My alts need to do the story again just to borrow Skyscale???

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > I mean time-gate the mount is fine but I have to do the story for every single alt just to borrow skyscale???? Really??

>

> ofcourse the story award the temporary skyscale so how would all your alts be able to use it?

I thought it would have unlocked for all characters since I switch classes a lot just to keep myself entertained. Especially since the new map seems to need the skyscale a lot. Getting the griffon roost to work for all my alts was never an issue but I don't understand why it is now.

If you enjoy playing through the story 4 times then good for you but I certainly don't.

> @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > Just wait till the skyscale quest is completed and it becomes a non issue.

>

> Yeah that's if or when I get to it. I'm still working on getting the griffon which seems to be more worth it anyway.

Exactly that. If Anet doesn't buff the skyscale, just don't bother, especially if you don't have griffon yet. Unlock the griffon first, you won't miss the borrowed skyscale on any character. At that point you can work on that long skyscale collection for vanity/completion sake.

I already know that I'm only going to use the skyscale to show off.

> @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > > I mean time-gate the mount is fine but I have to do the story for every single alt just to borrow skyscale???? Really??

> >

> > ofcourse the story award the temporary skyscale so how would all your alts be able to use it?

>

> I thought it would have unlocked for all characters since I switch classes a lot just to keep myself entertained. Especially since the new map seems to need the skyscale a lot. Getting the griffon roost to work for all my alts was never an issue but I don't understand why it is now.

>

> If you enjoy playing through the story 4 times then good for you but I certainly don't.

Done it on 2 no problem unsure if I will do it on my other 7 tho since I dont plan on going to the new map anytime soon with those.

> @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > I mean time-gate the mount is fine but I have to do the story for every single alt just to borrow skyscale???? Really??

> >

> > ofcourse the story award the temporary skyscale so how would all your alts be able to use it?

>

> I thought it would have unlocked for all characters since I switch classes a lot just to keep myself entertained. **Especially since the new map seems to need the skyscale a lot**. Getting the griffon roost to work for all my alts was never an issue but I don't understand why it is now.

>

> If you enjoy playing through the story 4 times then good for you but I certainly don't.

I don't know about this. I haven't done anything in DF that I could not do with griffon and springer. Maybe the skyscale would make things a little easier, but I don't think it's necessary.

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > > > I mean time-gate the mount is fine but I have to do the story for every single alt just to borrow skyscale???? Really??

> > >

> > > ofcourse the story award the temporary skyscale so how would all your alts be able to use it?

> >

> > I thought it would have unlocked for all characters since I switch classes a lot just to keep myself entertained. **Especially since the new map seems to need the skyscale a lot**. Getting the griffon roost to work for all my alts was never an issue but I don't understand why it is now.

> >

> > If you enjoy playing through the story 4 times then good for you but I certainly don't.

>

> I don't know about this. I haven't done anything in DF that I could not do with griffon and springer. Maybe the skyscale would make things a little easier, but I don't think it's necessary.

There is 1 mastery point you cant get without the skyscale hover ability.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > > > > I mean time-gate the mount is fine but I have to do the story for every single alt just to borrow skyscale???? Really??

> > > >

> > > > ofcourse the story award the temporary skyscale so how would all your alts be able to use it?

> > >

> > > I thought it would have unlocked for all characters since I switch classes a lot just to keep myself entertained. **Especially since the new map seems to need the skyscale a lot**. Getting the griffon roost to work for all my alts was never an issue but I don't understand why it is now.

> > >

> > > If you enjoy playing through the story 4 times then good for you but I certainly don't.

> >

> > I don't know about this. I haven't done anything in DF that I could not do with griffon and springer. Maybe the skyscale would make things a little easier, but I don't think it's necessary.

>

> There is 1 mastery point you cant get without the skyscale hover ability.

Are you sure? I don't know if it's scripted to work only with Skyscale (I was on the borrowed one), but I'm confident I can touch it with a combination of Springer/Griffon (and with Skyscale you only needed to touch it for an instant).

