Dear anet can we please have a loot to mail option?

This is becoming increasingly aggravating esp in Dragonfall, when your squad is doing the achieves to kill champs, or if you are doing something outside of killing kralk meta. You kill the ley branded hydra or w/e and right as you go to loot the mist coffers the map resets. Now you lost 3 mist coffers and any loot that was in them. Why cant we have loot to mail like other games? Where if you die or a map resets it sends the loot to your mailbox instead of losing it. This is most frustrating in dragonfall because it resets so much and interferes with everything esle. Its not nice and wasnt thought out because people are losing out on looting the coffers. Other games put the stuff you won in your mail if something happened and you couldnt loot. Please think about this, because its not the players faults its how you designed this map.

> Other games put the stuff you won in your mail

We don't "win" the stuff in the coffers until they have been opened; that's part of the point of a key system. As long as one is not defeated, all loot automatically goes to inventory, if in range of where it drops, assuming the auto-looting mastery is enabled.

If I were asking for a change, I'd want to channeling for the mist chests to be faster, rather than have the contents of a measly 3 chests mailed to me.

Besides which: there's enough time to kill all the bosses and loot them and sometimes do some mapping. And there's a clear count-down indicating how much time is left, so personally, I assume that we might not finish the last boss, let alone get to loot it.

> @"Schimmi.6872" said:

> If it wasn't changed since I did dragonfall the last time, you can open the coffers after the reset too, as they only despawn after a given time and not with the map reset.

No you couldnt i went back after the reset and they were gone, so all my squad was saying the same that the reset made them despawn

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Other games put the stuff you won in your mail

> We don't "win" the stuff in the coffers until they have been opened; that's part of the point of a key system. As long as one is not defeated, all loot automatically goes to inventory, if in range of where it drops, assuming the auto-looting mastery is enabled.

> If I were asking for a change, I'd want to channeling for the mist chests to be faster, rather than have the contents of a measly 3 chests mailed to me.

>

> Besides which: there's enough time to kill all the bosses and loot them and sometimes do some mapping. And there's a clear count-down indicating how much time is left, so personally, I assume that we might not finish the last boss, let alone get to loot it.

You obviously didnt get what im saying, i was in a squad killing champs in melandru the meta was going on i guess at the same time. We just killed the champ hydra at the exact second it dies and the chests popped up we get ported back to base camp. And the map reset, we all went back no chests. Thats not even right that we dont get to loot the chests we just killed a champ for?

> @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> You obviously didnt get what im saying, i was in a squad killing champs in melandru the meta was going on i guess at the same time. We just killed the champ hydra at the exact second it dies and the chests popped up we get ported back to base camp. And the map reset, we all went back no chests. Thats not even right that we dont get to loot the chests we just killed a champ for?

I did get what you were saying and I disagreed. The meta & post meta timing is indicated in the countdown in the upper right. Post-event mist chests aren't "winnings" -- those are the drops from the bosses, which you do get instantly. The loot inside the chests is a bonus, requiring a key.

Plus, that still doesn't take that long, so the circumstances of which you write are very, very narrow: there must be additional looting options, they must take more than 1-2s to loot, there must be a reset timer, and the boss that generates said loot has to die so soon before the reset that there's insufficient time. It's happened to me (and it's annoying); it just happens so rarely that I chalk it up to being too slow.

I'm not against ANet changing it, I just disagree that it's a problem important enough for them to prioritize.

As I said above: I'd be glad if they reduced the channeling time it takes to open them because it would reduce the likelihood that post-event mobs can disrupt opening

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> Maybe instead of questioning how loot gets to you, question why the map "needs" to reset so quickly, or reset at all.

Or do it like Silverwastes where when the meta resets it only affects things directly involved like the forts, the Vinewrath area and the labyrinth and anything else keeps going.

> @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > @"Schimmi.6872" said:

> > If it wasn't changed since I did dragonfall the last time, you can open the coffers after the reset too, as they only despawn after a given time and not with the map reset.

>

> No you couldnt i went back after the reset and they were gone, so all my squad was saying the same that the reset made them despawn

You are right, sorry, just saw it myself. Seems it was changed with one of the last updates, as I'm sure they weren't removed by the reset back then.