Missed Opportunity: Glider Skins for Shattered and Holographic Wings

I agree. I'm happy to see both the Holographic Wings and the Shattered version return, but I've been hoping for a glider version of them since HoT was announced and I think now Dragon Bash is returning it would be an ideal item to offer.

On a related note I'd love to see them offered in different colours in future years, because right now they only go with a few of my characters.

Every glider skin in the game is acquired through the gemstore. This would not be an exception. Also any back piece that has an associated glider with it is also only sold through the gemstore. So since it's been made clear that glider skins are only acquired through the gemstore, and there has never existed a back piece acquired through the game with an associated glider skin, I doubt they would be able to do this. It would have to be sold in the gemstore, and the people with the back piece would inevitably complain.

> @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> Every glider skin in the game is acquired through the gemstore. This would not be an exception. Also any back piece that has an associated glider with it is also only sold through the gemstore. So since it's been made clear that glider skins are only acquired through the gemstore, and there has never existed a back piece acquired through the game with an associated glider skin, I doubt they would be able to do this. It would have to be sold in the gemstore, and the people with the back piece would inevitably complain.

Ad Infinitum and Warbringer say Hi. You can get gliders in game in both Fractals and WvW. Would be nice to see glider versions of these wings.

Having wings with a glider skin is not going to break the bank if they are earned thorugh a Meta Achivement that can be done one a year.

> @"TDC.1627" said:

> > @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> > Every glider skin in the game is acquired through the gemstore. This would not be an exception. Also any back piece that has an associated glider with it is also only sold through the gemstore. So since it's been made clear that glider skins are only acquired through the gemstore, and there has never existed a back piece acquired through the game with an associated glider skin, I doubt they would be able to do this. It would have to be sold in the gemstore, and the people with the back piece would inevitably complain.

>

> Ad Infinitum and Warbringer say Hi. You can get gliders in game in both Fractals and WvW. Would be nice to see glider versions of these wings.

What @"sevenDEADLY.5281" wrote stands with the exception of **Legendary** gear.

Yes, three glider skins are actually available without using the gem store - all of them require **a lot** more work than festival meta achievements.

Warbringer requires 2800 Skirmish ticket, (that's a *minimum* of 8 weeks) and 4 Gifts of Battle. Ad Infinitum and The Ascension requires *multiple* collections. All three requies a Gift of Fortune, i.e. 77 Mystic Clovers and a stack each of t6 blood/totems/dust etc.

I would love more in-game available glider skins, but based on what they *have* made available - it is *highly* unlikely.

> @"TDC.1627" said:

> > @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> > Every glider skin in the game is acquired through the gemstore. This would not be an exception. Also any back piece that has an associated glider with it is also only sold through the gemstore. So since it's been made clear that glider skins are only acquired through the gemstore, and there has never existed a back piece acquired through the game with an associated glider skin, I doubt they would be able to do this. It would have to be sold in the gemstore, and the people with the back piece would inevitably complain.

>

> Ad Infinitum and Warbringer say Hi. You can get gliders in game in both Fractals and WvW. Would be nice to see glider versions of these wings.

>

> Having wings with a glider skin is not going to break the bank if they are earned thorugh a Meta Achivement that can be done one a year.

Just so I understand, your argument is that legendary backpieces are suddenly the same thing as two back pieces you can obtain in one day with about two hours worth of work? Your argument is extremely obtuse and good luck convincing ANet of it.

Hey All I am saying is that it is a missed opportunity to do something different. They released 2 winged backpeices with no matching glider skin. Consdiering that they are tied to a yearly festival I thought it would be a good idea to tie a glider skin to the winged backpiece.