Charrs in a mount.

Am i the only person that sees how small mounts are compare to charr's race? i think even norm's look verry big on them... it looks like this SPECIFIC races on top of the mounts are about to break theyr backs... this should be addressed before next living.

I think the Charr look fine on all of the default mount skins (for example the default Raptor, since it has such a thick lower abdomen and tail, making it look sturdy enough to take the weight) , but as much as I like the skin, I do think Charr look waaaay to big on the Primordial Raptor skin. I'm using the Primordial Raptor skin with my main (a Charr), and the Raptor isn't much bigger than me.

There is no way on earth that that is going to be changing any time soon. Especially not before War Eternal. Mounts scale with the player, so their animations fit with the player. If the mounts for Charr and Norn were scaled up, their animations would have to be redone, including the skin-specific animations, which is a hell of a load of work. In the case of the Primordial Raptor specifically they may be able to scale it up a tiny bit, since there is a gap between the player's leg and the Raptors flanks, but I doubt very much Anet is going to give the specific skins unique rigging scaling on specific playable species/races.

> @"DietPepsi.4371" said:

> I think the Charr look fine on all of the default mount skins (for example the default Raptor, since it has such a thick lower abdomen and tail, making it look sturdy enough to take the weight) , but as much as I like the skin, I do think Charr look waaaay to big on the Primordial Raptor skin. I'm using the Primordial Raptor skin with my main (a Charr), and the Raptor isn't much bigger than me.

>

> There is no way on earth that that is going to be changing any time soon. Especially not before War Eternal. Mounts scale with the player, so their animations fit with the player. If the mounts for Charr and Norn were scaled up, their animations would have to be redone, including the skin-specific animations, which is a hell of a load of work. In the case of the Primordial Raptor specifically they may be able to scale it up a tiny bit, since there is a gap between the player's leg and the Raptors flanks, but I doubt very much Anet is going to give the specific skins unique rigging scaling on specific playable species/races.

sadly i agree with you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Sadly, the preview of the skyscale makes it even worse. I dearly hope they re-scale the mount for charr -- in the livestream the mount was the same size across the board, which means that the one charr character was way too big for the mount. At least the raptor looks reasonable.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> I actually first read the title of the thread: "Charrs as a mount" and thought ... um, why?

>

> Reading is t3ch

I read it more adult like charrs were ... with the mount

Edit

Or the mounts could have eaten them aswell.

> I think the Charr look fine on all of the default mount skins (for example the default Raptor, since it has such a thick lower abdomen and tail, making it look sturdy enough to take the weight) , but as much as I like the skin, I do think Charr look waaaay to big on the Primordial Raptor skin. I'm using the Primordial Raptor skin with my main (a Charr), and the Raptor isn't much bigger than me.

>

> There is no way on earth that that is going to be changing any time soon. Especially not before War Eternal. Mounts scale with the player, so their animations fit with the player. If the mounts for Charr and Norn were scaled up, their animations would have to be redone, including the skin-specific animations, which is a hell of a load of work. In the case of the Primordial Raptor specifically they may be able to scale it up a tiny bit, since there is a gap between the player's leg and the Raptors flanks, but I doubt very much Anet is going to give the specific skins unique rigging scaling on specific playable species/races.

The awakened jackal mount is bigger than the base skin, and charr look like they are going to topple with every turn.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> The awakened jackal mount is bigger than the base skin, and charr look like they are going to topple with every turn.

If so, I'm willing to bet the Awakened Jackal is bigger than the Base Jackal for *all* 5 playable races/species, not uniquely larger for Charr and Norn.

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > The awakened jackal mount is bigger than the base skin, and charr look like they are going to topple with every turn.

>

> If so, I'm willing to bet the Awakened Jackal is bigger than the Base Jackal for *all* 5 playable races/species, not uniquely larger for Charr and Norn.

It's the same as the base with different armor. I've compared the size on my tiny human female (smallest character I have) side by side with a huge norn, and a huge charr. It is noticeably bigger.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> It's the same as the base with different armor. I've compared the size on my tiny human female (smallest character I have) side by side with a huge norn, and a huge charr. It is noticeably bigger.

Are your Norn and Charr as low on the height Chart as the human female? I'm willing to bet they're not.

A mount for a maximum height human is bigger than the mount for a minimum height Charr. Obviously if you are playing a minimum height human and your Norn and Charr are not minimum height, their mounts are going to be bigger.

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > It's the same as the base with different armor. I've compared the size on my tiny human female (smallest character I have) side by side with a huge norn, and a huge charr. It is noticeably bigger.

