Different place to practice the usage of skyscale mount! Also combination with other mounts...

I just thought I would share a video with all of you of me flying from point A to B with my skyscale mount in Verdant Brink.

Going up to higher places in a way I could not do before. I am not using any updrafts and I don't dismount either in this clip.

Personally I do enjoy HoT maps with my skyscale because I think it really comes to it's place there! :)

This is subjective however. Some players may think differently. We are all entitled to our oppinions.

**It is a very simple video. Nothing fancy...** ;)

It's a really good mount. Don't be so quick to judge it based on the rental version in Dragonfall (Me). The masteries really do make it. It could be buffed by perhaps slightly reducing the sky juice/stamina decay or maybe making it use less stamina when taking off, but these are little things.

It's really well designed and fun to use.

Was able to easily break out of Caledon with it the other day and get so high in the sky over Orr I could get this close to the dragons flying around.

[imgur](https://imgur.com/217Pj10)

It's funny when people say giving the mount free flying would break the game, all the mounts being usable on old maps have effectively broken them in similar ways to this.

Adding mounts to content that was never designed for them was obviously going to cause these kinds of issues, free flying skyscales would not change anything tbh.

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> It's a really good mount. Don't be so quick to judge it based on the rental version in Dragonfall (Me). The masteries really do make it. It could be buffed by perhaps slightly reducing the sky juice/stamina decay or maybe making it use less stamina when taking off, but these are little things.

>

> It's really well designed and fun to use.

I enjoyed the rental version as well even though it's a bit more clunky compared to the real one with maxed out masteries.

You can climb up way higher with it maxed out. I experienced that the rental is slower at flying forward and the altitude dips down quicker than the real mount...

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Was able to easily break out of Caledon with it the other day and get so high in the sky over Orr I could get this close to the dragons flying around.

>

> [imgur](https://imgur.com/217Pj10)

>

> It's funny when people say giving the mount free flying would break the game, all the mounts being usable on old maps have effectively broken them in similar ways to this.

> Adding mounts to content that was never designed for them was obviously going to cause these kinds of issues, free flying skyscales would not change anything tbh.

Nice screenshot! ;)

My oppinion is that the skyscale mount is OK as it is. :) Perhaps it needs some fine tuning but that's about it.

It's too early to say because I haven't used it long enough to tell...

I am updating this post with a new video clip. Also changed the title of this thread to better reflect it's contents.

This time I am at Southsun Cove using my skyscale to gain extreme altitude. Then I switch to griffon and dive down to gain extreme speed.

Flying from one end of map to the other... ;)

Note that it says "Mounts are not allowed in this area!" in the clip. This is because I accidently landed on the jumping puzzle in the starting area of the map and died in my first attempt to make this video. :D