Why do poeple make such a big fuss about no downstate when it is the norm in 90% of other games?

Anput.4620

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> cuz this game isn't other games

And? No argument on why downstate is good/bad given here. When i went in and died suddenly because i forgot about the event i was a bit shook, then i realised that i was being kind of silly because i was shook *about the fact that my character died when they were killed*.

I LOVE no downstate because bad players are less likely to get carried by support classes/rezzing.

It also adds a class to the roster with Soulbeast.

Out of pos. players are simply dead in seconds.

Let them learn to be sticky the hard way.

As a almost exclusively support player, it breaks my heart how hard some people get normaly carried by Supports.

People dont like that they get exposed for how bad they are.

Game was designed and balanced with downed state in mind seems like a pretty important argument. Otherwise we need to start pruning certain burst builds down significantly.

Their balance is they may burst someone down quick but are vulnerable when trying to finish someone of, if that drawback is taken away certain builds have no right to do the damage they do.

> @"XECOR.2814" said:

> Because no game allows bs 1shot builds like sb, herald and teef.

True, most MMOs either allow you to take no damage in a fight because you outlevel/outgear your enemies or because you can completely stunlock them to death.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"XECOR.2814" said:

> > Because no game allows bs 1shot builds like sb, herald and teef.

> True, most MMOs either allow you to take no damage in a fight because you outlevel/outgear your enemies or because you can completely stunlock them to death.

Implying you dont stunlock in this game to kill others. Every meta build is based upon stunlocking enemies in this game too.

> @"XECOR.2814" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"XECOR.2814" said:

> > > Because no game allows bs 1shot builds like sb, herald and teef.

> > True, most MMOs either allow you to take no damage in a fight because you outlevel/outgear your enemies or because you can completely stunlock them to death.

>

> Implying you dont stunlock in this game to kill others. Every meta build is based upon stunlocking enemies in this game too.

But you just said they 1shot, why would you need to stunlock dead people?

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"XECOR.2814" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"XECOR.2814" said:

> > > > Because no game allows bs 1shot builds like sb, herald and teef.

> > > True, most MMOs either allow you to take no damage in a fight because you outlevel/outgear your enemies or because you can completely stunlock them to death.

> >

> > Implying you dont stunlock in this game to kill others. Every meta build is based upon stunlocking enemies in this game too.

> But you just said they 1shot, why would you need to stunlock dead people?

>

Meh, sry i used the word "1shot" but its basically otk. You have a lot of time dont you?

> @"Terrahero.9358" said:

> Game was designed and balanced with downed state in mind seems like a pretty important argument. Otherwise we need to start pruning certain burst builds down significantly.

> Their balance is they may burst someone down quick but are vulnerable when trying to finish someone of, if that drawback is taken away certain builds have no right to do the damage they do.

I like no downedstate not because burst builds but because bruiser playstyles can normally not finish a downed player off cause the heal is higher than damage.

> @"Lalary.3561" said:

> > @"XECOR.2814" said:

> > Because no game allows bs 1shot builds like sb, herald and teef.

>

> They can only able to one shot you if you are not able to read their burst skills and take counter actions.

Sorry, but the game is powercreeped so much even AA act like burst skills. There's nothing to do when Rev hammer AA hits for 5-6k from 1200 range.

Im rev so I know first hand how broken many builds are in this game that ruin wvw when this stupid no downstate event happens.

This event would make sense only if we got a debuff of - 50% damage and condi. But with current state of the balance it only becomes a nightmare for most people while few broken specs get all the glory.

And no, you are not a better player for winning 1vs8 this week, it only means you have the personality of a brick running an advantaged build ganking people not caring about how to win this event.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> I LOVE no downstate because bad players are less likely to get carried by support classes/rezzing.

>

> It also adds a class to the roster with Soulbeast.

>

> Out of pos. players are simply dead in seconds.

> Let them learn to be sticky the hard way.

>

> As a almost exclusively support player, it breaks my heart how hard some people get normaly carried by Supports.

>

>

> People dont like that they get exposed for how bad they are.

Let me guess u play sb with auto prof endure pain ...

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > I LOVE no downstate because bad players are less likely to get carried by support classes/rezzing.

> >

> > It also adds a class to the roster with Soulbeast.

> >

> > Out of pos. players are simply dead in seconds.

