Rating dependant on other players

Lawton.4250

I am sick and tired of having my rating dragged down in sPVP by players who simply refuse to play in the rated games they signed up for. When will Anet let players earn rated pvp ranking based on individual performance to stop win trading and deliberate match manipulation by malicious players?

Every season you see the same names at the top of the leaderboards. Is this because they are super lucky and always get better team mates? Or is it because they are better than most players and win games despite having bad team mates? If you want to move up in rating you have to try and play better every single match. DON'T blame your team mates, you can't control your team mates, focus on what you can do better. Try to figure out why YOU lost and what YOU could have done better, if you think you played perfect then you're wrong.

As for "stop giving rewards for losing" this is probably the best idea I've ever heard for completly killing off spvp.

> @"Tapps.1479" said:

> Every season you see the same names at the top of the leaderboards. Is this because they are super lucky and always get better team mates? Or is it because they are better than most players and win games despite having bad team mates? If you want to move up in rating you have to try and play better every single match. DON'T blame your team mates, you can't control your team mates, focus on what you can do better. Try to figure out why YOU lost and what YOU could have done better, if you think you played perfect then you're wrong.

>

> As for "stop giving rewards for losing" this is probably the best idea I've ever heard for completly killing off spvp.

The same names are there because it's the same people exploiting broken things like DuoQ, the matchmaker, and the low population to buy their way there.

The OP is totally right imo. You actually hinder them slightly, by putting a bigger disconnect between buyer and paid thrower; because performance-based rewards punish throwers harder, making it more difficult for wintraders to get into games with eachother long-term, or at the very least, extends their queue time.

Adjusting rating based on performance is more healthy for a game anyway, especially in a low-pop competitive environment like ranked. I know some people are saying get rid of rewards for losing, but you could apply this to get more rewards for trying, and essentially get the same result. Reduced Wintrading and afking.

> @"Tapps.1479" said:

> Every season you see the same names at the top of the leaderboards. Is this because they are super lucky and always get better team mates? Or is it because they are better than most players and win games despite having bad team mates? If you want to move up in rating you have to try and play better every single match. DON'T blame your team mates, you can't control your team mates, focus on what you can do better. Try to figure out why YOU lost and what YOU could have done better, if you think you played perfect then you're wrong.

>

> As for "stop giving rewards for losing" this is probably the best idea I've ever heard for completly killing off spvp.

No its cus we match manipulate the hardest thats the conspiracy theorys LUL

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Tapps.1479" said:

> > Every season you see the same names at the top of the leaderboards. Is this because they are super lucky and always get better team mates? Or is it because they are better than most players and win games despite having bad team mates? If you want to move up in rating you have to try and play better every single match. DON'T blame your team mates, you can't control your team mates, focus on what you can do better. Try to figure out why YOU lost and what YOU could have done better, if you think you played perfect then you're wrong.

> >

> > As for "stop giving rewards for losing" this is probably the best idea I've ever heard for completly killing off spvp.

>

> No its cus we match manipulate the hardest thats the conspiracy theorys LUL

Ok we get it with the sarcasm, but you can't deny that the only time you get a challenge is when you run into another legend duo or in the later games of AT, but i also understand that it feels better to farm low ranks and have some control over the game then entering solo queue and about 70% of the games are like pissing against the wind while all the effort you put doesn't matter.

Also the idea about no pip rewards for loss is good it just needs to adjustments of the pips won per game or reduce the pips needed to get the rewards. The time needed to get it all will be the same since now its balanced around x number of matches needed to reach the Byzantium at 50% win rate, with the change you will get per win the amount for a win + the amount for a loss.

This comes with the issue that the self defeatists will still want to ditch the game and afk for the next one where they want to be carried. So a kick system will be needed, where one team decides to kick someone and the other team that they are playing against decides to agree to that. Problem with that is that someone will find a way to cheat with it.

There is also the problem with the population, cause circle quest is too complex and even boring to a lot of people. People just want to beat the shit out of each other in pvp, it can be noticed when people tunnel vision and let the caps go and fight over one, the fight is just fun. Big part of the community that never enters pvp would probably pop in some short arenas, since the 10 to 15 minute conquest games are just hard to put up with while doing something else, a 4 to7 minute game while waiting for something would not. Giving the people a taste (the drug dealer tactics,lol) with the best part of pvp the fights. Also getting into conquest is pretty hard, since the amount of knowledge needed to win a game is steep, and not having the complexities would probably ease in people int the mode. First you learn to walk and fight then you learn how to circle quest.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> Stop giving rewards for losing

This is the only real solution. As long as they try to make pvp 'rewarding for your time' instead of 'rewarding when you do well', no changes will ever stop this. The guy afking for 8 mins until the game is over gets the same rewards as the guy that plays a great game and nearly gets over the line in a 500-498 point game. There is no way to reward the one and not the other, all that can be done is to reward neither.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > @"Tapps.1479" said:

> > > Every season you see the same names at the top of the leaderboards. Is this because they are super lucky and always get better team mates? Or is it because they are better than most players and win games despite having bad team mates? If you want to move up in rating you have to try and play better every single match. DON'T blame your team mates, you can't control your team mates, focus on what you can do better. Try to figure out why YOU lost and what YOU could have done better, if you think you played perfect then you're wrong.

