• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"Hex.9017" said:

> > We need that feature !

>

> Totally worth the necromancy^^

>

> But while we're at it, yeah, ANet give us build templates and swappable sigils/infusions for legendary weapons pls.

Yeah, I'd like to see ArenaNet prioritise these kind of features and actually start to deliver them. Given a choice of sitting in chairs or swappable sigils I know which one I'd want.

I'm not looking for timelines or promises just the delivery of features that have been kicked down the road for years.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > You can already get this...

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No you can't. ArcDPS is 3rd party tool allowed but not supported by anet. deltaconnected is not an anet employee so any damage caused by his tools will never be compensated by anet team. This is not a solution.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Then live without as Arenanet pretty much gave it the greenlight to pretty much not have to "Waste resources" to make a build template.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I would use it if Anet guaranteed me full support for any damage caused by this tool.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Wasting resources is a non-argument as build templates may be easily and heavily monetized. ArcDPS is not.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Well I've had 0 "damage" done as I have no clue how it can damage anything as all it does it take stuff on/off my inventory and change what was selected on my trees/traits.

> > > > > > > > Up to you though. Have fun while I switch every 5 minutes or so on my Guardian from Dragonhunter to Firebrand.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People smoking crack also have fun until it's too late :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I won't be paranoid of something when Arenanet say I can use it. So have fun waiting.

> > > > > > It's like people waiting for 6 years for Sega to release PSO2 out in the US.

> > > > >

> > > > > They never said it's safe to use and they clearly stated "use at your own risk". I'm not gonna risk my 6 year old account to a shady dev pushing updates without anet supervision.

> > > >

> > > > Seeing how Arenanet completely pulled it down and told the guy "no. No no no get that crap away" and they went and inspect it and made sure it did what was perfectly fine to them and things they were not okay they completely ceased the whole situation and then said "It's cool now. But of course we will say use at your own risk as it's not our thing, but you can use it now."

> > > >

> > > > Then I will use it.

> > > >

> > > > Like I said though, you can stay paranoid if you like. It's really and truly not my business.

> > > > Been using it since late summer I think someone linked it to me and I never had issues.

> > >

> > > Good. This means this thread is not for you as we are here complaining about in-game feature that original, still superior game had.

> >

> > Yeah and some that complained got arcdps.

> > But keep waiting if you like.

> >

> > If they add it one day (doubt it, but who knows), I will quickly drop arcdps because I'm not using it for any dps features as I wasn't even following this project thing.

> > Only until someone posted "can save templates" that I went "That's EXACTLY what I need! Now how to use it?!" Found out and been the happiest creature alive.

> >

> > Then again I would assume if Arenanetnet did release their own build template, they would end arcdps probably.

> > Or not as maybe those like me that got it for just build templates are the very very few as the most that use the thing I guess is for the dps feature.

>

> If arcdps dies as a result that's okay in my book. Anet doesn't profit from this tool and build templates are monetization dream. Anet really didn't think it through when they failed creating this feature from the start.

You, uh, know that ANet hire people, right? By either presenting the proposal to them with, y'know, appropriate financials, or by working there and doing so internally, you can actually shape the direction in a way that posting on the forums will never achieve.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > People will pay for this just like they pay for rng and overpriced mount skins every day. The outcry is irrelevant. Anet learned that forum warriors are irrelevant when money is on the table.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh, did they? Then why haven't they released more mount adoption licenses?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yet. Unless you hide build templates as BLC exclusives, people are going to buy them.

> > > >

> > > > Except we have a free alternative, unlike mount skins.

> > > > And while many would buy them, many would also complain and some would also quit. You can't be too aggressive at monetization or you'll kill your game. It's especially tricky with long-standing demands like this one.

> > >

> > > GW2 is far from being agressive with its monetization. The only problem is they are too eager on rng stuff.

> > >

> > > I have an idea. Let Anet do build templates and let's see who's right.

> >

> > What does it tell you that they haven't done it yet and a a guy developing a 3rd party tool, which basically is a hack in their own system, made it as a side project in a few months?

>

> Anet never explained why they didn't make it and I'm not going to waste my time on pointless assumptions. ArcDPS build templates are glorified macroes. They just move around your stuff. In-game build template would be something different. I'm pretty sure anet devs are capable of creating simple macro or autoclicker like arcdps.

Yeah, @"Kheldorn.5123" is right: doing this in-game is a significantly more difficult proposition than doing it with ArcDPS. Aside from anything else, have you *seen* the UI on that? A user experience designers nightmares, that is. About as unfriendly as it is possible to get, without it yelling insults every time you click a button.

Which is not to throw shade at DeltaConnected -- that it exists and works outside the game like that is an amazing achievement. Many of those limitations come from limitations that not being a part of the native client bring. Others come from the fact that, honestly, the whole thing is an amazing achievement, and it appears to be done by one person, working alone. That is ... well, not easy. I'm very impressed, and in software, that isn't common.

(Plus, and I'll be honest, if I was given the job of designing the UI, it probably would yell insults at you. Because I know my limits, and designing good UI is outside them, not inside, even if I can recognise it.)

Anyway, aside from anything else the in-game system needs to integrate well with the UI, likely needs to have a *visual* presentation using the same sort of icons for gear, allow inspection, be discoverable enough for players to work out without extensive tutorials. It needs to behave as expected, which means server-side storage. All that jazz.

So, yeah, doing the in-game stuff is vastly more complicated.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > People will pay for this just like they pay for rng and overpriced mount skins every day. The outcry is irrelevant. Anet learned that forum warriors are irrelevant when money is on the table.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Oh, did they? Then why haven't they released more mount adoption licenses?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yet. Unless you hide build templates as BLC exclusives, people are going to buy them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except we have a free alternative, unlike mount skins.

> > > > > And while many would buy them, many would also complain and some would also quit. You can't be too aggressive at monetization or you'll kill your game. It's especially tricky with long-standing demands like this one.

> > > >

> > > > GW2 is far from being agressive with its monetization. The only problem is they are too eager on rng stuff.

> > > >

> > > > I have an idea. Let Anet do build templates and let's see who's right.

> > >

> > > What does it tell you that they haven't done it yet and a a guy developing a 3rd party tool, which basically is a hack in their own system, made it as a side project in a few months?

> >

> > Anet never explained why they didn't make it and I'm not going to waste my time on pointless assumptions. ArcDPS build templates are glorified macroes. They just move around your stuff. In-game build template would be something different. I'm pretty sure anet devs are capable of creating simple macro or autoclicker like arcdps.

>

> Yeah, @"Kheldorn.5123" is right: doing this in-game is a significantly more difficult proposition than doing it with ArcDPS. Aside from anything else, have you *seen* the UI on that? A user experience designers nightmares, that is. About as unfriendly as it is possible to get, without it yelling insults every time you click a button.

>

> Which is not to throw shade at DeltaConnected -- that it exists and works outside the game like that is an amazing achievement. Many of those limitations come from limitations that not being a part of the native client bring. Others come from the fact that, honestly, the whole thing is an amazing achievement, and it appears to be done by one person, working alone. That is ... well, not easy. I'm very impressed, and in software, that isn't common.

>

> (Plus, and I'll be honest, if I was given the job of designing the UI, it probably would yell insults at you. Because I know my limits, and designing good UI is outside them, not inside, even if I can recognise it.)

>

> Anyway, aside from anything else the in-game system needs to integrate well with the UI, likely needs to have a *visual* presentation using the same sort of icons for gear, allow inspection, be discoverable enough for players to work out without extensive tutorials. It needs to behave as expected, which means server-side storage. All that jazz.

>

> So, yeah, doing the in-game stuff is vastly more complicated.

I'm well aware of that, I'm a game developer myself. My point was I'm not buying the "technical difficulties" excuse. There's design to be done, art, some UI programming. But on the actual technical side? Yeah, we already have that implemented. By a third party software written by a guy who reverse-engineered the system to do it. Which is vastly more complicated than having access to the actual code and not having to reverse-engineer anything.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > People will pay for this just like they pay for rng and overpriced mount skins every day. The outcry is irrelevant. Anet learned that forum warriors are irrelevant when money is on the table.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Oh, did they? Then why haven't they released more mount adoption licenses?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yet. Unless you hide build templates as BLC exclusives, people are going to buy them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except we have a free alternative, unlike mount skins.

