Overseer’s Cave Point of Interest [&BM0HAAA=]

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> No point of interest should be locked behind an event/living story instance or anything. They should just make the PoI tick if you walk outside the wall of such places tbh.

Map exploration is about exploration (it's in the name after all). Exploration includes both geography and life on said map (aka events). Bad enough so much of it has come down already to being no more than a glorified check list.

Btw, as far as I recall no poi on any map is exclusively locked behind story access. Some are just easier/more convenient to access through story.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > No point of interest should be locked behind an event/living story instance or anything. They should just make the PoI tick if you walk outside the wall of such places tbh.

> Map exploration is about exploration (it's in the name after all). Exploration includes both geography and life on said map (aka events). Bad enough so much of it has come down already to being no more than a glorified check list.

>

> Btw, as far as I recall no poi on any map is exclusively locked behind story access. Some are just easier/more convenient to access through story.

I agree entirely

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> If I recall the only event that would need to be done is the [first one](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_the_Mordrem_breachers,_and_secure_Southwatch) which can easily be done solo.

>

> There will be no access during the Challenges, Defend Tarir, and the cool down phases. All of these have set times and are easy to plan around.

Yup ... so it is accessible most of the time

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Kanok.3027" said:

> > > Need to do the events at South Watch. If it fails, you're not getting in. Keep trying.

> >

> > Can't you just Springer hop over the vine wall? I don't recall ever having a problem with any POI in AB; have more Gift of Tarirs than anyone has a right to have.

> >

> >

>

> Pretty sure this is the one where you have to do the events to make the overseer pop then go down into a cave via a tele thingy to fight him and get poi

and after the event you just walk in through the tunnel/cave entrance

Sadly no you can not fly, glide, etc. to get to this one, have to wait for the the event.

I was on the map for 1.5hrs, reading stuff on the net and checking back every 5min... the event did not pop and the cave was not open once during that time. I lucked it when I logged back on a few hours later and the cave was open.

I'm ok with doing events to get to places but imo that event should be occurring frequently..

> @"Angelweave.1856" said:

> Sadly no you can not fly, glide, etc. to get to this one, have to wait for the the event.

>

> I was on the map for 1.5hrs, reading stuff on the net and checking back every 5min... the event did not pop and the cave was not open once during that time. I lucked it when I logged back on a few hours later and the cave was open.

>

> I'm ok with doing events to get to places but imo that event should be occurring frequently..

Are you sure you were looking for the entrance to the poi in the right place? The [start](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_the_Mordrem_breachers,_and_secure_Southwatch "start") of that event chain sets off the moment the meta resets, and once Adanich is rescued the cave stays open until the meta changes into to the challenges. There are however two entrances to the cave, one that opens up on event completion and another that never opens.

I get this POI approaching with a mount from above. When landing towards ground floor from above you have to carefully land by the walls, because if you fall too fast you will trigger teleport out. Other than that I got this POI with mounts for most of my characters (10 or so)