Why is this game so grindy and time-gated?

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said: .......

> > @"Taygus.4571" said: .........

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said: ....

>

> I analyzed my playstile and based on that I posted my opinion supporting the OP point of view against the time gates. For me a game without time gates can give me the feeling of freedom of action. I can play for a goal as long as I want. More time in one day. Less time (or even zero time) for the same goal in other day. But in that way I consider you can fell that you decide when to do something and how much time you spend for that something. The gates prevent this.

>

> You disagreed but, even by reading carefully your posts I wasn't able to see arguments other than: "Gates are good" / the gates are ingame, so keep them because are good / you cannot handle something for free (this is hilarious - the time needed for 7880 tickets is nothing?) etc.

>

> To make sure I understand your point of view (and keeping the debate in the legendary WvW armor realm) , please, tell us in what way canceling the time gates will negatively affect **your personal** playstile and the enjoyment of playing GW2.

>

> Please don't post how you think that this can affect ANet income/playerbase/etc. Also, please don't post how you think this may affect **other players experience**. Please tell us how this can affect **your personal** experience.

>

Timegates serve to on average:

- ensure people play longer.

- people burn out less.

- Adds realism to some things (growing the skyscale for example)

- transfers gold from the lazy to the playing.

- makes you feel presured to do everything before reset.

- breaks realism sometimes.

- annoys people who want everything as fast as possible

Their might be other things but from the ones i thought of their are both positive and negative

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic