Irresistible New Headgear

I might be alone in this, but I don't appreciate that you ripped out a part of an outfit (Shrine Guardian Outfit) and put it in the gemstore as a seperate item. The fox ears are a pretty big part of that outfit, and selling them seeperately diminishes its value. If you're going to do that, then why have outfits at all? Why not sell seperate parts of each outfit if you're going to do this kind of thing anyway?

I'm totally happy with selling separately, and would like they do that with every outfit, I still want my eye visor only present in inquest exo suit outfit as headgear. Even the timeskeeper helmet is great just like a pharaon.

Also great selling parts:

-You have players that like the whole outfit.

-Some that like only a part of the outfit.

-Some that hate only a part of the outfit.

-Finally ones that hate the outfit.

Seems like a non-issue. I bought the ears as soon as they came out because I didn’t have any head gear to suit the armour skins I was using on my ranger. I thinks it’s great, as others have said, that they are selling parts of outfits separately. More revenue for the game.

If displaying the ears only was possible it would have been a nice gesture to offer those of us who already owned the outfit a discount on them. Not a big deal for sure.

But in no way does it devalue the existing outfit. It's only of the very small number of gemstore outfits I have purchased. I like it quite a bit.

> @"Finnkitkit.8304" said:

> I would never buy a clothes set. Just think it's stupid to squeeze my char into ONE tightly connected thing where I don't like parts.

> But I bought the ears immediately. I wish they would do that more often. Miss the armor sets.

Why do you miss them when armor sets are being released faster than ever?

They are being released as in-game earnables.

I prefer this by a wide margin over the times when the best armors were in the gemstore only.

If you don't mind that item being sold seperately, that's completely fine. I'm not really directing this at the community, but at whoever is responsible for these decisions. Also - saying that FOX ears in this FOX-styled outfit, being ripped out and sold seperately doesn't devalue the outfit, is just silly. Of course it does. That's my main complaint. Good for people who buy them, but I don't think it's the right way to go. Either sell every part of every outfit seperately, or don't do it at all. It's as if they took the immortal weapon box out of the 2000 gem pack and sold it seperately.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immortal_Weapon_Choice

> @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> More revenue for the game.

I swear, some of you could have your kidneys taken and you would thank them for it.

I'd actually like to see them sell more parts of outfits separately when possible, because there's so much more you can do with them when you can mix and match.

But I do think if they're going to do that it should come out at the same time as the full outfit, so everyone knows what the options are and can make an informed decision. This one didn't bother me (I haven't bought the outfit or the ears) but I can definitely imagine myself ending up in a similar situation to the OP if I bought an outfit for a specific purpose then key parts were sold separately. If, for example, the Raven Mantle and Helm had been part of an outfit I'd probably have bought it for my norn necromancer, but I much prefer the individual skins.