> > > > > > And while many would buy them, many would also complain and some would also quit. You can't be too aggressive at monetization or you'll kill your game. It's especially tricky with long-standing demands like this one.

> > > > >

> > > > > GW2 is far from being agressive with its monetization. The only problem is they are too eager on rng stuff.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have an idea. Let Anet do build templates and let's see who's right.

> > > >

> > > > What does it tell you that they haven't done it yet and a a guy developing a 3rd party tool, which basically is a hack in their own system, made it as a side project in a few months?

> > >

> > > Anet never explained why they didn't make it and I'm not going to waste my time on pointless assumptions. ArcDPS build templates are glorified macroes. They just move around your stuff. In-game build template would be something different. I'm pretty sure anet devs are capable of creating simple macro or autoclicker like arcdps.

> >

> > Yeah, @"Kheldorn.5123" is right: doing this in-game is a significantly more difficult proposition than doing it with ArcDPS. Aside from anything else, have you *seen* the UI on that? A user experience designers nightmares, that is. About as unfriendly as it is possible to get, without it yelling insults every time you click a button.

> >

> > Which is not to throw shade at DeltaConnected -- that it exists and works outside the game like that is an amazing achievement. Many of those limitations come from limitations that not being a part of the native client bring. Others come from the fact that, honestly, the whole thing is an amazing achievement, and it appears to be done by one person, working alone. That is ... well, not easy. I'm very impressed, and in software, that isn't common.

> >

> > (Plus, and I'll be honest, if I was given the job of designing the UI, it probably would yell insults at you. Because I know my limits, and designing good UI is outside them, not inside, even if I can recognise it.)

> >

> > Anyway, aside from anything else the in-game system needs to integrate well with the UI, likely needs to have a *visual* presentation using the same sort of icons for gear, allow inspection, be discoverable enough for players to work out without extensive tutorials. It needs to behave as expected, which means server-side storage. All that jazz.

> >

> > So, yeah, doing the in-game stuff is vastly more complicated.

>

> I'm well aware of that, I'm a game developer myself. My point was I'm not buying the "technical difficulties" excuse. There's design to be done, art, some UI programming. But on the actual technical side? Yeah, we already have that implemented.

Nobody is saying the client-side swapping part is where the technical difficulties lie. Those would be in all the backend and protocol level stuff. Y'know, the things that make it not just a file saved on local disk, but instead, something that works like the rest of the options and configuration.

Anyway, at the end of the day we should probably speculate less about how hard this would be for anet, the both of us. It ultimately doesn't matter if it is hard, or easy, unless they drop a completed version on us, nothing we say about implementation is going to change anything.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > People will pay for this just like they pay for rng and overpriced mount skins every day. The outcry is irrelevant. Anet learned that forum warriors are irrelevant when money is on the table.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Oh, did they? Then why haven't they released more mount adoption licenses?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yet. Unless you hide build templates as BLC exclusives, people are going to buy them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except we have a free alternative, unlike mount skins.

> > > > > > > And while many would buy them, many would also complain and some would also quit. You can't be too aggressive at monetization or you'll kill your game. It's especially tricky with long-standing demands like this one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > GW2 is far from being agressive with its monetization. The only problem is they are too eager on rng stuff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have an idea. Let Anet do build templates and let's see who's right.

> > > > >

> > > > > What does it tell you that they haven't done it yet and a a guy developing a 3rd party tool, which basically is a hack in their own system, made it as a side project in a few months?

> > > >

> > > > Anet never explained why they didn't make it and I'm not going to waste my time on pointless assumptions. ArcDPS build templates are glorified macroes. They just move around your stuff. In-game build template would be something different. I'm pretty sure anet devs are capable of creating simple macro or autoclicker like arcdps.

> > >

> > > Yeah, @"Kheldorn.5123" is right: doing this in-game is a significantly more difficult proposition than doing it with ArcDPS. Aside from anything else, have you *seen* the UI on that? A user experience designers nightmares, that is. About as unfriendly as it is possible to get, without it yelling insults every time you click a button.