> > Let them learn to be sticky the hard way.

> >

> > As a almost exclusively support player, it breaks my heart how hard some people get normaly carried by Supports.

> >

> >

> > People dont like that they get exposed for how bad they are.

>

> Let me guess u play sb with auto prof endure pain ...

Medi Scrapper.

I laugh at soulbeasts.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> Like poeple die when they are killed is normal in other games so why is it a big deal here?

You must be new. The reasons cannot be more obvious :

1. This is GW2, not other games.

2. Other games have no finisher animations, where in GW2 many players actually use real cash to buy those down-state finishers.

3. Other games have no downed skills, we have.

4. Other games have no wvw

5. And yah, did I mention this is GW2, not other games?

ANet want GW2 to be different from other MMO, another reason why we have no ' holy trinity classes '. But I think that idea failed badly because now players only want dps class for raids and fractals. The game has no holy trinity but only holy singularity lol

It's fun to play, 2 days before and earlier this morning we held garrison and tower as something like 10vs40, mostly who fell to MS bombs were Scourges, it's good when in a calm face to face scenario.

The only problem is, when in a chaotic open field with roamers around, it becomes sicko mode as my only defense as a backline weaver vs roamers (mostly Sic'Em pewpews) was rallying up if I get downed as there is literally no counter play to Sic'Em with Quickening Zephyr and Marksmanship line, I die in a second, and during zerg fights, no one knows whether you'll have a stun break/evade up at the time they decide to snipe you down... (I am still looking for my Stab.)

Aside this problem which barely happens, it shows how that many players need to improve and rely less on good ones... in other words, try to carry your own weight and improve, it won't hurt. =)

However, can I get an 'F' please for the PvE event with the 3000 gold drops.

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > I LOVE no downstate because bad players are less likely to get carried by support classes/rezzing.

> > >

> > > It also adds a class to the roster with Soulbeast.

> > >

> > > Out of pos. players are simply dead in seconds.

> > > Let them learn to be sticky the hard way.

> > >

> > > As a almost exclusively support player, it breaks my heart how hard some people get normaly carried by Supports.

> > >

> > >

> > > People dont like that they get exposed for how bad they are.

> >

> > Let me guess u play sb with auto prof endure pain ...

>

> Medi Scrapper.

>

> I laugh at soulbeasts.

scrapper even better

I tend to wander far from tags and don't play with a bunker group, so I haven't noticed any difference on this particular no-downstate week either. Going downed generally means death anyway.

Well, I suppose I have in one way. Stragglers in enemy zergs are much easier to pick off.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> Like poeple die when they are killed is normal in other games so why is it a big deal here?

why i hate it in gw2?

looking at my previous game, here are the reasons.

there are no healers in gw2

there are no healing pots in gw2

theres no tanks in gw2

theres no res in gw2 (instant one casted by healer obviously)

theres no proper focused cleanse in gw2. i mean imagine a blob of people u wanna cleanse me but theres few people in between me and u ur more likely to cleanse em then me

also there is so much shit on the floor in gw2 which in my old game a necro was just using dark attacks (nukes) and ele would just nuke with all kind of fire balls but not leaving crap on floor doing dmg and pooping conditions on u ;)

for me no downstate is crap i dont hate it, it can stay ingame forever i wouldnt mind either.

but what i think is far better for gw2 is no rally and no self res.

so u go down and ull just bleed out unless some1 will get you up no more rallybots no more self res just bleed out or ally needs to get you up.

> I LOVE no downstate because bad players are less likely to get carried by support classes/rezzing.

>

> It also adds a class to the roster with Soulbeast.

>

> Out of pos. players are simply dead in seconds.

> Let them learn to be sticky the hard way.

>

> As a almost exclusively support player, it breaks my heart how hard some people get normaly carried by Supports.

