Skyscale is easy, just time consuming.

This content is not hard, I see people saying how hard it is & that is concerning, especially since the collections are really simple & straightforward - alot of people just want it now & I get it, I really do. You don't HAVE to have Skyscale, it's not a legendary mount- it's not better than the griffon or springer.

Do you mind the timegating? (For it being a lackluster mount, it doesn't make much sense) How would you change it?

Also, here seems to be apart or all of the next Skyscale collection after feeding it - the bugger runs away -_-

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bqo0kx/more_collections_d/

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> it's not better than the griffon or springer.

That's debatable :P

It's a Dragon!!.

Well Dragon Hybrid.. Drake flitter flatter fly fly thing that spits FIRE!! so that automatically makes it cooler than the Griffon and the Bunnyroo to me.

The timegates were an.. annoyance at first but once I got to collection 3 they went from annoyance to an insufferable, pointless, infuriating waste of time..

Everyone wants the Skyscale now, that's true but it's not all the grindy collections or silly little things that are what's annoying people, it's that we are being actively prevented from completing these collections at our own pace.

It's well known that Gw2 endgame is largely based on players setting their own goals and then working towards that goal at their own pace.

For a lot of people right now, getting the Skyscale is their primary goal and all these time gates are just forcing people to waste their time waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.

I'm almost done with collection 3 so far.. just gotta wait for the next reset 23 hours from now, feed the Skyscale the last 3 food and talk to Gorrik then wait another 24 hours for collection 4.

I've probably put several hours into these collections in total..

But i've been forced to wait for the daily reset to start the second collection which was about 7 hours from when I finished the first.

12 hours for the next reset when I finished the second.

And the 3rd collection will have forced me to wait around 96 hours before I'm able to finally start the 4th.. and if that has even more timegates I think i'm probably going to flip my skritt and break a window XD

Oh and I wasted the first resets after the patch launched because I didn't know about the timegates >.<

I don't mind working for something.. even grinding a little for something I want but I can't stand when i'm being prevented from achieving a goal for no good reason.

I'm being forced to waste time for the sake of wasting time and that's incredibly frustrating.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > it's not better than the griffon or springer.

>

> That's debatable :P

>

> It's a Dragon!!.

>

> Well Dragon Hybrid.. Drake flitter flatter fly fly thing that spits FIRE!! so that automatically makes it cooler than the Griffon and the Bunnyroo to me.

>

> The timegates were an.. annoyance at first but once I got to collection 3 they went from annoyance to an insufferable, pointless, infuriating waste of time..

>

> Everyone wants the Skyscale now, that's true but it's not all the grindy collections or silly little things that are what's annoying people, it's that we are being actively prevented from completing these collections at our own pace.

> It's well known that Gw2 endgame is largely based on players setting their own goals and then working towards that goal at their own pace.

> For a lot of people right now, getting the Skyscale is their primary goal and all these time gates are just forcing people to waste their time waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.

>

> I'm almost done with collection 3 so far.. just gotta wait for the next reset 23 hours from now, feed the Skyscale the last 3 food and talk to Gorrik then wait another 24 hours for collection 4.

> I've probably put several hours into these collections in total..

> But i've been forced to wait for the daily reset to start the second collection which was about 7 hours from when I finished the first.

> 12 hours for the next reset when I finished the second.

> And the 3rd collection will have forced me to wait around 96 hours before I'm able to finally start the 4th.. and if that has even more timegates I think i'm probably going to flip my skritt and break a window XD

>

> Oh and I wasted the first resets after the patch launched because I didn't know about the timegates >.<

>

> I don't mind working for something.. even grinding a little for something I want but I can't stand when i'm being prevented from achieving a goal for no good reason.

> I'm being forced to waste time for the sake of wasting time and that's incredibly frustrating.

I quite appreciate your response - I laughed out loud at "Drake flitter flatter fly fly thing that spits FIRE!!" I also agree with you- I'm literally putting off GW2 until reset just to do Skyscale, then logging off to play or do something else. I really was hoping that there wasn't another timegate after feeding Skyscale.

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> This content is not hard, I see people saying how hard it is & that is concerning, especially since the collections are really simple & straightforward - alot of people just want it now & I get it, I really do. You don't HAVE to have Skyscale, it's not a legendary mount- it's not better than the griffon or springer.

> Do you mind the timegating? (For it being a lackluster mount, it doesn't make much sense) How would you change it?

>

> Also, here seems to be apart or all of the next Skyscale collection after feeding it - the kitten runs away -_-

> https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bqo0kx/more_collections_d/

The fact that it is in fact SO LACKLUSTER _is why so many are upset about the requirements to get it. _

I think if they at least made the one you befriended in the story your unlocked mount, and the collections helped to unlock the mastery tracks (so you could at least use it outside the map to start) people might be less upset.

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > > it's not better than the griffon or springer.

> >

> > That's debatable :P

> >

> > It's a Dragon!!.

> >

> > Well Dragon Hybrid.. Drake flitter flatter fly fly thing that spits FIRE!! so that automatically makes it cooler than the Griffon and the Bunnyroo to me.

> >

> > The timegates were an.. annoyance at first but once I got to collection 3 they went from annoyance to an insufferable, pointless, infuriating waste of time..

> >

> > Everyone wants the Skyscale now, that's true but it's not all the grindy collections or silly little things that are what's annoying people, it's that we are being actively prevented from completing these collections at our own pace.

> > It's well known that Gw2 endgame is largely based on players setting their own goals and then working towards that goal at their own pace.

> > For a lot of people right now, getting the Skyscale is their primary goal and all these time gates are just forcing people to waste their time waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.

> >

> > I'm almost done with collection 3 so far.. just gotta wait for the next reset 23 hours from now, feed the Skyscale the last 3 food and talk to Gorrik then wait another 24 hours for collection 4.

> > I've probably put several hours into these collections in total..

> > But i've been forced to wait for the daily reset to start the second collection which was about 7 hours from when I finished the first.

> > 12 hours for the next reset when I finished the second.

> > And the 3rd collection will have forced me to wait around 96 hours before I'm able to finally start the 4th.. and if that has even more timegates I think i'm probably going to flip my skritt and break a window XD

> >

> > Oh and I wasted the first resets after the patch launched because I didn't know about the timegates >.<

> >

> > I don't mind working for something.. even grinding a little for something I want but I can't stand when i'm being prevented from achieving a goal for no good reason.

> > I'm being forced to waste time for the sake of wasting time and that's incredibly frustrating.

>

> I quite appreciate your response - I laughed out loud at "Drake flitter flatter fly fly thing that spits FIRE!!" I also agree with you- I'm literally putting off GW2 until reset just to do Skyscale, then logging off to play or do something else. I really was hoping that there wasn't another timegate after feeding Skyscale.

Or, not even bother, do a quick daily and leave. Until I finish gold track in WvW this week so I have an even 20 tokens to turn in for marks to get another Ascended Weapon, then probably stop playing except once a week for WvW reset cause **trying to make me have a 3rd job** _is not how you entice me to play a game._

It's not hard. A few things are frustrating. I'm just glad the 10 events at the camps were any 10 events and not specific ones. I don't even mind the time it's going to take. I had the gold and already have my food and grow lamp. My main complaint is actually that there is no reasonable way to do those collections without using the wiki. It would have been nice to have a scanner item like they've used in the past so you could go into an area, use the scanner and narrow down to where the items were. As it is, there's no chance of game immersion. It's just looking at a map on the website and matching that to where it is inworld. Nobody is just going to fly around until they happen upon them.