Newzerker is amazing.

Rotten Bones.2391

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> ^LOL IMAGINE saying baseline fast hands is catastrophic, but the current Berserker rework and current design is "fine" and isn't potentially catastrophic based on how ANET's been doing things.

>

> Logical consistency at it's finest.

>

> TL;DR don't take fail hypocrites seriously.

Yeah, FH baseline would be 100% reasonable (/s, obviously) and you're totally not kittenhurt over a thread from a month ago, so keep talking about it in every other unrelated thread :grin:

Nothing in this situation makes me a "hypocrite" btw, might need to take another look at that before you start talking about logical consistency, buddy.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > ^LOL IMAGINE saying baseline fast hands is catastrophic, but the current Berserker rework and current design is "fine" and isn't potentially catastrophic based on how ANET's been doing things.

> >

> > Logical consistency at it's finest.

> >

> > TL;DR don't take fail hypocrites seriously.

>

> Yeah, FH baseline would be 100% reasonable (/s, obviously) and you're totally not kittenhurt over a thread from a month ago, so keep talking about it in every other unrelated thread :grin:

>

> Nothing in this situation makes me a "hypocrite" btw, might need to take another look at that before you start talking about logical consistency, buddy.

Oh, the sweet irony at its finest, lol.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > ^LOL IMAGINE saying baseline fast hands is catastrophic, but the current Berserker rework and current design is "fine" and isn't potentially catastrophic based on how ANET's been doing things.

> > >

> > > Logical consistency at it's finest.

> > >

> > > TL;DR don't take fail hypocrites seriously.

> >

> > Yeah, FH baseline would be 100% reasonable (/s, obviously) and you're totally not kittenhurt over a thread from a month ago, so keep talking about it in every other unrelated thread :grin:

> >

> > Nothing in this situation makes me a "hypocrite" btw, might need to take another look at that before you start talking about logical consistency, buddy.

>

> Oh, the sweet irony at its finest, lol.

Sure. :)

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> I'm just starting to play warrior a bit, is core or any of the specs the better choice to ease into wvw with?

Power build is useful for all the three, so you just farm points, ignore entirely anything that gives you condition and you could play all three if you feel like it, i mean you change from one to another.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> Then why is it that Berserker has worse bursts than holo, dragonhunter, soulbeast, reaper, chrono and daredevil which don't even have berserker-like trade-offs? Your "insane" damage is only in PvP/WvW from Arc Divider. Nothing more. Berserker has best burst compared to core/spellbreaker, but it is still nowhere near to be competetive with other DPSes. It barely scratches 40k opening burst compared to other specs that reach 50-60k opening bursts. Which one would you pick when you want to burst things as fast as possible?

>

> You are missing the point of Berserker not being well-rounded, you call it "different playstyle" and when people complain about it, you tell them to play core/spellbreaker.

> It seems you also fail to see how berserker is still failing being good (or even among the best) at what it was reworked for, even when it has very obvious trade-offs.

>

I did not said berserker is the best dps out there, however he is indeed in top 3-4 idk for sure, but it is quite a accomplishment if you realise there are 9 classes, with 2 espec + core each.

Chronomancer will get balanced soon, along with deadeye, ArenaNet have just started changing the elite specs in the game, dont worry they will finally tone these few specs down to the level of berserker. Daredevil got nerfed, so there is something going on.

^^ My favourite part is where people predict the inevitable performance balance of all classes is just around the corner. I mean, forget the history of the game ... the experience of the last 6 years is irrelevant? if people just talk themselves into whatever they want to believe, then it's easy to see why people don't understand or so easily ignore what ails Berserker.

In WvW it's quite common for meta classes to have 1-2 skills that make them "meta". For weavers, meteor shower and lava font make up pretty much most of their damage. And weavers top dps charts just due to those 2 skills. For scourges it's all about dropping shades and wells (and spamming all skills on cooldown). For heralds, hammer, hammer, and more hammer. So for berserker to excel in berserk mode and arc divider, while not much outside of it, really isn't that bad compared to other meta classes in WvW.

Arc Divider and Whirling Axe making up majority of a Berserker's dps is to meteor shower and lava font making up majority of Weaver's dps. Just wanting to put that out there since the discussion is about how some think berserkers are lacking because they can only burst in berserk mode and arc divider. I can't speak how they perform in PvE since I don't do PvE.