> > >

> > > As for "stop giving rewards for losing" this is probably the best idea I've ever heard for completly killing off spvp.

> >

> > No its cus we match manipulate the hardest thats the conspiracy theorys LUL

> Ok we get it with the sarcasm, but you can't deny that the only time you get a challenge is when you run into another legend duo or in the later games of AT, but i also understand that it feels better to farm low ranks and have some control over the game then entering solo queue and about 70% of the games are like pissing against the wind while all the effort you put doesn't matter.

> Also the idea about no pip rewards for loss is good it just needs to adjustments of the pips won per game or reduce the pips needed to get the rewards. The time needed to get it all will be the same since now its balanced around x number of matches needed to reach the Byzantium at 50% win rate, with the change you will get per win the amount for a win + the amount for a loss.

> This comes with the issue that the self defeatists will still want to ditch the game and afk for the next one where they want to be carried. So a kick system will be needed, where one team decides to kick someone and the other team that they are playing against decides to agree to that. Problem with that is that someone will find a way to cheat with it.

> There is also the problem with the population, cause circle quest is too complex and even boring to a lot of people. People just want to beat the kitten out of each other in pvp, it can be noticed when people tunnel vision and let the caps go and fight over one, the fight is just fun. Big part of the community that never enters pvp would probably pop in some short arenas, since the 10 to 15 minute conquest games are just hard to put up with while doing something else, a 4 to7 minute game while waiting for something would not. Giving the people a taste (the drug dealer tactics,lol) with the best part of pvp the fights. Also getting into conquest is pretty hard, since the amount of knowledge needed to win a game is steep, and not having the complexities would probably ease in people int the mode. First you learn to walk and fight then you learn how to circle quest.

>

I mean i stream most of my games anyone can q snipe me so idk LUL

> @"Tapps.1479" said:

>

also the best idea. to clearly see how many people actually play it for PvP and not for loot. best idea ever. stop givin rewards for losing. then we'll see the true face of gw2 pvp community and pve guys that just want some rewards and screw up matches for pvpers.

Population Low as Fuck.

Add a new Rating System that isn't so easy to abuse/ Camp rating. Remove Rewards given for players that are there just to play regardless if they win or lose, Add roles to the Q. Makes 0 sense to have 2 of the same spec in almost every game during rank match ups. 0 Need for double scrapper, Double Necro, Double Fb or Double Rev. Limit it 1 per team when match making it and if players want to swap then give them the option.

Remove Core Classes from Rank a majority of the time these are players JUST throwing games for the others. It's a major disadvantage for the team stuck with the core spec..... Stop giving handicap match ups before the game even starts.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Tapps.1479" said:

> > Every season you see the same names at the top of the leaderboards. Is this because they are super lucky and always get better team mates? Or is it because they are better than most players and win games despite having bad team mates? If you want to move up in rating you have to try and play better every single match. DON'T blame your team mates, you can't control your team mates, focus on what you can do better. Try to figure out why YOU lost and what YOU could have done better, if you think you played perfect then you're wrong.

> >

> > As for "stop giving rewards for losing" this is probably the best idea I've ever heard for completly killing off spvp.

>

Youre on EU right? Because this is mostly NA problems.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Tapps.1479" said:

> >

>

I'm seriously getting tired of all these threads about match manipulation. You'd think that every other game had someone doing match manipulation based on the number of threads this topic gets. Yet out of the hundreds of matches I've played, I could probably count the number of times I've seen obvious match manipulation on one hand. What I see a lot of is people thinking every bad player must be a bot. Or that every player going dc is a bot or doing match manipulation. Or that a player with a high rating occasionally doing poorly in a match must be win trading.

The people that make these threads need to realize that even if all the match manipulation was removed from the game (what little exists anyway), their rating wouldn't change at all. Because the biggest factor in their shitty rating is their shitty skills.

> @"Tapps.1479" said:

>

That's all well and good, but when you constantly have teammates that want to run far all the time, regardless of the current situation, who never want to fight ON the point, who like to run around and 1v1 whoever they see, wherever they see them, and worst yet, people who never leave the spawn area or who simply run out to a point, don't use any skills, die, respawn, rinse ... repeat, it doesn't *#&%ing matter how good you are. You will lose. I have no illusions that I should be at the top of the leaderboard (and if I were, surely I wouldn't have to deal with people like I just described, because they wouldn't be in those matches). I am about a Gold division level player. I'm fine with that. But I keep getting people on my team who have literally never played PvP before in their entire lives, or who aren't there to actually play, in about 50% or so of my matches. Things didn't used to be this bad. Several league seasons ago, in fact, it was almost perfect. I can't help but to think that the crash of league play following the mass layoff of people at ANet is not a coincidence.

