250x Crystaline Ingot. Only one "Amalgamated Gemstone" per meta?!?!? 2g in TP since PoF!

Spiritwood planks, as well as clovers, ectos, gifts of X and resources/currencies needed to get mats is already a lot and it's already a time sink. You still need to do events and other things in game to earn money and these resources.

For Spiritwood Planks alone you need 1k gold, unless you decide to craft them yourself, each day, one by one.

I have honestly enjoyed the journey for Nevermore. Obtaining things, figuring out the prices, getting gold and looking for the things I need for gifts, doing WvW for Gift of Battle, etc...has all been really, really fun.

When I saw that Amalgamated Gemstone requirement I just dropped dead hahaha!

Sure I'll get enough money to craft them via Mystic Forge eventually, but you can imagine the annoyance once you obtain so much, spend all your resources and then see this requirement and just go..."Nooooooooo!"

What I still have to do is make Gift of X materials (claws, blood etc), 250 Mystic Coins, 250 Ectos, 77 Clovers - which is a massive gold sink. Of course Amalgamated Gemstone is killing me now XD

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> They are available on the trade post to be purchased at your leisure.

As are many things but it's another 450 gold or more on top of everything else. But I'm not here to complain. I'm in the process of getting Pharus and it's just a matter of patience and persistence really. I get about 10 gemstones every two days at the moment without buying them from the tp.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Blur.3465" said:

> > Bringing this thread back up to life, as I just had a massive mood drop.

> > I have managed to afford all the materials for Nevermore. Heck I can even continue doing that if not for 250 amalgamated gemstones.

> > 444g+ for 250 amalgamated gemstones...............................

> > Ok, sure I can do stuff in the forge, but it's super annoying, especially as the orbs and crests and whatnot takes a long time to obtain and farm, in other words it's incredibly boring to farm these things and to farm amalgamated gemstones which only drop in HoT now.

> > Lowering the number of amalgamated gemstones required would've been so much better.

> > 100 would've sufficed, as this is just crazy!

>

> As opposed to the Mystic Clover forging, there's really no reason to *not* use the 10x recipe. This would take an *absolute* maximum of 25 forgings, very likely no more than 22. Buy orbs in bulk.

>

> Amalgamated Gemstones is definitely something you should not expect to gather all on your own - they are tradeable for a reason.

Gathering all on your own is trivial. 8.3 months of killing VB Matriarch once a day would cover it. That takes about 3 minutes, alternatively soloing Patriarch takes about 15m. Add in the occasional one from throwing crystals/medallion into the forge for Daily Mystic Forager and the actual time will be less.

This is not directed at you but I do have to wonder where people get the idea that a legendary would be easy or cheap much less both.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Blur.3465" said:

> > > Bringing this thread back up to life, as I just had a massive mood drop.

> > > I have managed to afford all the materials for Nevermore. Heck I can even continue doing that if not for 250 amalgamated gemstones.

> > > 444g+ for 250 amalgamated gemstones...............................

> > > Ok, sure I can do stuff in the forge, but it's super annoying, especially as the orbs and crests and whatnot takes a long time to obtain and farm, in other words it's incredibly boring to farm these things and to farm amalgamated gemstones which only drop in HoT now.

> > > Lowering the number of amalgamated gemstones required would've been so much better.

> > > 100 would've sufficed, as this is just crazy!

> >

> > As opposed to the Mystic Clover forging, there's really no reason to *not* use the 10x recipe. This would take an *absolute* maximum of 25 forgings, very likely no more than 22. Buy orbs in bulk.

> >

> > Amalgamated Gemstones is definitely something you should not expect to gather all on your own - they are tradeable for a reason.

>

> Gathering all on your own is trivial. 8.3 months of killing VB Matriarch once a day would cover it. That takes about 3 minutes, alternatively soloing Patriarch takes about 15m. Add in the occasional one from throwing crystals/medallion into the forge for Daily Mystic Forager and the actual time will be less.

>

> This is not directed at you but I do have to wonder where people get the idea that a legendary would be easy or cheap much less both.