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> Berserker is the equivalent of the guy that goes to the gym but never works legs

>

> Imbalanced as kitten.

That comparison doesn't really work as it can be used literally in every single situation where the class isn't "the best (or worst) at everything", which is undesired in a multiplayer game environment with multiple classes and builds.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

It is bad design all across.

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> Berserker is the equivalent of the guy that goes to the gym but never works legs

>

> Imbalanced as kitten.

He cant kick hard, but could break someone in half in thickest part with just bare hands. :p

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

>

> It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

>

> Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

>

> It is bad design all across.

Are you assuming that core warrior is useless? Because he doesnt have arc divider at all.

If you miss arc divider, change to riffle and shoot the guy down, berserker hits like a truck even without using burst skills.

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

> >

> > It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

> >

> > Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

> >

> > It is bad design all across.

>

>

> Are you assuming that core warrior is useless? Because he doesnt have arc divider at all.

> If you miss arc divider, change to riffle and shoot the guy down, berserker hits like a truck even without using burst skills.

/facepalm

When some people finally stop pretending like everything is fine? Do you realize, that rifle berserker had insane bursts even before rework and when ANet nerfs Arc Divider, then what? Back to Gunflame berserker (but now without core bursts)?

You are also missing the main point, which is not that berserker can't kill people, but rather that the design of rework locks out warrior from the profession mechanics for 15 seconds every time berserker ends. Sometimes, it makes the spec just too situational. Before you say "then play core/spb", what about proper/finished rework, instead?

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > Berserker is the equivalent of the guy that goes to the gym but never works legs

> >

> > Imbalanced as kitten.

>

> He cant kick hard, but could break someone in half in thickest part with just bare hands. :p

>

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

> >

> > It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

> >

> > Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

> >

> > It is bad design all across.

>

>

> Are you assuming that core warrior is useless? Because he doesnt have arc divider at all.

> If you miss arc divider, change to riffle and shoot the guy down, berserker hits like a truck even without using burst skills.

I said core warrior is more versatile than berserker. Where are you getting core warrior is useless from?!

Also, this is not silver struggles. If you play GS and rifle in competitive sPvP you are a free kill.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

>

> It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

>

> Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

>

> It is bad design all across.

Nah, it's not a bad design just because you don't like the playstyle it favors.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > Berserker is the equivalent of the guy that goes to the gym but never works legs

> > >

> > > Imbalanced as kitten.

> >

> > He cant kick hard, but could break someone in half in thickest part with just bare hands. :p

> >

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

> > >

> > > It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

> > >

> > > Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

> > >

> > > It is bad design all across.

> >

> >

> > Are you assuming that core warrior is useless? Because he doesnt have arc divider at all.

> > If you miss arc divider, change to riffle and shoot the guy down, berserker hits like a truck even without using burst skills.

>

> I said core warrior is more versatile than berserker. Where are you getting core warrior is useless from?!

It is more verstatile and it is supposed to be, what argument is this supposed to be? If you miss your shit, it's on you and suggesting that whole berk mode is just arc divider and nothing else is false btw.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > > Berserker is the equivalent of the guy that goes to the gym but never works legs

> > > >

> > > > Imbalanced as kitten.

> > >

> > > He cant kick hard, but could break someone in half in thickest part with just bare hands. :p

> > >

> > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

> > > >

> > > > It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

> > > >

> > > > Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

> > > >

> > > > It is bad design all across.

> > >

> > >

> > > Are you assuming that core warrior is useless? Because he doesnt have arc divider at all.

> > > If you miss arc divider, change to riffle and shoot the guy down, berserker hits like a truck even without using burst skills.

> >

> > I said core warrior is more versatile than berserker. Where are you getting core warrior is useless from?!

>

> It is more verstatile and it is supposed to be, what argument is this supposed to be? If you miss your kitten, it's on you and suggesting that whole berk mode is just arc divider and nothing else is false btw.

First you claim that I said core warrior is useless. I correct you then you claim we urging about something else ?

I really wish that 6th grader comprehension is required before people can post on the forums.

Issues with berserker are well document in the warrior forums. I could care less about what you think, but this is a free forum so feel free to say whatever you want. But stop claiming that I said things that I did not.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > > > Berserker is the equivalent of the guy that goes to the gym but never works legs

> > > > >

> > > > > Imbalanced as kitten.

