HYDRA Dragon and Underwater content upcoming?

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > >

> > > Good way to kill the game.

> > >

> > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > >

> > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> >

> > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

>

> "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

>

> I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > > >

> > > > Good way to kill the game.

> > > >

> > > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > > >

> > > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> > >

> > > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

> >

> > "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

> >

> > I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

>

> Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

I think you misunderstand this, it's not that I'm not good at it; what's there to be good at? Or bad at, for that matter. You effectively float in 3D space, it's boring and simplistic. They have removed terrain, positioning and maneuvering from combat.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > > > >

> > > > > Good way to kill the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> > > >

> > > > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

> > >

> > > "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

> > >

> > > I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

> >

> > Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

>

> I think you misunderstand this, it's not that I'm not good at it; what's there to be good at? Or bad at, for that matter. You effectively float in 3D space, it's boring and simplistic. They have removed terrain, positioning and maneuvering from combat.

Spoken like someone who can't navigate 3d space while combating.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Good way to kill the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

> > > >

> > > > "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

> > > >

> > > > I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

> > >

> > > Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

> >

> > I think you misunderstand this, it's not that I'm not good at it; what's there to be good at? Or bad at, for that matter. You effectively float in 3D space, it's boring and simplistic. They have removed terrain, positioning and maneuvering from combat.

>

> Spoken like someone who can't navigate 3d space while combating.

Yeah, the real difficulty is in staying awake. :lol:

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Good way to kill the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

> > > > >

> > > > > "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

> > > > >

> > > > > I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

> > > >

> > > > Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

> > >

> > > I think you misunderstand this, it's not that I'm not good at it; what's there to be good at? Or bad at, for that matter. You effectively float in 3D space, it's boring and simplistic. They have removed terrain, positioning and maneuvering from combat.

> >

> > Spoken like someone who can't navigate 3d space while combating.

>

> Yeah, the real difficulty is in staying awake. :lol:

I'm sure combat pilots have had that problem too while being attacked from any and every direction.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Good way to kill the game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

> > > >

> > > > I think you misunderstand this, it's not that I'm not good at it; what's there to be good at? Or bad at, for that matter. You effectively float in 3D space, it's boring and simplistic. They have removed terrain, positioning and maneuvering from combat.

> > >

> > > Spoken like someone who can't navigate 3d space while combating.

> >

> > Yeah, the real difficulty is in staying awake. :lol:

>

> I'm sure combat pilots have had that problem too while being attacked from any and every direction.

Underwater combat in GW2 is nothing like being a combat pilot, on no level can you seriously think it is, if it actually is like being a combat pilot then I'm a fighter ace.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Good way to kill the game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think you misunderstand this, it's not that I'm not good at it; what's there to be good at? Or bad at, for that matter. You effectively float in 3D space, it's boring and simplistic. They have removed terrain, positioning and maneuvering from combat.

> > > >

> > > > Spoken like someone who can't navigate 3d space while combating.

> > >

> > > Yeah, the real difficulty is in staying awake. :lol:

> >

> > I'm sure combat pilots have had that problem too while being attacked from any and every direction.

>

> Underwater combat in GW2 is nothing like being a combat pilot, on no level can you seriously think it is, if it actually is like being a combat pilot then I'm a fighter ace.

Well if you are just fighting stationary mobs, obviously. If they developed better underwater mobs that could change.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Xykris.6758" said:

> > Personally, I would absolutely LOVE for the elder dragon of Water to be a hydra! It would be very interesting trying to take it down and I could see the final battle against it being a lane based that has each lane dealing with a different head!

>

>

> Dragon’s Stand, Dragonfall,... Dragon’s Depths? Dragon’s Demise?

Nah, after Dragon Stand and Dragonfall next we'd logically have Dragon Lie On The Ground For A Bit.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Thye implied S5 would not be as Dragon focused and that less world ending stories would come to give us a bit of break from the apocalypse

>

> The underwater dragon has been an upcoming theory for pretty much ever season and expac since HoT. I'm not convinced they will ever deliver it, but I'm def not expecting S5 to focus on it. If it does, poss a lead in later

Se5 could maybe build up to is, sort of like a se1 type of deal, even se2 for it being a battle with mordy at the time it was pretty tame in scope. I wouldnt say we had any real world ending battle in lw except maybe this past season.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"kratan.4619" said:

> > Hopefully a new zone that is all underwater.

>

> Considering how challenging it is to get a decent rebreather, and that many profession mechanics or utility skills perform poorly under water, or can't be used under water AT ALL, I doubt that is something they could do, not at least with the game in its present state.

Game did get a big update to its underwater content so i think largely these concerns arent as deal breaking as before.

What i think is deap breaking is sorta the lack of cool bellow water movement, above water we have 7 mount while bellow we have none.

Breathers dont really matter all that much anyways.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Good way to kill the game.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > To counter a post earlier _some_ people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not as long as you will wait for Anet to make you good at underwater combat. Enjoy crying about your boring jumping puzzles next season.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think you misunderstand this, it's not that I'm not good at it; what's there to be good at? Or bad at, for that matter. You effectively float in 3D space, it's boring and simplistic. They have removed terrain, positioning and maneuvering from combat.

> > > > >

> > > > > Spoken like someone who can't navigate 3d space while combating.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, the real difficulty is in staying awake. :lol:

> > >

> > > I'm sure combat pilots have had that problem too while being attacked from any and every direction.

> >

> > Underwater combat in GW2 is nothing like being a combat pilot, on no level can you seriously think it is, if it actually is like being a combat pilot then I'm a fighter ace.

>

> Well if you are just fighting stationary mobs, obviously. If they developed better underwater mobs that could change.

Well, that would be great, if they made it more interesting somehow (some kind of "strong current" mechanism and interesting mobs, for example) then I'd be happy to give it a shot for a map or two... I think an entire season would be far too much though.

They also have a lot of glitches and bugs to fix though (mobs that glitch through the walls, for example) and camera issues to resolve.