Can we get an attack on Lionsarch fractal?

A lot of the season 1 content got added through fractals. We have 2 aetherblade ones, 2 for the molten alliance and one for the toxic alliance. The grand finale of season 1 is unfortunally missing!

It also already has a nice structure from the original event.

1. Taking back parts of Lions Arch and saving citizens. This could be randomized so you either fight aetherblade, the molten alliance or the toxic alliance. There were also different civilian rescue events that could add different flavour.

2. Fight one of the three watch work knights.

3. Fight the hologram of scarlet on her ship.

It would also allow players to once again see old Lionsarch, which is often requested in the forum.

I’m not against it, I just don’t see the magnitude being captured in a way that does it justice. I mean the Tower of Nightmares is so different, it does nothing to tie into LS1. The other 4 are just direct ports of the original dungeon.

The Battle for LA was a multi episode arc which would be difficult to shrink down and remain interesting.

However, I’d like to see larger sized fractals which would be raids but more like fractal difficulties. This would allow them to up the scope and do things like this and Marionette

I personally would love to see this fight [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twisted_Marionette](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twisted_Marionette "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twisted_Marionette") be a fractal or mixed in some way with the one mentioned here. Loved it. Season 1 was great content wise. Off the top of my head there are three fractals that are somewhat linked to S1

Molten Boss, Captain Mai Trin , Nightmare were all taken from it. A Marionette and retaking LA would be amazing additions.

> @"Crystal Black.8190" said:

> A lot of the season 1 content got added through fractals. We have 2 aetherblade ones, 2 for the molten alliance and one for the toxic alliance. The grand finale of season 1 is unfortunally missing!

All four of those fractals were copied from instanced stories from LS1.

>

> 1. Taking back parts of Lions Arch and saving citizens. This could be randomized so you either fight aetherblade, the molten alliance or the toxic alliance. There were also different civilian rescue events that could add different flavour.

What made that epic was everyone working together. That would be absent from a fractal version.

If it's a set of mobs, then it's hardly different from Siren's Reef, which, you might have noticed, has triggered the ire of many fractalers.

> 2. Fight one of the three watch work knights.

Nightmare CM

> 3. Fight the hologram of scarlet on her ship.

This was also an epic fight made interesting by requiring the cooperation of scores of PUGs. I'm not against such a fight; I just don't think it would recapture what was awesome from the original.

> It would also allow players to once again see old Lionsarch, which is often requested in the forum.

The main problem is that ANet isn't able to just patch in the old assets of the old LA to fit it into a fractal.

I'm not at all against LA being the backdrop to a dungeon; I just don't think it's as easy as the OP implies.

I'm also not a fan of "nostalgia for nostalgia's sake." I'd rather see any theme|lore, as long as the combat is interesting. I think tying ANet down to recreating moments from previous stories isn't ideal for achieving that.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Sadly the battle for Lion's Arch is to keep your FPS above 20 while at the bank/crafting stations :(

>

Never seen anything so true recently :lol:

But somehow I have more than 20 (usually 40 depending on the time of the day. Evenings for example can be 30) and I don't have a high end machine with an RTX card like everyone else. Have you tried lowering settings?

For me, the only setting I have lowered/deactivated are player models (lowest), player model quality (lowest), shadows (mid) and reflections (off). Everything else works above 60 depending on how many players are on the map at a specific place or cetain areas.

And yes, I'd like the idea of a fractal "reliving" the Battle for LA allthough it would destroy the immersion of that content being special and that it should be something only players of the release should have experienced at first.