Hearts and Minds: Awful, buggy, and just awful

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > Long, boring, persistently buggy. All of the things the OP complains about that have nothing to do with whether or not it's a difficult fight.

>

> I have not run into any bugs during this mission for years. What exactly is the issue?

Canach has a long persistent bug where he fails to throw his shield, ive ran into it every other time ive entered the instance, ive seen Garm literally not stop healing(that one was fun made the attempt last hours.). The rifts you are supposed to interact with have a chance to never spawn(ran into this one a decent amount too) preventing one from continuing.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > Long, boring, persistently buggy. All of the things the OP complains about that have nothing to do with whether or not it's a difficult fight.

> >

> > I have not run into any bugs during this mission for years. What exactly is the issue?

>

> Canach has a long persistent bug where he fails to throw his shield, ive ran into it every other time ive entered the instance, ive seen Garm literally not stop healing(that one was fun made the attempt last hours.). The rifts you are supposed to interact with have a chance to never spawn(ran into this one a decent amount too) preventing one from continuing.

Don't forget everyone's favorite random disconnects during story missions that force you to start over again! That one isn't specific to "Hearts and Minds", but it just feels worse because of how mind-numbingly boring the fight is!

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Canach has a long persistent bug where he fails to throw his shield

Rrrright! I had completely forgotten about that one...

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> Don't forget everyone's favorite random disconnects during story missions that force you to start over again!

Never seen _that_ happen.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > Canach has a long persistent bug where he fails to throw his shield

>

> Rrrright! I had completely forgotten about that one...

>

> > Don't forget everyone's favorite random disconnects during story missions that force you to start over again!

>

> Never seen _that_ happen.

I don't get it in "Hearts and Minds" too often (although I don't do Hearts and Minds too often either!). But I've gotten in 3 out of the last 4 story episodes, including one real game-breaker where I couldn't finish the final story mission in Thunderhead Peaks because at the part after the big fight with the dragon would disconnect me at the same exact place every time, forcing me to redo it over and over again. I ended up just giving up on it for several months and, luckily, when I tried it again it worked.

I only had one disconnect bug in the latest story mission. It disconnected me at the end of the raven sanctum, so I had to do that over. Fortunately, it only happened one time in this episode! But I know plenty of other players who have the same kind of issues.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > Canach has a long persistent bug where he fails to throw his shield

> >

> > Rrrright! I had completely forgotten about that one...

> >

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > Don't forget everyone's favorite random disconnects during story missions that force you to start over again!

> >

> > Never seen _that_ happen.

>

> I don't get it in "Hearts and Minds" too often (although I don't do Hearts and Minds too often either!). But I've gotten in 3 out of the last 4 story episodes, including one real game-breaker where I couldn't finish the final story mission in Thunderhead Peaks because at the part after the big fight with the dragon would disconnect me at the same exact place every time, forcing me to redo it over and over again. I ended up just giving up on it for several months and, luckily, when I tried it again it worked.

>

> I only had one disconnect bug in the latest story mission. It disconnected me at the end of the raven sanctum, so I had to do that over. Fortunately, it only happened one time in this episode! But I know plenty of other players who have the same kind of issues.

This bug is more related to LS2, i had it a lot on first years, and the solution is DNS clean-up, for some reason, this is poorly documented. But in old forums i extensively documented it. Why Living World chapters specially the LS2 are "sensible" to "dirty" DNS route is a mystery to me. Google for "DNS cache clean" or something like that... also alternative DNS routes can improve a lot the performance too.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > Canach has a long persistent bug where he fails to throw his shield

> > >

> > > Rrrright! I had completely forgotten about that one...

> > >

> > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > Don't forget everyone's favorite random disconnects during story missions that force you to start over again!

> > >

> > > Never seen _that_ happen.

> >

> > I don't get it in "Hearts and Minds" too often (although I don't do Hearts and Minds too often either!). But I've gotten in 3 out of the last 4 story episodes, including one real game-breaker where I couldn't finish the final story mission in Thunderhead Peaks because at the part after the big fight with the dragon would disconnect me at the same exact place every time, forcing me to redo it over and over again. I ended up just giving up on it for several months and, luckily, when I tried it again it worked.

> >

> > I only had one disconnect bug in the latest story mission. It disconnected me at the end of the raven sanctum, so I had to do that over. Fortunately, it only happened one time in this episode! But I know plenty of other players who have the same kind of issues.

>

> This bug is more related to LS2, i had it a lot on first years, and the solution is DNS clean-up, for some reason, this is poorly documented. But in old forums i extensively documented it. Why Living World chapters specially the LS2 are "sensible" to "dirty" DNS route is a mystery to me.

Maybe add that to the wiki page as a possible fix if it bugs out? I dunno if they allow such things on there but ive seen other wikis do the same thing.

• 2 months later...

Was gonna make a seperate thread asking if challenge mode is actually broken, because this really doesnt make sense. Eir is fine, despite garm being a root-spamming annoyance, canach however?...as soon as he hits the 50% phase, his invuln buff wears off after the dialog, and he continues to take exactly 0 damage, and be seemingly immune to conditions...how is this even a thing? no way can a single person break his bar so...yeah, guess thats 1 mastery achieve i won't be getting :'(

inb4: I've soloed this before but gave up on last fight (mordremoth) because i had to go out, but that was years ago when there were even more bugs in there.

> @"Sinistral.5309" said:

> Was gonna make a seperate thread asking if challenge mode is actually broken, because this really doesnt make sense. Eir is fine, despite garm being a root-spamming annoyance, canach however?...as soon as he hits the 50% phase, his invuln buff wears off after the dialog, and he continues to take exactly 0 damage, and be seemingly immune to conditions...how is this even a thing? no way can a single person break his bar so...yeah, guess thats 1 mastery achieve i won't be getting :'(

It _is_ possible to break that bar solo, but only on some classes with very specific, cc-heavy builds. That is not a problem however - challenge mote is meant for 5 people, not one. 2-3 people should have no problem breaking that bar even on builds that are not made with cc in mind.

Still, there's a ton of bugs still remaining in that instance, and at least one of them _is_ tied to Canach and make finishing that phase harder.