Although I don't disagree with you, I do think that doing something over a period of 8 months isn't trivial. That's a long time for an in game skin. It's not a great effort as such but it does require quite a period of time. You're right, it shouldn't be easy but 8 months is not a trivial amount of time, that's all I'm saying.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Gathering all on your own is trivial. 8.3 months of killing VB Matriarch once a day would cover it. That takes about 3 minutes, alternatively soloing Patriarch takes about 15m. Add in the occasional one from throwing crystals/medallion into the forge for Daily Mystic Forager and the actual time will be less.

> >

> > This is not directed at you but I do have to wonder where people get the idea that a legendary would be easy or cheap much less both.

>

> Although I don't disagree with you, I do think that doing something over a period of 8 months isn't trivial. That's a long time for an in game skin. It's not a great effort as such but it does require quite a period of time. You're right, it shouldn't be easy but 8 months is not a trivial amount of time, that's all I'm saying.

It is pretty trivial and you can speed it up by a factor of 3 by doing the other HoT metas.

If you want it to go even faster you can just go map to map harvesting and opening chest to get orbs/crystals instead....

It's quick if you know what to do and slow if you think your only recourse is buying them / doing the 1 PoF meta. It's actually a heck of a lot faster just to craft your own.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > Gathering all on your own is trivial. 8.3 months of killing VB Matriarch once a day would cover it. That takes about 3 minutes, alternatively soloing Patriarch takes about 15m. Add in the occasional one from throwing crystals/medallion into the forge for Daily Mystic Forager and the actual time will be less.

> > >

> > > This is not directed at you but I do have to wonder where people get the idea that a legendary would be easy or cheap much less both.

> >

> > Although I don't disagree with you, I do think that doing something over a period of 8 months isn't trivial. That's a long time for an in game skin. It's not a great effort as such but it does require quite a period of time. You're right, it shouldn't be easy but 8 months is not a trivial amount of time, that's all I'm saying.

>

> It is pretty trivial and you can speed it up by a factor of 3 by doing the other HoT metas.

> If you want it to go even faster you can just go map to map harvesting and opening chest to get orbs/crystals instead....

>

> It's quick if you know what to do and slow if you think your only recourse is buying them / doing the 1 PoF meta. It's actually a heck of a lot faster just to craft your own.

As I said, the effort is trivial, the duration is not. However, I also use the mystic toilet method which means it will take me about 6-7 weeks which is a lot better and still an easy farm.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> As I said, the effort is trivial, the duration is not. However, I also use the mystic toilet method which means it will take me about 6-7 weeks which is a lot better and still an easy farm.

So just over a month for a legendary ?

Why are you complaining again ?

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > As I said, the effort is trivial, the duration is not. However, I also use the mystic toilet method which means it will take me about 6-7 weeks which is a lot better and still an easy farm.

>

> So just over a month for a legendary ?

>

> Why are you complaining again ?

>

They aren't complaining. They were pointing out that repeating a trivial activity 250 times requires a collective amount of effort that is more than trivial.

( @"Gehenna.3625" also said that it's not difficult to obtain 250 AmGems; it's just a matter of patience & perspective.)

> @"LanfearShadowflame.3189" said:

> If you have a ton of t6 gemstones, u can make AG in the forge as well.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone/Recipes

YOU CAN MAKE THEM!! O.O

Oh son of a Skritt..

I can't believe i've been dreading making my Shining Blade because of this and the whole time they were kitten craftable >.<

It's moments like this that really make me feel like an idiot XD

Thanks for sharing this you've saved me a ton of time and gold lol

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"LanfearShadowflame.3189" said:

> > If you have a ton of t6 gemstones, u can make AG in the forge as well.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone/Recipes

>

> YOU CAN MAKE THEM!! O.O

> Oh son of a Skritt..

> I can't believe i've been dreading making my Shining Blade because of this and the whole time they were kitten craftable >.<

>

> It's moments like this that really make me feel like an idiot XD

> Thanks for sharing this you've saved me a ton of time and gold lol

I *strongly* recommend doing a bit of a wiki crawl before setting out to make a legendary of a "new" type (gen1/gen2/armor/back/etc) to make sure you familiarize yourself with all the various sub-components.

There's a lot of little things you can find - like the fact that you can make 2-handed gen 2.5 leges by crafting off-hand shards and Mystic Forging them into a Enormous Chest of Legendary Shards. Or that you can purchase Mystic Clovers for Fractal Relics and Mystic Coins, saving *a lot* of coins.

