LW season improvement IDEA

This just came up from randomly going off in Guild Chat but I feel like it could be something that would be workable.

One thing I disliked and I think the community perhaps was that we were all over the maps for lws3 / lws4 was at least in the same area (the desert) for the most part. I think that is a good improvement. If you were to continue with lwseasons this was an idea.

I am currently in draconis mons so it is just what I would work on. So making a mini lw season on draconis mons alone would be easy to do. Maybe not 6 episodes ; maybe more along the lines of 3? Just like a mini series.

episode 1. You are on the bottom tier of the place. You can explore other parts of the land but have nothing major other than mobs running around, the scenery built but nothing really created other than the meta event on the first tier (bottom level) of the map. You have events, your collections, whatever it may be. Introduce the story however you wanted to do it.

episode 2. You now are brought up to the second tier (You don't have to develop a new map, etc. You can build off the environment laid out). You could develop the land a little bit perhaps, add new stuff that came in late, and what not. But the basic foundation is laid. New meta event is on the second tier of draconis mons, you have more stuff to do, added collection from the first tier (i.e. that rock collection ; or back piece collection). I feel without the addition of a new map the story could be told and developed quicker and pushed out a little bit faster than the 3 month expectation was it? In any case new content, new things to do, and all that. You can also add updrafts and mushrooms to it.

episode 3. You add in the spiderman vines something really cool that hasn't been seen. You could add your legendary since it is the last part of the mini series. You are now at the top, you are ready for your battle with balthazar, etc. You have the fight with his war hounds primordius is starting to stir, oh man the big event is going down. Meanwhile through episode 1-2 you are building to that climax moment of the big fight (as you are doing now with war eternal).

I feel this would be a great strategy because people will ALWAYS be in the same map for lws. People who want help with meta / achievements will already be ON THE SAME MAP. You don't have to lfg and stray away from a separate meta to get to that one, and then make it so inconvenient. Whereas now you have a whole map that can bounce around to the different levels of the environment to help the other people out that need it. You can tell a DETAILED and INTRICATE story within the map. Instead of WOW big release of draconis mons remember last time we were way across tyria now we going to fire island chains and boom things just rapidly pace and in one week I don't have to see the map again. Instead you are investing your time in that new map and maybe between episodes you go back to core tyria figure something out and then get back into the fire island chains with the story in mind. Bring back core tyria.

I guess pacing is one issue that many stress, I feel is a big thing. You don't want to just show up in a new map and WHAM WHAM story complete , now no further investment into that map , it is history let's move onward to the next area.

Maybe I am just on my own path of ideology but I feel keeping maximum amount of people into a well organized space and helping one another without the inconvenience of disturbing their own map presence would be useful. I would LOVE to do jahai cliffs meta, but I look in lfg, dead as a door nail when I am playing, other meta is taking place on a seperate lwseason map soon that I need so I'm not going to bother.

Sorry rant over, just maybe some improvements or just a bunch of words to the wind.

This is how they did LS2 - dry top and silverwastes being added to every episode over 3 episodes each. It kinda worked, but didn't make it any better. If anything, we ended up with a lot less content.

I don't like this idea of adding into existing maps - it'll just mess up the static timelines for each and that's not something that has worked at all well in the game's history. I'd rather They'd laid out shorter seasons covering 2-3 maps each episode. They could explore more mini arcs, content and generally be more free with what they could do. It would arguably mean longer waits between content, but be offset by much greater levels of content to fill the time in if committed to properly.

That is true about dry top sw, but those are separate maps again. Also they added no new land development within the map correct? It was just one map and then new story to that same map. My thought is you develop the land within . So you would add like a 'quicksand portal' that goes beneath dry top for example. Extend the story to the new part of the land. That way when you go and play new episode you have NEW LAND. NEW developments, new story, new whatever they want.

Now they have NEW MAP (which is bad imo, just transports people into a new jail cell) everytime and is quite stressful I am sure as a developer. Again I don't know, just think it would be helpful in the community. And I thought of that as well, well once the series is done then you still have people leaving the map. However, if you do it right, the metas are good, the loots are well worth you can bring the people back. Why can't they do this with current method? Because if you improve loot but you still have people running all the around porting maps and jumping here and there instead of a 'home base' and people not helping others with old stuff because they came for the meta and they run off. If you have 3-4 metas chaining into the same lw people can stay in the map and enjoy various features. Again just thoughts of how they can maybe keep people interested in a location and keep places occupied.

Again they the professionals and leave it to them. Just personally am tired of going through 10 maps to do 'daily metas'.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> New areas were added to both maps with each release.

To expand on that:

For **Dry Top** you can see pretty clearly were the borders were:

Ep. 1 added the zone with only Prospect Valley accessible, but also expanded Brisban with Tangle Root to connect.

Ep. 2 opened the tunnel to the rest *except* Challenger Cliffs.

Ep. 3 didn't add anything to DT, but

Ep. 4 added Challenger Cliffs, finishing DT.

**Silverwastes** isn't *as* clear just from the map, but the story makes it pretty obvious:

Ep. 5 added Silverwastes, with only the central main event areas.

Ep. 6 added Sharp Valley and Tangled Labyrinth

Ep. 7 added Far Silverwastes and Quarrel Gully (as it also added the JP)

Ep. 8 added The Sealed Cavern and Vinewrath Tangle, both finishing SW and the SW meta by adding the boss.

I didn't play yet during this time, all of this is available on the wiki. I *was* a bit surprised that DT wasn't more spaced out, but ep 2 really dumped most of the map. Just looking at the natural borders I'd have expected ep 2 to only reach the Oasis and ep 3 to open Unswept Uplands and Cavern of Shining Lights...

> @"Kameko.8314" said:

> That is true about dry top sw, but those are separate maps again. Also they added no new land development within the map correct? It was just one map and then new story to that same map. My thought is you develop the land within . So you would add like a 'quicksand portal' that goes beneath dry top for example. Extend the story to the new part of the land. That way when you go and play new episode you have NEW LAND. NEW developments, new story, new whatever they want.

>

> Now they have NEW MAP (which is bad imo, just transports people into a new jail cell) everytime and is quite stressful I am sure as a developer. Again I don't know, just think it would be helpful in the community. And I thought of that as well, well once the series is done then you still have people leaving the map. However, if you do it right, the metas are good, the loots are well worth you can bring the people back. Why can't they do this with current method? Because if you improve loot but you still have people running all the around porting maps and jumping here and there instead of a 'home base' and people not helping others with old stuff because they came for the meta and they run off. If you have 3-4 metas chaining into the same lw people can stay in the map and enjoy various features. Again just thoughts of how they can maybe keep people interested in a location and keep places occupied.

>

> Again they the professionals and leave it to them. Just personally am tired of going through 10 maps to do 'daily metas'.

Each map was expanded on each episode. Eg dry top was originally just down to the sand river, then added the canyons and caverns then the plateau from the right set of vines

Silverwastes added new sections each episode too. It didn’t even have the boss TIL the second or third

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I personally don’t feel that piecemealing out content is all that beneficial. Doing the same map over and over gets stale and it’ll be just as “abandoned” after the last bit of content is added just like any of the existing maps.

and it forces the maps to have layouts that can be compartmentalized into separate areas

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > I personally don’t feel that piecemealing out content is all that beneficial. Doing the same map over and over gets stale and it’ll be just as “abandoned” after the last bit of content is added just like any of the existing maps.

>

> and it forces the maps to have layouts that can be compartmentalized into separate areas

Agreed