Salvage shiny weapons

I'm lucky enough to never auto-salvage rares since many of my characters keep rare versions of weapons they normally never equip. But even if I did, I found a good way to avoid the issue was to immediately make the ultra-shiny as soon as I had the shiny, meaning I waited to have enough essence to do both tiers before beginning.

Yeah, this is just a public service announcement. I got seriously burned by it, so I figure let others learn from my mistake.

I did open a ticket, because account-bound really-hard-to-get items simply shouldn't be available to salvage all. I imagine broken Caladbog could be accidentally salvaged, too. Or, there are probably others that fit the model.

It's interesting: I got this one from a drop from the djinn energy consumable. It's the only one (so far) in the Wiki's drop research page. So, the odds of getting it back are pretty low, especially given the event ends today. :(

I did like 60-65 bosses over the course of the event just to unlock all the skins. I opened all my djinn thingies as I went along and didn't get any weapons and only one essence. Though quite possibly my good luck with the nodes was just balanced out by my bad luck with the boxes . . .

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Oh, really! I got 3 of the Shiny Weapons from the Djinn Energy boxes. Thought they were probably somewhat common.

Wow. You got super lucky then. Out of 2000+ clusters, there have been a total of 6 shinies (5 regular, one ultra) recorded on the wiki

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Djinn_Energy_Cluster/Drop_rate

> Oh, really! I got 3 of the Shiny Weapons from the Djinn Energy boxes. Thought they were probably somewhat common.

You were extraordinarily lucky. I've only ever got common line drops and empyreal fragments. I rarely get any node other than azure either, so completing the weapons has been more difficult than I hoped

That's your luck for the year used up!

edit: bah thought I had a day left to finish the event

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Hope not, there wasn't anything especially amazing/cool about those weapons.

> On the contrary: unlock all 10, you get one of the best titles in the game: _Ultra Shiny_. (A lot cheaper route to being shiny than buying 9 aura-infusions and/or getting a legendary or two.)

>

Perhaps, but titles aren't weapons.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Hope not, there wasn't anything especially amazing/cool about those weapons.

> > On the contrary: unlock all 10, you get one of the best titles in the game: _Ultra Shiny_. (A lot cheaper route to being shiny than buying 9 aura-infusions and/or getting a legendary or two.)

> >

>

> Perhaps, but titles aren't weapons.

Hehe, I actually agree with both of you. Personally I didn't care for any of the shiny or ultra shiny weapons except for the shiny rifle. Loved the Ultra Shiny title though and it was the only reason I completed the collection. The alt who completed the set had been an Honorary Skritt but immediately became Ultra Shiny when it earned the title. :)

Well, in 2073 attempts recorded on the wiki, there were five shiny weapons and four ultras. But, that's probably just random chance. Still, I'm counting my blessings. :)

Edit: Oh, and two of those nine were mine.

> @"Doggie.3184" said:

> I accidentally salvaged mine with salvage all command and ended up sending a support ticket and they mailed it back to me.

Me, too. In fact, they mailed it about 10 minutes ago. I was very happy.

But, I also then deleted the stuff I got when I salvaged it. They didn't ask me to, but I figured it was only fair.