Do you play as both genders?

Danikat.8537

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the original Guild Wars, I had a male Paragon that I played but only because I had the collector's edition of Nightfall and I couldn't deny myself that sweet...sweet male paragon dance. The confetti. The light show. It was spectacular.

In GW2, I stick to my own gender so all female characters.

> @Loosifah.4738 said:

> I have both male and female characters and I like it that way. I mean seriously who cares? I would much rather watch the backside of a female character for hours on end than a male.

>

> I've been doing this ever since I played a Cora in the game Rising Force Online(RFO). They were basically bondage elves and after a few hours on a male character I was starting to feel a little gay.

It's okay to let out your inner little gay <3 :p

> @Yadovid.5863 said:

> I'm male and while I do play both genders, my main on which I have like 80% of playtime is female :) (although she's sylvari, so she only looks like female, she have no reproductive organs whatsoever ;D)

They don't have reproductive organs like ovaries. But they do have genitalia. They're appearance is based off of human. Some in game discussion heavily imply hthey have genitalia and are capable of having sex. They also have blood. Sorta.

I made my first female character as a female sylvari because male sylvari tend to look and sound weird. Later I made a female charr to play with the character creation options associated with that. I like what I did with that and I would post a screenshot, but we can't do that now and I don't want to open an account on some unfamiliar website just to share images here.

The rest of my roster is male, btw.

> @StinVec.3621 said:

> * Human - I do not play human male as they are basically limited to only being able to look like flawless boy band members, not hardened/scarred warriors.

Actually there are a couple of craggier faces available. Sorry I can't provide images like in the old forums -- but ahah, they got posted in the dying days at https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Non-Flashy-Character-Screenshots/first#post6738494 . There is one somewhat older, seamed face that I use for a mafiosa-style Minister-level older villain (the guy in red), and of the new Elonian faces there is certainly a craggy, wrinkled visage that is my very stern-faced Soulbeast-to-be (guy in blue and gold). Some of the detail is lost in the screens but I promise, the Soulbeast has definite lines in his face.

And the human man in black in that link at least looks in his 30's, once I squared his jaw and gave him some stubble. So it's hard, but not impossible to avoid the boy band look.

As I said in the old forum discussion Danikat mentions, I'm female and play both since I see them as characters I write rather than extensions or wish fulfillment versions of myself. My current set is 10 male, 12 female. (Well, 11 male, but one of them is a name place holder for the "real name" of another one who is a Scarlet Pimpernel sort, so he doesn't count). Of those, the ones with RP backgrounds include 8 male and almost 8 female -- I say almost because I have a backstory for one norn female who has never actually been rp'd. Then I have a male and a female Elonian upcoming, ready to be Soulbeast and Deadeye, and I have a general feel for who they are but can't figure out their story until I've seen the map and culture more fully in PoF as I want them to be native there rather than from the Pact area.

> @Reinthir.1349 said:

> > @Loosifah.4738 said:

> > I have both male and female characters and I like it that way. I mean seriously who cares? I would much rather watch the backside of a female character for hours on end than a male.

>

> I don't know how anyone is looking at any butts with the amount of trench coats and butt capes in the game :D

>

Human females FTW! XD

On the main note, as a guy, all of my tunes are split somewhat evenly between genders.

I voted that I play both but it is hardly 50/50. Out of my 23 characters, only two are male.

My female characters sparkle and glitter in pretty colours. It is like dressing up dolls to me.

My two males are intended to be more soberly attired. One is a necro so he is dark and mysterious. My other, a newly created no nonsense male warrior is there just so he can eventually use the pleasing, but non flashy, amber weapon set that I am finally getting around to crafting. The trouble is, last night I got sick of seeing his thrift store donation mix and not match armour so I used an outfit on him. I believe it is the Lyssa outfit. Oh my, he looks like a prince. He's gorgeous. I don't think I can let this go. Someone else may have to use the amber insect set.

I try to be as balanced as possible in terms of gender, race, class, and armor type, but it's usually based on I think looks the best. I only have one Human because I really dislike their anatomy (dat thigh gap) and they're female because they look a bit better than the male humans in my opinion. But I like male Norns more than female Norns so I have two males and no female.

In most any game I feel uncomfortable playing as a male. In gw1 I have all females, in any character creation in any game I always go female (unless there's no choice, but those don't bother me too much). In gw2 I have 49 characters, 4 of which are male. It's interesting to see the differences in them when I play the males.

Interesting question... Male Playing Both is my vote and seems to be the majority so far.

It's nice to have some scenic variety, and I've grown rather fond of variety in my toon's voice and dialogue.

My toons (so far):

Human Female - Mesmer

Sylvari Male - Ranger

Charr Male - Dragonhunter (Guardian)

Norn Male - Herald (Revenant)

Asura Male - Necromancer

Norn Male - Berserker (Warrior)

Asura Female - Engineer

Sylvari Female - Elementalist

Norn Female - Daredevil (Thief)

Human Male - Necromancer

Human Male - Tempest (Elementalist)

I have a relatively perfect spread of both genders and race representation. I actually keep a spreadsheet of each of my now 27 characters that records their race, gender, profession, color scheme, and build.

> @Quisquous.7480 said:

> To me a character is not a reflection of myself, basically I see myself as playing somebody else's life.

I see them as a personification of a part of myself. I can't remove my influences on my characters, and since I'm the one who creates their personality in the first place, it would be impossible. If you add all my characters and their personalities together, you can get a more complete picture of me.