It's a little odd the way it's done, but I think at present a lot of players are covered with alt map completion, because they either have griffon and springer, don't have Griffon but have Springer and HOT oakheart essences, or Don't have HOT don't have Griffon but have a lot of patience with Springer and are working on Skyscale collections.

> @"Kidel.2057" said:

> Are you sure? I don't know if it's scripted to work only with Skyscale (I was on the borrowed one), but I'm confident I can touch it with a combination of Springer/Griffon (and with Skyscale you only needed to touch it for an instant).

Unfortunately, it is. I did some tree-wiggling with other mounts and was able to pass through the point multiple times without triggering it, but when you so much as look at it with a Skyscale, it activates.

On the other hand you only need one try at the mastery point, it's not part of alt map completion.

I'm a bit sad about needing to work the story through for alt map completions (ok, not *needing*, but definitely preferring the added skyscale flexibility). Still for now I'm really just going to get one alt through story so I can have a reaper rather than a daredevil for roaming Dragonfall. The two of them will be enough to work on various achieves and Skyscale collections and once I have a permanent Skyscale and have determined what I actually want to buy with the map currency I can profligately fling alts at the map.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > @"Kidel.2057" said:

>

> > Are you sure? I don't know if it's scripted to work only with Skyscale (I was on the borrowed one), but I'm confident I can touch it with a combination of Springer/Griffon (and with Skyscale you only needed to touch it for an instant).

>

> Unfortunately, it is. I did some tree-wiggling with other mounts and was able to pass through the point multiple times without triggering it, but when you so much as look at it with a Skyscale, it activates.

>

>

Anyways, it can be reached with other mount combinations, it's not a special ability of the Skyscale, just scripted like that.

And masteries are account bound, so you just need 1 character to get it.

> @"Kidel.2057" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > > @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"Tazdingo.7213" said:

> > > > > > I mean time-gate the mount is fine but I have to do the story for every single alt just to borrow skyscale???? Really??

> > > > >

> > > > > ofcourse the story award the temporary skyscale so how would all your alts be able to use it?

> > > >

> > > > I thought it would have unlocked for all characters since I switch classes a lot just to keep myself entertained. **Especially since the new map seems to need the skyscale a lot**. Getting the griffon roost to work for all my alts was never an issue but I don't understand why it is now.

> > > >

> > > > If you enjoy playing through the story 4 times then good for you but I certainly don't.

> > >

> > > I don't know about this. I haven't done anything in DF that I could not do with griffon and springer. Maybe the skyscale would make things a little easier, but I don't think it's necessary.

> >

> > There is 1 mastery point you cant get without the skyscale hover ability.

>

> Are you sure? I don't know if it's scripted to work only with Skyscale (I was on the borrowed one), but I'm confident I can touch it with a combination of Springer/Griffon (and with Skyscale you only needed to touch it for an instant).

Yep. I got that one with a borrowed Skyscale, but later found that a Griffon could get to it from the trees, plus, you can get to it using the thermal vent just to the east of that MP.

Edit: As noted, it might be coded to only work with the Skyscale, but I do know you can get to it without one. I've already gotten it so I can't test that.

> @"Ygdrasill.9135" said:

> What? You don't want to get to ride Aurene into battle more than once? It's not like the unlock is that far into the story.

Yeah I did it it the 2nd time but doing for the 4 characters I use is exhausting. Especially that whole unskippable segment with Kralkkatorik at the beginning.

My issue is that it just seems like an unnecessary oversight that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Just do it like the Griffon Roosts. Not that hard. Do it once and it's unlocked account-wide.

I agree it didn't have to work that way, but it seems like a fairly minor obstacle. This story in particular is fairly quick and easy. But then we had similar complaints with last ep that the story was necessary for map completion and those seemed silly to me as well, so maybe I'm not the best judge of this sort of thing . . .