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"LanfearShadowflame.3189" said:

> > > If you have a ton of t6 gemstones, u can make AG in the forge as well.

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone/Recipes

> >

> > YOU CAN MAKE THEM!! O.O

> > Oh son of a Skritt..

> > I can't believe i've been dreading making my Shining Blade because of this and the whole time they were kitten craftable >.<

> >

> > It's moments like this that really make me feel like an idiot XD

> > Thanks for sharing this you've saved me a ton of time and gold lol

>

> I *strongly* recommend doing a bit of a wiki crawl before setting out to make a legendary of a "new" type (gen1/gen2/armor/back/etc) to make sure you familiarize yourself with all the various sub-components.

> There's a lot of little things you can find - like the fact that you can make 2-handed gen 2.5 leges by crafting off-hand shards and Mystic Forging them into a Enormous Chest of Legendary Shards. Or that you can purchase Mystic Clovers for Fractal Relics and Mystic Coins, saving *a lot* of coins.

Fun fact I actually did look up the requirements for Shining blade after finally making Save the Queen but despite my great eyesight i'm hopeless and constantly overlooking things like that.. it's like my brain just randomly doesn't register things and it's like I never see them at all XD

I double checked the wiki page for AG's after that and it's right there..

Crafting section with the word Crafting in Bold! and the link to the same page you shared.

I'd literally facepalm but all things considered sustaining blows to the head thanks to youthful stupidity is probably the reason I completely missed this in the first place lmao

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"LanfearShadowflame.3189" said:

> > > > If you have a ton of t6 gemstones, u can make AG in the forge as well.

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone/Recipes

> > >

> > > YOU CAN MAKE THEM!! O.O

> > > Oh son of a Skritt..

> > > I can't believe i've been dreading making my Shining Blade because of this and the whole time they were kitten craftable >.<

> > >

> > > It's moments like this that really make me feel like an idiot XD

> > > Thanks for sharing this you've saved me a ton of time and gold lol

> >

> > I *strongly* recommend doing a bit of a wiki crawl before setting out to make a legendary of a "new" type (gen1/gen2/armor/back/etc) to make sure you familiarize yourself with all the various sub-components.

> > There's a lot of little things you can find - like the fact that you can make 2-handed gen 2.5 leges by crafting off-hand shards and Mystic Forging them into a Enormous Chest of Legendary Shards. Or that you can purchase Mystic Clovers for Fractal Relics and Mystic Coins, saving *a lot* of coins.

>

> Fun fact I actually did look up the requirements for Shining blade after finally making Save the Queen but despite my great eyesight i'm hopeless and constantly overlooking things like that.. it's like my brain just randomly doesn't register things and it's like I never see them at all XD

>

> I double checked the wiki page for AG's after that and it's right there..

> Crafting section with the word Crafting in Bold! and the link to the same page you shared.

> I'd literally facepalm but all things considered sustaining blows to the head thanks to youthful stupidity is probably the reason I completely missed this in the first place lmao

It was @"LanfearShadowflame.3189" who shared the helpful link :)

Don't beat yourself up for not noticing things, there are soooo many little pieces in making legendaries that it's hard to fully register all of them until you make (or at least plan out) a few!

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Fun fact I actually did look up the requirements for Shining blade after finally making Save the Queen but despite my great eyesight i'm hopeless and constantly overlooking things like that.. it's like my brain just randomly doesn't register things and it's like I never see them at all XD

Then add to @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509"'s strong recommendation another: post in the forums (or reddit or /guild or even /map) asking people for tips & tricks before starting any long term or expensive GW2 projects.

A lot of us have posted walls of text and pithy (sometimes even witty) phrases to help folks along their way, but... well, as you've noticed, there's quite a lot to keep track of. There are very few of us who can remember close to 70% of the details, let alone all or nearly all. Ask for ideas; there's no need to try and figure it out by yourself (unless you just really like that sort of thing).

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"LanfearShadowflame.3189" said:

> > > > > If you have a ton of t6 gemstones, u can make AG in the forge as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone/Recipes

> > > >

> > > > YOU CAN MAKE THEM!! O.O

> > > > Oh son of a Skritt..