>

>

> People dont like that they get exposed for how bad they are

bad players dont get carried by anything.

how does soulbeast get added to roster? cus of no downstate? are mentally ok? i can snipe down people with and without no downstate i just dont have to cleave with no downstate for the rest nothing different i still eat from backline, and im not even retarded sic em ranger so i dunno what difference it makes.

as exclusively suport player maybe u can now see how bad you are as u cant keep ur group alive? maybe ur group/people used to be one of these rallybots that do load of dmg then die em self but rally off the downs they create before? maybe??

did i expose you now? gw2 takes very little to no skill in blob play, yes i know u will tell me a different story etc.

tho if u wanna know so badly how i do in blob, well im a thief so i can dodge and vault like no tomorrow i barely die even in no downstate event i dont need support cus more or less we either won the fight or we lost enough people that theres no point for me to even stick to fight.

the thing is there are far better thiefs then me but they do die does that mean they are bad? in my eyes no but for you probably yes.

maybe i play to safe as thief? and they go mad offensive?

i dont do any dmg and the dieing thief is doing shit load of dmg but dies.

maybe maybe?

stop judging people with a crappy event going on thinking ur some kind of elitist this game is quite old most people know what to do some might be better then others but u really wont find a huge "skill gap" anymore in this game its probably more motivation of people what makes em good or bad.

As a scrapper (barrier specced on roaming, healing-focused in zergs) there is not much difference to me...

Except in zergs I spend less time rezzing off positioned people...

Probably because if done right I can prevent one-shots on teammates while my own slightly-op barrier generation keeps me alive.

However, It would be great if my class mechanic (function gyro) would do anything anywhere in WvW.

Since I can only activate it on downed players it's basically deactivated during all no-downstate events.

Making it a well as well would be one solution to that.

That's basically my main complain against a no-downstate event.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > Like poeple die when they are killed is normal in other games so why is it a big deal here?

>

> why i hate it in gw2?

>

> looking at my previous game, here are the reasons.

> there are no healers in gw2

> there are no healing pots in gw2

> theres no tanks in gw2

> theres no res in gw2 (instant one casted by healer obviously)

> theres no proper focused cleanse in gw2. i mean imagine a blob of people u wanna cleanse me but theres few people in between me and u ur more likely to cleanse em then me

> also there is so much kitten on the floor in gw2 which in my old game a necro was just using dark attacks (nukes) and ele would just nuke with all kind of fire balls but not leaving kitten on floor doing dmg and pooping conditions on u ;)

>

> for me no downstate is kitten i dont hate it, it can stay ingame forever i wouldnt mind either.

> but what i think is far better for gw2 is no rally and no self res.

>

> so u go down and ull just bleed out unless some1 will get you up no more rallybots no more self res just bleed out or ally needs to get you up.

>

>

>

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > I LOVE no downstate because bad players are less likely to get carried by support classes/rezzing.

> >

> > It also adds a class to the roster with Soulbeast.

> >

> > Out of pos. players are simply dead in seconds.

> > Let them learn to be sticky the hard way.

> >

> > As a almost exclusively support player, it breaks my heart how hard some people get normaly carried by Supports.

> >

> >

> > People dont like that they get exposed for how bad they are

>

> bad players dont get carried by anything.

> how does soulbeast get added to roster? cus of no downstate? are mentally ok? i can snipe down people with and without no downstate i just dont have to cleave with no downstate for the rest nothing different i still eat from backline, and im not even kitten sic em ranger so i dunno what difference it makes.

>

> as exclusively suport player maybe u can now see how bad you are as u cant keep ur group alive? maybe ur group/people used to be one of these rallybots that do load of dmg then die em self but rally off the downs they create before? maybe??

>

> did i expose you now? gw2 takes very little to no skill in blob play, yes i know u will tell me a different story etc.

>

>

> tho if u wanna know so badly how i do in blob, well im a thief so i can dodge and vault like no tomorrow i barely die even in no downstate event i dont need support cus more or less we either won the fight or we lost enough people that theres no point for me to even stick to fight.

> the thing is there are far better thiefs then me but they do die does that mean they are bad? in my eyes no but for you probably yes.

> maybe i play to safe as thief? and they go mad offensive?

> i dont do any dmg and the dieing thief is doing kitten load of dmg but dies.

> maybe maybe?

>

> stop judging people with a crappy event going on thinking ur some kind of elitist this game is quite old most people know what to do some might be better then others but u really wont find a huge "skill gap" anymore in this game its probably more motivation of people what makes em good or bad.

>

„There are no healers in gw2“

I stopped right there.

Medi Scrapper

Firebrand

Druid

Tempest

Heal Rev

And if you gonna tell me there is no focused healing, then medi pack and the rev tablet want to have a word with you.