Would you like to play Season 1 again?

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> What level did everyone start when LWS1 came out?

>

> Could the content be "toned down" in level, size of mobs, or AI reactions?

It began a couple of months after launch with the ill fated Karka invasion of LA. I can’t remember if it was level 80 but it was such a disaster it wouldn’t have mattered if we were all lvl 80. The rest was level 80 with open world scaled to the relevant map

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love her or hate her, Scarlet Briar I still say was one of the best villains in this game, the dragons seem like background characters by comparison (just my opinion). The open world living story content along with the instances vs Scarlet (I've never quite seen the same amount of unity of players vs one villain before or since). It really gave you the feeling of an all out war & all of the races struggling to survive against this 1 insurmountable threat that outsmarted everyone constantly at every turn (and kept taunting everyone in the process. Would absolutely love to go through some of that again). =)

I'm undecided about this. On the one hand, it annoys me that there's an unplayable gap in the story, and that most of the main characters were introduced in Season 1 so now they're just suddenly there without explanation from Season 2 onwards. And if they did add it back in somehow (presumably in a form more like the other Living World seasons), I would probably play it.

On the other hand, I did play some of Season 1 when it was new, and I thought it was really bad. Some of it was basically unplayable due to lag, and the rest was boring (I vaguely remember mending signposts or something?). The storyline felt to me like it was written by a completely different set of writers, who didn't actually know what happened in the personal story or much if the lore. Plus, judging by the movie on YouTube, most of the characters were not introduced properly anyway - they just sort of turned up out of nowhere, did whatever they were doing, and didn't even interact with the player character.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> ANet has said that would love to bring it back, they just can't see how without replacing just about all current plans for Living World, as it requires the same resources. Much of it was built using their older tools, so only some assets can be re-used. A lot of what made it epic for those playing at the time were the time-limited, open-world metas. They aren't all that different from the ones we see today (in fact, some of those are based on LS1 fights); the issue is that they'd have to be re-imagined to make them work with the current game.

>

> None of that is conceptually difficult. It's just that the resources required are already engaged in doing the same things for LS5 and whatever happens after.

>

> ****

> One of the biggest problems with implementing a repeatable LS1 is that it can't possibly live up to the hype. Part of what made LS1 thrilling was that it was part of a new game **and** that it was temporary content. Yes, the very thing that caused trouble (for both ANet and players) was the fact that we only had a few weeks to follow the story, participate in event chains, try for challenges|achievements, and (usually) spend whatever currency was available. Whether temp content is good for any game, whether it is (or was) good for GW2 is debatable. But there's no way that repeatable content can give the same vibrancy.

>

> So when we talk about bringing LS1 back, we have to acknowledge that the best ANet can do is to make the story available. They can't, in any meaningful sense, recreate the LS1 experience.

>

> I have nothing against bringing back "just the story," but practically speaking, it means slowing down the progress of LS #5 and whatever they have planned for after. And while many people would like to experience LS1 for the first time in any form, everyone interested in "the story" is also interested in new stories. (Even if _some_ might prefer LS1 over LS5.)

>

> ****

> I do think that ANet could and should spare some resources to offer a better recap within the game. There are, as we've seen, plenty of videos and in-game assets, that could be offered up by our intrepid storytelling NPC in LA. The current recap barely gives background to what Scarlet did. It doesn't really offer much in the way of learning how ~~Destiny's Edge II~~   ~~Fate's Razor ~~   ~~Dragonswatch~~   ~~Dragons Watch~~ Dragon's Watch came together.

>

>

>

Could turn into paid dlc.