> > > > I can't believe i've been dreading making my Shining Blade because of this and the whole time they were kitten craftable >.<

> > > >

> > > > It's moments like this that really make me feel like an idiot XD

> > > > Thanks for sharing this you've saved me a ton of time and gold lol

> > >

> > > I *strongly* recommend doing a bit of a wiki crawl before setting out to make a legendary of a "new" type (gen1/gen2/armor/back/etc) to make sure you familiarize yourself with all the various sub-components.

> > > There's a lot of little things you can find - like the fact that you can make 2-handed gen 2.5 leges by crafting off-hand shards and Mystic Forging them into a Enormous Chest of Legendary Shards. Or that you can purchase Mystic Clovers for Fractal Relics and Mystic Coins, saving *a lot* of coins.

> >

> > Fun fact I actually did look up the requirements for Shining blade after finally making Save the Queen but despite my great eyesight i'm hopeless and constantly overlooking things like that.. it's like my brain just randomly doesn't register things and it's like I never see them at all XD

> >

> > I double checked the wiki page for AG's after that and it's right there..

> > Crafting section with the word Crafting in Bold! and the link to the same page you shared.

> > I'd literally facepalm but all things considered sustaining blows to the head thanks to youthful stupidity is probably the reason I completely missed this in the first place lmao

>

> It was @"LanfearShadowflame.3189" who shared the helpful link :)

Son of a Skritt again!!

See!! see what I mean? Lmao XD

> Don't beat yourself up for not noticing things, there are soooo many little pieces in making legendaries that it's hard to fully register all of them until you make (or at least plan out) a few!

I know lol

I've gotten used to dumb moments like this.. you kinda have to when you have them so often :D

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > As I said, the effort is trivial, the duration is not. However, I also use the mystic toilet method which means it will take me about 6-7 weeks which is a lot better and still an easy farm.

> >

> > So just over a month for a legendary ?

> >

> > Why are you complaining again ?

> >

>

> They aren't complaining. They were pointing out that repeating a trivial activity 250 times requires a collective amount of effort that is more than trivial.

> ( @"Gehenna.3625" also said that it's not difficult to obtain 250 AmGems; it's just a matter of patience & perspective.)

Except you don't even have to do it 250 times. You can do the activity a little bit over 60 times and can short cut that buy crafting.

So again, why are we complaining that legendaries have a time investment, that's kinda their gimmick.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > So again, why are we complaining that legendaries have a time investment, that's kinda their gimmick.

>

> Neither myself nor the person to whom you replied complained.

So we're really gonna say

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> Although I don't disagree with you, I do think that doing something over a period of 8 months isn't trivial. **That's a long time for an in game skin. It's not a great effort as such but it does require quite a period of time.** You're right, it shouldn't be easy but 8 months is not a trivial amount of time, that's all I'm saying.

That isn't a complaint ? Is this what the whole what the defintion of "Is" is or what.

That's a complaint by any standard and defintion of the word, just because they passively agree that it's acceptable doesn't make the statement made any less of a complaint. To further go one and explain that it takes X amount of time and that's what's excessive and thus not trival only indicates the position that the person has with the process.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > So again, why are we complaining that legendaries have a time investment, that's kinda their gimmick.

> >

> > Neither myself nor the person to whom you replied complained.

>

> So we're really gonna say

>

> > Although I don't disagree with you, I do think that doing something over a period of 8 months isn't trivial. **That's a long time for an in game skin. It's not a great effort as such but it does require quite a period of time.** You're right, it shouldn't be easy but 8 months is not a trivial amount of time, that's all I'm saying.

>

> That isn't a complaint ? Is this what the whole what the defintion of "Is" is or what.

>

> That's a complaint by any standard and defintion of the word, just because they passively agree that it's acceptable doesn't make the statement made any less of a complaint. To further go one and explain that it takes X amount of time and that's what's excessive and thus not trival only indicates the position that the person has with the process.

It's not a complaint. You really need to learn the difference between a complaint and an observation. I'm saying it's not trivial but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. You really need to learn not to jump to false conclusions based on what you feel rather than what I actually say.

If there is a complaint in there it's against you because you called a period of over 8 months trivial. I do not agree with that description. However, that doesn't mean I feel getting a legendary should be trivial. That's just you putting words in my mouth.