>

> Are your Norn and Charr as low on the height Chart as the human female? I'm willing to bet they're not.

>

> A mount for a maximum height human is bigger than the mount for a minimum height Charr. Obviously if you are playing a minimum height human and your Norn and Charr are not minimum height, their mounts are going to be bigger.

>

You're saying a small human will have a bigger mount than a large norn, or it will just appear that way? Because the first makes no sense at as all. In any case, the mounts were physically next to each other, and no matter what race, or size character I am on, it is bigger.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> You're saying a small human will have a bigger mount than a large horn, or it will just appear that way? Because the first makes no sense at as all. In any case, the mounts were physically next to each other, and no matter what race, or size character I as m on, it is bigger.

I'm saying a human whom *is not* minimum height in the character creation screen, will have a bigger mount than a Charr whom *is* minimum height on the character creation screen, and a human whom *is* minimum height in the character creation screen, will have a smaller mount than a Charr whom *is not* minimum height on the character creation screen.

As I originally stated: Mounts scale to player size (on character creation screen), not player race/species.

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > You're saying a small human will have a bigger mount than a large horn, or it will just appear that way? Because the first makes no sense at as all. In any case, the mounts were physically next to each other, and no matter what race, or size character I as m on, it is bigger.

>

> I'm saying a human whom *is not* minimum height in the character creation screen, will have a bigger mount than a Charr whom *is* minimum height on the character creation screen, and Vice versa.

>

> As I originally stated: Mounts scale to player size (on character creation screen), not player race/species.

>

That was the exact opposite of what I said. It was a small human, and a huge norn.

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > That was the exact opposite of what I said. It was a small human, and a huge norn.

>

> "And vice versa"

>

> If you're going to have this discussion with me. Read my comments properly.

Lol, you aren't making any sense. I'm saying it was a human at the smallest scale, compared to a norn at the largest scale, and the norn mount was smaller. You just said a human not at minimum will have a larger mount than a norn at minimum, then you disagreed with me. I'm also fairly certain the mounts are a set size, just based off of being around 20 people in one spot with the same mount, waiting on a WB.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"DietPepsi.4371" said:

> > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > That was the exact opposite of what I said. It was a small human, and a huge norn.

> >

> > "And vice versa"

> >

> > If you're going to have this discussion with me. Read my comments properly.

>

> Lol, you aren't making any sense. I'm saying it was a human at the smallest scale, compared to a norn at the largest scale, and the >norn mount was smaller. You just said a human not at minimum will have a larger mount than a norn at minimum, then you >disagreed with me. I'm also fairly certain the mounts are a set size, just based off of being around 20 people in one spot with the >same mount, waiting on a WB.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said: It's the same as the base with different armor. I've compared the size on my tiny human female (smallest

> character I have) side by side with a huge norn, and a huge charr. It is noticeably bigger.

Ah I see.

I've misunderstood your wording on this comment. I read the "It is noticeably bigger" part as a comment about how the Awakened Jackal mount skin, from your observation, was bigger for Norn and Charr than it was for humans. What you actually meant is that the Awakened jackal mount, even on a small human, was bigger than different jackal skins being used by Norn and Charr.

Basically this entire discussion was pointless then.

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"DietPepsi.4371" said:

> > > > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > > That was the exact opposite of what I said. It was a small human, and a huge norn.

> > >

> > > "And vice versa"

> > >

> > > If you're going to have this discussion with me. Read my comments properly.

> >

> > Lol, you aren't making any sense. I'm saying it was a human at the smallest scale, compared to a norn at the largest scale, and the >norn mount was smaller. You just said a human not at minimum will have a larger mount than a norn at minimum, then you >disagreed with me. I'm also fairly certain the mounts are a set size, just based off of being around 20 people in one spot with the >same mount, waiting on a WB.

>

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said: It's the same as the base with different armor. I've compared the size on my tiny human female (smallest

> > character I have) side by side with a huge norn, and a huge charr. It is noticeably bigger.

>

> Ah I see.

>

> I've misunderstood your wording on this comment. I read the "It is noticeably bigger" part as a comment about how the Awakened Jackal mount skin, from your observation, was bigger for Norn and Charr than it was for humans. What you actually meant is that the Awakened jackal mount, even on a small human, was bigger than different jackal skins being used by Norn and Charr.

>

> Basically this entire discussion was pointless then.

Lol, all good. Its sorted now. I'm not sure if the other awakened mounts are bigger, I'll have to compare.