> > >

> > > Which is not to throw shade at DeltaConnected -- that it exists and works outside the game like that is an amazing achievement. Many of those limitations come from limitations that not being a part of the native client bring. Others come from the fact that, honestly, the whole thing is an amazing achievement, and it appears to be done by one person, working alone. That is ... well, not easy. I'm very impressed, and in software, that isn't common.

> > >

> > > (Plus, and I'll be honest, if I was given the job of designing the UI, it probably would yell insults at you. Because I know my limits, and designing good UI is outside them, not inside, even if I can recognise it.)

> > >

> > > Anyway, aside from anything else the in-game system needs to integrate well with the UI, likely needs to have a *visual* presentation using the same sort of icons for gear, allow inspection, be discoverable enough for players to work out without extensive tutorials. It needs to behave as expected, which means server-side storage. All that jazz.

> > >

> > > So, yeah, doing the in-game stuff is vastly more complicated.

> >

> > I'm well aware of that, I'm a game developer myself. My point was I'm not buying the "technical difficulties" excuse. There's design to be done, art, some UI programming. But on the actual technical side? Yeah, we already have that implemented.

>

> Nobody is saying the client-side swapping part is where the technical difficulties lie. Those would be in all the backend and protocol level stuff. Y'know, the things that make it not just a file saved on local disk, but instead, something that works like the rest of the options and configuration.

>

> Anyway, at the end of the day we should probably speculate less about how hard this would be for anet, the both of us. It ultimately doesn't matter if it is hard, or easy, unless they drop a completed version on us, nothing we say about implementation is going to change anything.

I'm not saying anything here to change the status quo. I'm merely disagreeing with a particular position. That's what forums are for.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the last time Arenanet officially talked about build templates:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Suggestion-Favorite-builds-button/page/1#post4094307

It's from... 2014

From what I read, the hardest part is the PVE templates because of the items required. Unlike GW1 for example, the items in GW2 are much more complex. That said, even in GW1 item and skill templates were separate, which means they could make them separate in GW2 as well. A skill/trait build string could be like the one offered by so many build websites out there, like http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

You store the quick link, like ?vFAQFAWnMICtMg1MAGOAsSAA, then load it to get your traits and skills ready. This shouldn't be hard to implement, because the function to save and load skills/traits already exists in the game, if you go to WVW, PVP and PVE you will get a separate build. So build templates already exist in the game, and the process of changing your build is quick and automatic. All that is needed is a UI for it and a save/load functionality.

I think the main reason we don't have build templates yet is because they want them to have everything, including items in PVE, which is a mistake. Just give us skills/traits and I'll be happy, items, and Legendary stat swap, can come at a later time.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> I can't reproduce it right now, but I think there was a more recent statement saying that they're working on it but the legendaries are giving them a hard time. Somehting along those lines not longer than a year ago.

That's the main problem. The functionality to save and load builds is already in the game, I'm sure they could add it to the game if they wanted to and it's things like gear and legendary weapons that's holding this important feature back. I say forget Legendary Weapons, and even gear, and just give us a way to save/load skills and traits, expand on the WVW/PVE/PVP build save functionality and that's it. What we see here is the developers trying to make a build save/load function that takes care of everything, and in the end causes enormous delays. Release the basics first, and then we they can take all the time they need to add things like Legendary weapons to it.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > I can't reproduce it right now, but I think there was a more recent statement saying that they're working on it but the legendaries are giving them a hard time. Somehting along those lines not longer than a year ago.

>

> That's the main problem. The functionality to save and load builds is already in the game, I'm sure they could add it to the game if they wanted to and it's things like gear and legendary weapons that's holding this important feature back. I say forget Legendary Weapons, and even gear, and just give us a way to save/load skills and traits, expand on the WVW/PVE/PVP build save functionality and that's it. What we see here is the developers trying to make a build save/load function that takes care of everything, and in the end causes enormous delays. Release the basics first, and then we they can take all the time they need to add things like Legendary weapons to it.

