to play well.

>

> Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.

> Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.

> Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

one shot builds are much more common then bunkers.

if you can see it coming, sure. altho there are ways to skew this in favor of the one shot (stealth, mobility, evades/invuln/block).

it does not take skill to press 1 button lol, or even a sequence of buttons.

it does take skill to tank multiple people if those people aren't bad, but since there are multiple people then they probably are. their own fault, just like a one shot, except at least with bunker the fight lasts more then a few seconds.

> Bunker Firebrand

fb is a support class despite what metabattle says. it can bunker, but no one in their right mind would do that because it would be a huge waste. unless the off case the team wipes and the fb is simply waiting for the team to come back.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > Few play 'one shot builds'.

> > Everything counters a one shot build.

> > One shot builds take skill to play well.

> >

> > Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.

> > Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.

> > Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

>

> one shot builds are much more common then bunkers.

> if you can see it coming, sure. altho there are ways to skew this in favor of the one shot (stealth, mobility, evades/invuln/block).

> it does not take skill to press 1 button lol, or even a sequence of buttons.

>

> it does take skill to tank multiple people if those people aren't bad, but since there are multiple people then they probably are. their own fault, just like a one shot, except at least with bunker the fight lasts more then a few seconds.

>

> > Bunker Firebrand

>

> fb is a support class despite what metabattle says. it can bunker, but no one in their right mind would do that because it would be a huge waste. unless the off case the team wipes and the fb is simply waiting for the team to come back.

>

You're not changing my mind on this.

I've played bunker/support builds

And I've played Glass builds (there are no such thing as a one shot build, ever)

Bunker builds are always easier, by a large margin. Bunk Scrap, MUCH more so.

I don't see counterplay 1v1 vs a mildly competent Bunk Scrap.

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > Few play 'one shot builds'.

> > > Everything counters a one shot build.

> > > One shot builds take skill to play well.

> > >

> > > Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.

> > > Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.

> > > Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

> >

> > one shot builds are much more common then bunkers.

> > if you can see it coming, sure. altho there are ways to skew this in favor of the one shot (stealth, mobility, evades/invuln/block).

> > it does not take skill to press 1 button lol, or even a sequence of buttons.

> >

> > it does take skill to tank multiple people if those people aren't bad, but since there are multiple people then they probably are. their own fault, just like a one shot, except at least with bunker the fight lasts more then a few seconds.

> >

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > Bunker Firebrand

> >

> > fb is a support class despite what metabattle says. it can bunker, but no one in their right mind would do that because it would be a huge waste. unless the off case the team wipes and the fb is simply waiting for the team to come back.

> >

>

> You're not changing my mind on this.

>

> I've played bunker/support builds

> And I've played Glass builds (there are no such thing as a one shot build, ever)

> Bunker builds are always easier, by a large margin. Bunk Scrap, MUCH more so.

>

> **I don't see counterplay 1v1 vs a mildly competent Bunk Scrap.**

>

Bolded the relevant section. It's not a bunker if it can't survive a 1v1.

Also, prot holo is a better bunker IMO, but it takes way more skill to use than most other builds.

I can beat Scrapper on Tempest and Weaver..

Its just a matter of chaining CCs together and dumping damage in between the CCs for Tempest..

As for Weaver I found my sustain is too much for the damage output of a scrapper and he cant sustain for as long as I can as im dumping a continuous chain of bleeds and burns with some damage.

Chrono power can burst rather easily

I can beat scrapper on trap guard too but not on druid or thief.. Havent tried war but can see people saying War is a good match up too.

Id say its in a good spot. If anything it could probably use a damage buff to hammer

(Talkin bout general scrappers I come across, dont think ive faught a top player using scrapper)

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > Few play 'one shot builds'.

> > > > Everything counters a one shot build.

> > > > One shot builds take skill to play well.

> > > >

> > > > Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.

> > > > Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.

> > > > Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

> > >

> > > one shot builds are much more common then bunkers.

> > > if you can see it coming, sure. altho there are ways to skew this in favor of the one shot (stealth, mobility, evades/invuln/block).

> > > it does not take skill to press 1 button lol, or even a sequence of buttons.

> > >

> > > it does take skill to tank multiple people if those people aren't bad, but since there are multiple people then they probably are. their own fault, just like a one shot, except at least with bunker the fight lasts more then a few seconds.

> > >

> > > > Bunker Firebrand

> > >

> > > fb is a support class despite what metabattle says. it can bunker, but no one in their right mind would do that because it would be a huge waste. unless the off case the team wipes and the fb is simply waiting for the team to come back.

> > >

> >

> > You're not changing my mind on this.

> >

> > I've played bunker/support builds

> > And I've played Glass builds (there are no such thing as a one shot build, ever)

> > Bunker builds are always easier, by a large margin. Bunk Scrap, MUCH more so.

> >

> > **I don't see counterplay 1v1 vs a mildly competent Bunk Scrap.**

> >

>

> Bolded the relevant section. It's not a bunker if it can't survive a 1v1.

>

> Also, prot holo is a better bunker IMO, but it takes way more skill to use than most other builds.

Spellbreaker and condimirage survive 1v1. They are not "bunkers". They both use a careful mix of kiting and active mitigation to survive. They don't literally squat on a node and facetank all damage. They're duelists. There is a difference between something that has a mix of defense and offense for 1v1s and something that puts all of its value into defense and is several times more difficult to put down as a result.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > Few play 'one shot builds'.

> > > > Everything counters a one shot build.

> > > > One shot builds take skill to play well.

> > > >

> > > > Everyone and their mom is playing Scrapper.

> > > > Only well played specific type of build effects scrappers.

> > > > Scrapper doesn't take the most skill to play well.

> > >

> > > one shot builds are much more common then bunkers.

> > > if you can see it coming, sure. altho there are ways to skew this in favor of the one shot (stealth, mobility, evades/invuln/block).

> > > it does not take skill to press 1 button lol, or even a sequence of buttons.

> > >

> > > it does take skill to tank multiple people if those people aren't bad, but since there are multiple people then they probably are. their own fault, just like a one shot, except at least with bunker the fight lasts more then a few seconds.

> > >

> > > > Bunker Firebrand

> > >

> > > fb is a support class despite what metabattle says. it can bunker, but no one in their right mind would do that because it would be a huge waste. unless the off case the team wipes and the fb is simply waiting for the team to come back.

> > >

> >

> > You're not changing my mind on this.

> >

> > I've played bunker/support builds

> > And I've played Glass builds (there are no such thing as a one shot build, ever)

> > Bunker builds are always easier, by a large margin. Bunk Scrap, MUCH more so.

> >

> > **I don't see counterplay 1v1 vs a mildly competent Bunk Scrap.**

> >

>

> Bolded the relevant section. It's not a bunker if it can't survive a 1v1.

>

> Also, prot holo is a better bunker IMO, but it takes way more skill to use than most other builds.

~~Prot holo- If it takes much more skill, that doesn't bother me. It doesn't take much skill at all to play a bunker scrap.~~

^Doesn't pertain to this conversation.

There are no such things as one shot builds. Everyone plays this scrapper $ h i kitten kitten kitten

Random player Ranked Scrapper

Random Player Ranked Zerk Build

Who goes farther in Rank?

And they take the same amount of skill? Git the Fudgecake out

/peace