The Gift of Guildwars

Greetings GW folk. I have a friend who is not really a gamer. But I got him hooked on GW, so he has vanilla and I was thinking of buying the game for him. Using ingame gems (because it is currently cheaper) and gifting it to him. It is his Birthday now 20th May.

The problem I have is, it does not seems to give that option in the store. When I hover over it the "Gift" icon does not appear like the other items.

Also, it is on special. And I'm a Stingy Mofo.

You can purchase either, or both of, the expansions for your friend through the official website: guildwars2.com

You can send him the Serial Key you receive in the mail (e-mail) and pass it along to your friend.

(Only Digital Upgrades [upgrading an existing account to the Deluxe Edition] are sold in the Gem Store for Gems.)

Good luck.

You are looking at the digital deluxe upgrade. This is to upgrade an existing regular version of the game to a digital deluxe version with minor extra's. This is not what you want. The gifting option is not available as it tells people what kind of account they are currently using (as the availibility depends on the account).

You can buy the game with real money. To do so you need to buy one of the expansions (this unlocks also the other full game stuff). currently PoF is on sale for 14,99 USD/Euro. You can also buy PoF and HoT for 25 euro/USD