Ancient Echo over elite specialization F2

Bacon.1835

I'm starting to believe that Ancient Echo (core F2) is far superior to the elite specialization alternatives.

Facet of Nature really offers nothing significant and I'd even give up renegade F2, F3 and F4 abilities just to have Ancient Echo on my bar.

Being able to regenerate 25 energy on the fly is just so amazing and I'd feel this would propel spells like Impossible Odds, Facet of Chaos and Soulcleave's Summit to new heights.

I think that Facet of Nature should actually be Ancient Echo. This skill is a hit and miss for me.

FoN Herald Mallyx does Mallyx's Condition control job better than Mallyx.

Same with Ventari FoN upkeep and cast vs. AE.

Same with Shiro's Unblockable damage and life siphon vs. AE.

Only Jalis' Ancient Echo does something more than 25 energy gain for skill spam.

Revenant itself was never a full-made profession because of Herald. And this bothers me, as Herald enhances f.e. Mallyx giving it what CORE legend exactly needs - Condition manipulation.

Ancient Echo is a cool skill, free 25 energy. But besides that? Literally nothing interesting. Just flat buff for Resistance - no interaction, flat Alacrity, flat useless Unblockable and a great gorgeous thing - mini RotGD.

Renegade F skills are just outright bad and cost too much energy. My legend Kella skills are superior for the energy cost to damage. I rather have Echo over them. The barrage is good but my Legend skills are far superior and just doesnt fit my rotation because I need energy for burst and defense.

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> I think that Facet of Nature should actually be Ancient Echo. This skill is a hit and miss for me.

> FoN Herald Mallyx does Mallyx's Condition control job better than Mallyx.

> Same with Ventari FoN upkeep and cast vs. AE.

> Same with Shiro's Unblockable damage and life siphon vs. AE.

> Only Jalis' Ancient Echo does something more than 25 energy gain for skill spam.

>

> Revenant itself was never a full-made profession because of Herald. And this bothers me, as Herald enhances f.e. Mallyx giving it what CORE legend exactly needs - Condition manipulation.

>

> Ancient Echo is a cool skill, free 25 energy. But besides that? Literally nothing interesting. Just flat buff for Resistance - no interaction, flat Alacrity, flat useless Unblockable and a great gorgeous thing - mini RotGD.

Renegade F2 and F4 pretty much useless to a Revenant. I rather take a Energy regen than Barrage since legend skills are superior on Kella for burst damage.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > Renegade F2 and F4 pretty much useless to a Revenant.

>

> Watch your tongue. Renegade F4 singlehandedly defines the new meta in raids.

>

>

>

>

Key word, in raid. Has no other purpose than to be a Boon bot. Herald was build for that. I rather Renegade skills be for a different role. I hope they developers dont continue this design going forward with future elite specs.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

>Has no other purpose than to be a Boon bot.

Being a boon bot is exactly the point, and it does that extremely well. F2 also supplies might for 5man content.

Funnily enough, Renegade does Herald's job much better for everything but Fury.

Honestly, I think you must be looking at this too hard from an SPVP and WvW angle. Renegade is a PvE spec, and for that it is brilliant.

While I feel like it's better, Facet of Nature does have it's up and down. Same for Renegade skills which can allow yourself to have 10 seconds of 25 might with Diviner stats, shorter CDs or even sometimes in a cleave before swapping to proc Charged Mists, the bombardment can hit up to 10k-15k which is pretty neat.

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> to long cd for 25 energy ...

You don't use it only for the 25 energy, work with the legend specific effects as well if you want to actually feel like it's useful. IE make Charged Mists easier to proc in the following of a skill with the benefit of tanking for of either Physical or Condition damage.

Shiro bonus is pretty edgy to pull off on a blocking warrior that disengages without the risk of not being able to retreat with Riposting Shadows after because Phase Traversal takes too much energy.

For Ventari however, it's honestly more useful to make Energy Expulsion potent for extra cleanses.> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> >Has no other purpose than to be a Boon bot.

>

> Being a boon bot is exactly the point, and it does that extremely well. F2 also supplies might for 5man content.

>

> Funnily enough, Renegade does Herald's job much better for everything but Fury.

>

> Honestly, I think you must be looking at this too hard from an SPVP and WvW angle. Renegade is a PvE spec, and for that it is brilliant.

Honestly even in PvP/WvW, Renegade has better sustain overall with Jalis/Shiro.

Glint has a lot of goods that a lot of people don't use, but ultimately it's downs which most do suffer from anyway and require to disengage so often that it's not even funny, hence why most people play it as a pseudo thief warrior rather than try and manage true potential around energy plays.