The ultimate reward?

Right now i am working towards the third legendary trinket Coalescence. I cant help but wonder why each trinket is more work than a legendary weapon. Between the gold cost 1.5k, all the achievments, currencies and more. Will the final product of all 5 trinkets be gw2's ultimate reward since there is no other item that comes close to the work and gold put into it?

I like working towards things and can't wait to see the final product!

I suspect it's a simple question of keeping people busy. By now many of the game's veterans have saved up so many resources that even the new legendary trinkets could mostly be paid for from what (some) people had saved up. I'd guess that the question of how many resources people have lying around strongly influence how expensive the newer collections are. Your "ultimate" reward will most likely be nothing more than a unique look/aura you can't get any other way.

If you get all 5 Trinkets, a Legendary armor set, and All legendary weapons and back pieces, you ascend to the Mists, as all that power in one place would destroy Tyria. You then start the TRUE end game...... ~~wandering the mists in search of a conquest. And be driven mad like that angry dude in that one fractal, and just kind of become a dick about it. ~~

No wait...... you become a Fractal Boss and challenge random adventurers to fill the maddening void of immortal existence, eternal boredom, and perpetual frustration as your insatiable blood thirst, drive for genocide, and bottomless demand for progression goes unfulfilled for timeless periods.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> If you get all 5 Trinkets, a Legendary armor set, and All legendary weapons and back pieces, you ascend to the Mists, as all that power in one place would destroy Tyria. You then start the TRUE end game...... ~~wandering the mists in search of a conquest. And be driven mad like that angry dude in that one fractal, and just kind of become a kitten about it. ~~

>

>

> No wait...... you become a Fractal Boss and challenge random adventurers to fill the maddening void of immortal existence, eternal boredom, and perpetual frustration as your insatiable blood thirst, drive for genocide, and bottomless demand for progression goes unfulfilled for timeless periods.

But wait... that would mean PvP in PvE and the world would implode...

Its the Skritt mentality of I just gotta have all the shinies.

Doesnt matter how hard they are to make or get, or what they do or dont do , I just gotta have it because its there.

And the game companies know this , which is why they keep introducing more and more mega hard to get stuff, just so that the players will want it.

Nothing in this game will ever be the ultimate reward, because that then stops the race for more shinies.

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> Its the Skritt mentality of I just gotta have all the shinies.

We looked all the way beyond the stars... pretty stars. Shouldn't look so far... it looks back... but now we don't care. We collect our pretties. Shiny things... pretty. Many, many pretties... piled high, beyond the sky. [/Naljier Skal]

I'm assuming the final collection will look like the eternal alchemy. Or that will be the 4th step, and the fifth will be the magnificent King Joko himself. His head will just appear above yours and deliver a punchline mocking you or taking credit for your victory.

Come to think of it, that would have been a great backback gemstore item, like the little robot that talks when you jump or mine nodes or whatever.

Anyway. I like the idea of the eternal alchemy model, but I also just kind of like full body auras or armor enhancing auras. They're a lot easier to work with in terms of aesthetics, where as things like Aurora with overhead effects kind of look better as skill uses or effects. Guess we'll have to see what the end result looks like, but having each item give its own additional unique effect would be nice, especially considering the price to make them. Just altering one shared effect amongst all is kind of a bummer.

I'll probably never raid enough to get the ring and whatever else completed, and am in no hurry to finish the Vision.

I would have to assume the amulet will be last, as it's the highest stat item, and I hope it at least has its own unique effect outside of the floating orbs.