I'd be ok if we had templates for traits and skill for now, would save me a lot of time already, even if I had to change my gear manually. The system to swap skills/traits already exists, exactly that happens when you transfer your toon from the PvE-world to the WvW-world.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > I can't reproduce it right now, but I think there was a more recent statement saying that they're working on it but the legendaries are giving them a hard time. Somehting along those lines not longer than a year ago.

> >

> > That's the main problem. The functionality to save and load builds is already in the game, I'm sure they could add it to the game if they wanted to and it's things like gear and legendary weapons that's holding this important feature back. I say forget Legendary Weapons, and even gear, and just give us a way to save/load skills and traits, expand on the WVW/PVE/PVP build save functionality and that's it. What we see here is the developers trying to make a build save/load function that takes care of everything, and in the end causes enormous delays. Release the basics first, and then we they can take all the time they need to add things like Legendary weapons to it.

>

> I'd be ok if we had templates for traits and skill for now, would save me a lot of time already, even if I had to change my gear manually. The system to swap skills/traits already exists, exactly that happens when you transfer your toon from the PvE-world to the WvW-world.

I'm the same, I can swap gear manually, no problem, skills and traits would be enough to begin with.

However, the system to swap gear already exists, to a point, in sPvP you can choose predefined Default Builds right now and doing so changes your skills, traits, amulet, runes and sigils. Most importantly though it will find and equip the correct weapons too, at the moment it just equips the first weapon of the correct type that it finds but the tech is partially implemented at least.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > I can't reproduce it right now, but I think there was a more recent statement saying that they're working on it but the legendaries are giving them a hard time. Somehting along those lines not longer than a year ago.

> > >

> > > That's the main problem. The functionality to save and load builds is already in the game, I'm sure they could add it to the game if they wanted to and it's things like gear and legendary weapons that's holding this important feature back. I say forget Legendary Weapons, and even gear, and just give us a way to save/load skills and traits, expand on the WVW/PVE/PVP build save functionality and that's it. What we see here is the developers trying to make a build save/load function that takes care of everything, and in the end causes enormous delays. Release the basics first, and then we they can take all the time they need to add things like Legendary weapons to it.

> >

> > I'd be ok if we had templates for traits and skill for now, would save me a lot of time already, even if I had to change my gear manually. The system to swap skills/traits already exists, exactly that happens when you transfer your toon from the PvE-world to the WvW-world.

>

> I'm the same, I can swap gear manually, no problem, skills and traits would be enough to begin with.

>

> However, the system to swap gear already exists, to a point, in sPvP you can choose predefined Default Builds right now and doing so changes your skills, traits, amulet, runes and sigils. Most importantly though it will find and equip the correct weapons too, at the moment it just equips the first weapon of the correct type that it finds but the tech is partially implemented at least.

I don't think the system we have in PvP can be seen as a good example. PvP gear is just so much different than how PvE/WvW gear works.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > > I can't reproduce it right now, but I think there was a more recent statement saying that they're working on it but the legendaries are giving them a hard time. Somehting along those lines not longer than a year ago.

> > > >

> > > > That's the main problem. The functionality to save and load builds is already in the game, I'm sure they could add it to the game if they wanted to and it's things like gear and legendary weapons that's holding this important feature back. I say forget Legendary Weapons, and even gear, and just give us a way to save/load skills and traits, expand on the WVW/PVE/PVP build save functionality and that's it. What we see here is the developers trying to make a build save/load function that takes care of everything, and in the end causes enormous delays. Release the basics first, and then we they can take all the time they need to add things like Legendary weapons to it.

> > >

> > > I'd be ok if we had templates for traits and skill for now, would save me a lot of time already, even if I had to change my gear manually. The system to swap skills/traits already exists, exactly that happens when you transfer your toon from the PvE-world to the WvW-world.

> >

> > I'm the same, I can swap gear manually, no problem, skills and traits would be enough to begin with.

> >

> > However, the system to swap gear already exists, to a point, in sPvP you can choose predefined Default Builds right now and doing so changes your skills, traits, amulet, runes and sigils. Most importantly though it will find and equip the correct weapons too, at the moment it just equips the first weapon of the correct type that it finds but the tech is partially implemented at least.

