Warrior's Vengeful Return not working properly

Hi,

I've had some problems regarding the VengeFul Return trait, which is supposed to give 100% chances of suviving if I kill an enemy during Vengeance, but the problem is, it doesnt work.

I know not all enemies count for this, especially the weaker ones, but I died after killing veterans and even an [elite](

). In the video, you can see that I killed an Elite Branded Devourer and still died to my Vengeance at the end (the red icon in the boons bar which is supposed to disappear if I survive).

I don't think we can call these NPCs "weak".

> @"Cyphall.6178" said:

> Hi,

> I've had some problems regarding the VengeFul Return trait, which is supposed to give 100% chances of suviving if I kill an enemy during Vengeance, but the problem is, it doesnt work.

> I know not all enemies count for this, especially the weaker ones, but I died after killing veterans and even an [elite](

). In the video, you can see that I killed an Elite Branded Devourer and still died to my Vengeance at the end (the red icon in the boons bar which is supposed to disappear if I survive).

> I don't think we can call these NPCs "weak".

Triggering "on kill" type things has nothing to do with the strength of the mob.

The video shows why that mob doesn't work. It gives no exp. Mobs from an infinitely spawning source will be set like that.

The only exception are the mobs in personal stories which do not give exp but do trigger on kill effects. This is probably because they used to be normal mobs that give exp so they are flagged differently.

Linking game mechanics to the exp(this also affects loot drops) can probably be considered a bug but this isn't specifically a Vengeance bug..

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Triggering "on kill" type things has nothing to do with the strength of the mob.

>

> The video shows why that mob doesn't work. It gives no exp. Mobs from an infinitely spawning source will be set like that.

>

> The only exception are the mobs in personal stories which do not give exp but do trigger on kill effects. This is probably because they used to be normal mobs that give exp so they are flagged differently.

>

> Linking game mechanics to the exp(this also affects loot drops) can probably be considered a bug but this isn't specifically a Vengeance bug..

Didn't know the trait only worked on mobs that gives xp and apparently, that way of filtering enemies doesn't work consistently. Without the needed changes, this trait is pretty much worthless...

> @"Cyphall.6178" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Triggering "on kill" type things has nothing to do with the strength of the mob.

> >

> > The video shows why that mob doesn't work. It gives no exp. Mobs from an infinitely spawning source will be set like that.

> >

> > The only exception are the mobs in personal stories which do not give exp but do trigger on kill effects. This is probably because they used to be normal mobs that give exp so they are flagged differently.

> >

> > Linking game mechanics to the exp(this also affects loot drops) can probably be considered a bug but this isn't specifically a Vengeance bug..

>

> Didn't know the trait only worked on mobs that gives xp and apparently, that way of filtering enemies doesn't work consistently. Without the needed changes, this trait is pretty much worthless...

Definitely not as good as a +25% movement speed and +7% damage

At least for PvE maybe they could have it also increase the duration of Vengeance by some amount ...