Im the top scorer or second in every team I'm in. its just not fair te be carried to hell with throwers or bad players. Rating by skills or accomplishments is really doable and dont know why anted does not implement it:

Bases captured, enemies killed, mates resurrected. And of coure the less times you die the best rating you get. im tired of people who die like rates in total team wipe except me....

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> I mean i stream most of my games anyone can q snipe me so idk LUL

Being in the top of the ladder is matching many things : being good, play in duoQ, play at certain hours, not playing too much matches in a row...

Let's stream us, Bluri, a full soloQ of 20-30 matches in a row, a sunday of holiday at 16h and starting from gold 1.

You will climb rank, but we all know how stupid/trololo-yo-yo it will be. And you know it too.

So please, stop being ironic a bit. People here don't say that top ladder players are not good. They say that the conquest game mode with its duoQ system is not soloQ friendly, for everyone, good players too. The current ranked mode is an aberration, in the way of competition (ranked mode).

> @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > I mean i stream most of my games anyone can q snipe me so idk LUL

>

> Being in the top of the ladder is matching many things : being good, play in duoQ, play at certain hours, not playing too much matches in a row...

>

> Let's stream us, Bluri, a full soloQ of 20-30 matches in a row, a sunday of holiday at 16h and starting from gold 1.

>

> You will climb rank, but we all know how stupid/trololo-yo-yo it will be. And you know it too.

>

> So please, stop being ironic a bit. People here don't say that top ladder players are not good. They say that the conquest game mode with its duoQ system is not soloQ friendly, for everyone, good players too. The current ranked mode is an aberration, in the way of competition (ranked mode).

This is very true. I doubt that anyone seriously suggests that the players in the upper tiers cannot play, however, as you rightly pointed out it's just as much about with whom and when they play (and especially how they handle the queue).

Regular solo-queuing during prime-time/weekends/etc. puts anyone at a potential disadvantage, including "top-players". Those I see during those times once in a while are just as affected by bad team-mates, afk-ing, "dcs" and so on. Contrary to popular belief, they do not carry the whole team while being at such a disadvantage. So perhaps it's simply that around gold/low-plat these situations are more common, while in higher plat you have potentially more tryhards and as such "better" matches (as in all 10 players actually play the game - in such a case, a "top player" is more likely to have an actual impact).

That being said, the complete denial of match manipulation by the top ranks is absolutely hilarious. It's all conspiracy theories and jealously, right? I would think that past bans and adjustments to the sPvP season system say otherwise. Say hi to your Paypal accounts from me while you guys are at it patting each others backs over whatever you think is left of leaderboard "prestige" in this game.

> @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > I mean i stream most of my games anyone can q snipe me so idk LUL

>

> Let's stream us, Bluri, a full soloQ of 20-30 matches in a row, a sunday of holiday at 16h and starting from gold 1.

But why? I mean, what is this supposed to show?

I can almost only play on weekends since about half a year (full time job now) and even I have managed to climb from gold2 to plat2 as thief within 2 afternoons (friday and saturday). I could even show you screenshots of 10+ win streaks and such. Unfortunately I think I'm not good enough to get higher than plat2 but that's not the point.

Again, I don't really know what this challenge should prove or disprove.

Because if you already know that sunday or holiday at 4pm is kitten then don't queue in ranked at this time. Simple as that honestly.

I mean I know those times are pretty shit and I won't deny that obviously (that's why I deranked from plat2 to gold2 in the first place last season lol..) but since I don't queue in ranked at those times anymore I can comfortably sit in plat again. And I only play solo btw, veeeeery occasionally (like once in a season at the most) do I duo-Q.

I also don't wintrade or swap classes after match start or all those other funny conspiracy actions apparently everyone's doing to manipulate the match maker or exploit duo Q or something.

I also really don't see the hate against duo Q'ers. I mean.. if you can't beat it, join it. Rather than Q_Q about how unfair it is. Nothing is preventing anyone from lfg or posting on the forums (I mean there's a dedicated thread for lf pvp players here) to find a duo-Q partner or maybe even several. During ATs you also get to know a few good people, maybe you'll get to know each other and duo Q and stuff.

I mean I'd prefer to have a separate team-Q but we won't get it unless the population can sustain two queues (which won't happen) so we got to work with what we have/can get I guess.

> @"DoomNexus.5324" said: since I don't queue in ranked at those times anymore I can comfortably sit in plat again.

No need so many lines, just this means that you agree with the op's opinion : rating depend (more or less) from others.

And I add my own personnal opinion (again) : it's completly absurd to keep a competitive mode, with individual ranks, made to work for full teamQ, with a bastard system of solo/duoQ.

I personally don't care about it since i just play for fun. But it's unfair for all those soloQ no strategists players who do pvp with a competitive spirit.