>

> I don't think the system we have in PvP can be seen as a good example. PvP gear is just so much different than how PvE/WvW gear works.

Oh, I'm not saying it's anyway near complete or even all that similar when it comes to the gear but the tech currently exists to search your inventory to find, for example, an axe, shield and a longbow and equip them.

It would be quite possible to refine that further to look for, for example, an ascended berserker axe with a sigil of force and an ascended shield with a sigil of air and equip those (along with your other weapon set, armour, trinkets etc).

• 1 month later...

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > > @"akenoyuki.8210" said:

> > > > This been requested so many time, I hope they will implement it in the future

> > > > Even if only the skill trait and skill hotkey at first (in the future maybe also save the equipment build) it would be really helpful <3

> > > >

> > > > > @Jack.4017 said:

> > > > > maybe they don't want this feature here for some reasons?

> > > > The only reason that I can think of why they didn't want this feature is so that "character slot" sale will improve maybe? (even though that's not the only reason to buy character slot)

> > > > I personally been planning to create one more mesmer that the build is purely for doing HP Train / SW Chest Train / Jumping Puzzle

> > >

> > > To give another reason. And my personal reason why I lean towards being against this is it promotes brainless meta-builds.

> > > GW1 had such a feature. One build was very popular and everyone was copying that build from a website and load it up as a saved build. One day there was a nerf and the build was tweaked.....the end result was a build that was significant better then the previous one.

> > >

> > > Saving and loading builds also means it is easy to distribute them. It means people can basically copy paste a build without knowing what the hell it is and why it works. If you have to put in the skills and traits manually, you need to read into what you are doing and why.

> > >

> > > However....with elite specialisations, end game fractals and raids, we have entered the realm of required builds. This road has been taken and means that people are required to switch more often.

> > >

> > > So I am against save and load builds at the client side. But I would be for the possibility to save up to 5 builds per character in the gameinterface and stored in someones account. You still need to set it up once, but after that you can save it and lock and load to quickly switch.

> >

> > gw1 had more builds and options for you to be optimal or close to optimal than gw2 will ever have, build templates have nothing to do with limiting build diversity

> >

> > If any, they can help with build diversity. I'm not playing WvW regularly only because I'm tired of constant swapping between my pve and wvw gear. I can't believe the level of incompetency from anet about this subject. Game is almost 6 years old, GW1 had build templates in 2 years from the launch.

>

> How come you don't want to use arcbuilds?

>

>

I can't stand that I would have to update it evey time there's a gw2 update.

That's annoying just to pick up Anets slack.

If it can be done through Arc, why can't Anet?

> @"Sazukikrah.5036" said:

> In gw1 you could link builds from in game too couldn't you? I just think Anet is too lazy to do the programming, cause i'm sure saving builds and swapping builds should be a thing since there is so much being added to the game. Don't hold your breathe on it though. They will infracture your post before they even consider build templates .

yeah, richt, they will infracture for reasons of discussing that feature. Man, I am sure your post will be infracted and if you do not know why, you are really weak on the self inspection side.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> If it can be done through Arc, why can't Anet?

Tbf, if Anet introduced guild templates the way arc does, the forums would be filled with threads about how lackluster the tool works with legendaries, reports of deleted or misplaced gear and other discomforts. Arc gets away with it because, as a 3rd party program, it's ok if the templates work 8 out of 10 times. That's also the case, since there are no alternatives for the app. If ANet introduced templates, they'd need to work as intended 10 out of 10 times with all current and preferably future gear.

> @"akenoyuki.8210" said:

> This been requested so many time, I hope they will implement it in the future

> Even if only the skill trait and skill hotkey at first (in the future maybe also save the equipment build) it would be really helpful

Yes. Sigh

> @"Parlance.9584" said:

> ArcDPS recently added this and its been confirmed safe to use by ANet (they dont actually support it)

No 3rd party tools for me, thanks

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> I would LOVE this, and would happily pay gems or cash for it

To be honest, it should totally be part of the core game

I believe many players would be upset if Anet charges for such an utility tool