Refining

Unless you bought that amount off the TP I can see your point. But if you did, why didn't you just buy the refined version? Too cheap, had more time to refine than gold?

I don't stockpile raw mats I can refine. I usually refined them between events I'm waiting for or heading to a new zone....don't let it build up.

I routinely craft amounts of that size weekly. What I usually do is refine them in the background when I do other things such as eat dinner, watch a movie, go grocery shopping etc.

Is this something you’re able to do too? I only ask because it’s very unlikely that Anet will reduce, or eliminate, the refinement times.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I routinely craft amounts of that size weekly. What I usually do is refine them in the background when I do other things such as eat dinner, watch a movie, go grocery shopping etc.

Good advice.

It's the one time when (arguably) you can profit in the game by chatting.

> ...it’s very unlikely that Anet will reduce, or eliminate, the refinement times.

Not including the cost of changing something that isn't a game-stopping bug... there are reasons to have crafting take time: it means that those willing can convert their time into gold. And the impatient can spend coin to avoid waiting.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> Unless you bought that amount off the TP I can see your point. But if you did, why didn't you just buy the refined version? Too cheap, had more time to refine than gold?

> I don't stockpile raw mats I can refine. I usually refined them between events I'm waiting for or heading to a new zone....don't let it build up.

Sometimes the refined version is actually cheaper.

> @"WingLegacy.7159" said:

> Dear Anet,

>

> It is not fun to refine 19k mithril and 18k elder logs to make a leggy and there's nothing glorious about it . Kindly speed up or make bulk recipe for refining mats. Thank you!

>

> Love.

>

> A player since Prophecies

+100 here. I am also fine with queuing things in and then having to come back later to pick them up if there has to be a time association to it. But watching a bar cross the screen..........

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I routinely craft amounts of that size weekly. What I usually do is refine them in the background when I do other things such as eat dinner, watch a movie, go grocery shopping etc.

>

> Is this something you’re able to do too? I only ask because it’s very unlikely that Anet will reduce, or eliminate, the refinement times.

If we have to keep the wait another QoL would be to allow us to select a build list. 1000 iron ingots, 1000 darksteel, 1000 elder....