> > > >

> > > > He cant kick hard, but could break someone in half in thickest part with just bare hands. :p

> > > >

> > > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > Imagine thinking berserker spec doesn't have burst and calling yourself a reasonable player :+1:

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s burst in PvE is not that strong. In PvP it has burst but if you miss 2 arc divider you have nothing else to offer. And you will be tunneled heavily as berserker, against competent opponents, with limited tools to fend off.

> > > > >

> > > > > Berserker is good for wvw. In sPvP, core warrior is far more versatile. SB is on a whole other level.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is bad design all across.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Are you assuming that core warrior is useless? Because he doesnt have arc divider at all.

> > > > If you miss arc divider, change to riffle and shoot the guy down, berserker hits like a truck even without using burst skills.

> > >

> > > I said core warrior is more versatile than berserker. Where are you getting core warrior is useless from?!

> >

> > It is more verstatile and it is supposed to be, what argument is this supposed to be? If you miss your kitten, it's on you and suggesting that whole berk mode is just arc divider and nothing else is false btw.

>

> First you claim that I said core warrior is useless. I correct you then you claim we urging about something else ?

I did? Where exactly? ?

> I really wish that 6th grader comprehension is required before people can post on the forums.

Yes, so do I. :grin:

> Issues with berserker are well document in the warrior forums. I could care less about what you think, but this is a free forum so feel free to say whatever you want.

"well documented"? Since when random complaints on this forum classify as anything "well documented"? That's a new one.

Also while you mentioned 6th graders, it's "couldn't care less", the version you're using doesn't make sense in the context you're using it for.

>But stop claiming that I said things that I did not.

haha, that's ironic, buddy. :grin:

> @"otto.5684" said:

> I said core warrior is more versatile than berserker. Where are you getting core warrior is useless from?!

>

> Also, this is not silver struggles. If you play GS and rifle in competitive sPvP you are a free kill.

Besides different burst skill, some heal, extra movement speed and adrenaline, there is not too much that would differ core warrior from berserker.

You straight up said berserker without arc divider has nothing to offer, then core warrior is not too far away, since they both share the same set of abilities, right? In fact some rage skills are good in pvp, so berserker could have slight edge, along with more damage because of berserker tree traits. Core warrior also could miss his arcing slice and has not much to offer either, so i guess they both share the same boat.

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > I said core warrior is more versatile than berserker. Where are you getting core warrior is useless from?!

> >

> > Also, this is not silver struggles. If you play GS and rifle in competitive sPvP you are a free kill.

>

> Besides different burst skill, some heal, extra movement speed and adrenaline, there is not too much that would differ core warrior from berserker.

Wow, just no ... The whole way berserker plays is completely different than core warrior. THIS is the reason there is a problem with berserker, because there is a non-berserker mode that is deficient to core warrior in design.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > I said core warrior is more versatile than berserker. Where are you getting core warrior is useless from?!

> > >

> > > Also, this is not silver struggles. If you play GS and rifle in competitive sPvP you are a free kill.

> >

> > Besides different burst skill, some heal, extra movement speed and adrenaline, there is not too much that would differ core warrior from berserker.

>

> Wow, just no ... The whole way berserker plays is completely different than core warrior. THIS is the reason there is a problem with berserker, because there is a non-berserker mode that is deficient to core warrior in design.

You probably haven't heard that yet, but non-berk mode is weaker, because berk mode is stronger. I also heard a rumor that if you don't want power swings, you can always play core warrior or SB and you won't have to complain about different playstyle of something that's supposed to have one :+1:

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> >

> > Also, this is not silver struggles. If you play GS and rifle in competitive sPvP you are a free kill.

>

> Besides different burst skill, some heal, extra movement speed and adrenaline, there is not too much that would differ core warrior from berserker.

> You straight up said berserker without arc divider has nothing to offer, then core warrior is not too far away, since they both share the same set of abilities, right? In fact some rage skills are good in pvp, so berserker could have slight edge, along with more damage because of berserker tree traits. Core warrior also could miss his arcing slice and has not much to offer either, so i guess they both share the same boat.

>

>

>

No it is not the same. Core warrior uses defense/discipline/strength. Berserker has to sacrifice 1 of the 3 lines, same goes for SB. All three lines are better than berserker. The only thing you are getting is the berserker bursts.

The only reason people play berserker, is to pull one shot using arc divider. In every other way, it is deficient.