The playerbase is amazing!

Just wanted to take a second to appreciate everyone that helped me. Being a newbie is hard sometimes in gaming because in most communities you either get ignored or they start calling you a noob and other stuff. However, GW2 community is by far the best gaming community I've been apart off. I've never seen someone message me when I'm asking for help and tell me that they will help me do it and show me how to do it. I've also never seen a bigger guild accepting newer players so they can learn and fully enjoy their game. Using yesterday as an example, I asked for help on dragonfall to find a mastery and I instantly got couple of people replying and asking me which one I needed help with and someone even showed me where it is.

Agreed. This is one thing which always impresses me about this community. On some other gaming sites I'm on someone will ask for help with something fairly basic and it will quickly gain 2+ pages of replies, but 99% of those are people making stupid jokes about the question, responding to the stupid jokes and directly mocking the person for not already knowing the answer. Even worse genuine replies can be impossible to pick out of the fake ones unless you already know the answer.

It's always a nice change to come back here and see the opposite - newbie questions may get a lot fewer responses but they're almost always from people trying to help, and it's the same in-game. Ask for help with something and there's almost always someone willing to respond. Plus things like people going out of their way to revive someone who got downed or killed.

Welcome! =) And I agree, it is as a whole very friendly and helpful! I’ve had several players go out of their way to help me find stuff, actually coming in character to guide me even! And I’ve had the pleasure of playing with groups and guilds very generous to new players and very helpful and friendly with teaching! I am always happy to pass it along when I am able. :3