More than two months since end of LS4 and not a single teaser about LS5.

Keep in mind the end of Season 4 was, at one time, the end of the story content as per an interview with developers (sorry I can't remember who). In the interview, the developer stated they were not sure that they would have a Season 5, so they wanted to wrap up the story in a satisfying way. Whether you think they succeeded or not, they certainly wrote the season as a final chapter. Finally (my guess would have been shortly after the layoffs), they determined they would DEFINITELY have a Season 5 (I think it was never set in stone before that), so it's now time to determine the path. Given that perspective, you can easily understand why the last episode ended the way it did.

As for the OP, I would echo another suggestion to possibly play a different game until the content you want comes out. ANet doesn't seem to stick to a schedule regardless of impacting factors and have flat-out stated they won't rush content, so be prepared to wait or return later if you're not interested in the festivals/special events.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> Jokes aside, guy is right. When previous living world seasons ended (well excluding 1st one) they ended with trailer for an xpac. Ok, not getting xpac, but a trailer for s5 at end of S4 woulld curb the questions and doubts...

From season 1 on, everything was a constant story. Everything was back to back, and the way each story ended was a clear teaser to the next chapter.

This is the first time since then that we've had a story that wasn't a cliffhanger.

They have us teaser during an AMA, where they said s5 would focus on open ends and background noise. Probably setting the stage for the next big threat.

So until then, anything is possible.

But i strongly disagree with OP.

We're barely overtime in the regular schedule cadence, let alone a cadence that doesn't hold water between seasons.

i dont care about cadence, since its means more quality content,

ask to content producers run to deliver something every 2 months, is to ask for a drop in quality, or at least just bring more of the same.

Remember kourna, the content was rushed because it was delayed, probably delayed because of the new mount (the bettle).

they need a new model, the LS model(new map+new story+something "shiny" sometimes like a mount) is getting worn out, becoming "more of the same".. It's time for them to relax and work on something new, .... personally, I could wait 6 months.

well if they can bring a episode tomorrow, whats new about it? new mount to grind? new shinies? thanks no.

so pls Anet dont rush things, be creative.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > And what about those skyscale rift cheeves . . ?

>

> They were bugged so Anet removed them instead of fixing them. We likely won’t see them again.

Yeah they removed the cheeves but not the rifts, so I'm going to keep asking about them bc it makes me happy :)

Hmmm. New legendary trinket, new raid, new festival.. yeah you’re right, where IS that content?

In any case next content drop will be festival of the four winds (yesss my favorite festival), and then the release after that will surely be the beginning of the new season

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> I call at least 2 more months before next season ... I'm not sure we will have it that early to be honest . A new season for me means a bigger time gap in between.

>

> We can maybe expect a new feature pack? such as build templates already? ahaha or a new UI rework. A man can dream.

Summer event rotation is next in line.. so yeah we got a few months of waiting yet I think.

As for getting teasers.. do we normally get teasers right after each ls chapter, cant seem to recall, though yeah after an expac we did.. but we all know the answer to that conundrum.

The more we wait the better the content. I dont want them to rush, just because some people here are unable to behave like adults and wait..

Its not 2-3 months between episodes anymore.

You have to wait 1-2 years for another expansion ( if thats what they want)

Balance patch and world boss rush tomorrow.

There will be festival of the four winds after that (possibly)

After that i guess we will recieve info on the new living season.

Its summer, its holiday season. So not everyone is available. My guess is also another 1- 2 months till ls5.

Im gonna sit back and relax..

Both expos launched in September-October. LS5 replaces expos (for now at least), and its nowhere close to September yet.

Also didn't they say they're returning to partial meta-updates every 2-3 weeks? I don't remember where, but I recall that they wanted to return Living World more to what it was like in LS1 with regards to development, and more in sequence with festivals.

Something like that, at least.

> @"Kelian Ravenwood.4130" said:

> Keep in mind the end of Season 4 was, at one time, the end of the story content as per an interview with developers (sorry I can't remember who). In the interview, the developer stated they were not sure that they would have a Season 5, so they wanted to wrap up the story in a satisfying way. Whether you think they succeeded or not, they certainly wrote the season as a final chapter. Finally (my guess would have been shortly after the layoffs), they determined they would DEFINITELY have a Season 5 (I think it was never set in stone before that), so it's now time to determine the path. Given that perspective, you can easily understand why the last episode ended the way it did.

They said there will be season 5 (and that there won't be an expac between season 4 and 5) a year ago. That was half a year before layoffs, and before development on LS4 ep6 started. And as for the interview you speak of, i'd really want to see a source, because i'm 100% sure that if something like that really happened, the whole forum would have been full of posts about the game dying. I mean, devs saying we won't see expac anytime soon, won't see it before LS5, and it's not sure we'll even see LS5 at all would have been a pretty good reason to panic.

> @"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:

> They did say that due to the layoffs in that time the next episode would take al ittle bit more than usual.

That was about episode 6 of the LS 4. And it was indeed late.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> As for getting teasers.. do we normally get teasers right after each ls chapter

Each LS chapter? No. Each LS season? Yes.

Up until now.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Also didn't they say they're returning to partial meta-updates every 2-3 weeks?

No.

> I don't remember where, but I recall that they wanted to return Living World more to what it was like in LS1 with regards to development, and more in sequence with festivals.

That was about LS not having a set content (like, for example, a new map), not about schedule. They commented on LS1 schedule before, and they said it was unsustainable and resulted in poor quality work.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > As for getting teasers.. do we normally get teasers right after each ls chapter

> Each LS chapter? No. Each LS season? Yes.

> Up until now.

>

In all fairness, this is the first season with a full wrapping. No cliffhanger, or fleeing villain, or chaotic event.

So they essentially have a clean slate for S5 now.

> @"Naxos.2503" said:

> I think that was intended to be episode 4, since I recall the devs announcing they'd skip the expac to go straight into living world season 5 rather early, maybe that's what they meant ? As in, they'd be working on season 5 directly after season 4, and they announced it after episode 4. To me that doesn't necessarily mean they have a plan for how to bring it to fruition though, One can work on something without a clear direction, such as the early stages of creative thinking where you throw ideas in, and see what sticks. Usually, sequel hooks are what they use to state that the direction they're going for is decided in advance (such advance that it is included in the previous story).

>

> The absence of it in the last episode and throughout the storyline is what makes me think they have been delayed in establishing the follow-up. As I said, the full season was essentially only a closure, and did not hint at what comes next, which is very uncommon for their releases. It might make the implementation of the next storyline a little bit clumsy, or a little more drawn out if done correctly : Instead of starting to build the plotline from the end of the previous arc, the build up would begin slowly at the start of the new one. It's fine either way, it's just very different from before

They pipeline releases at ANet, so work on each episode usually starts around a year prior to release. Owing to the number of teams they have (I think it's still 3) the work on LS5 episode 1 would have commenced late last year - indeed, it was announced that there would be a season 5 following on from season 4 at around the same time. They would have passed the concept stage a long time ago; the story for S4E6 was finalised early last year, for example.

I'd suggest viewing the Guild Chat episode related to the LS4E6 story, as there are actually quite a few hints toward the upcoming story.

I'm partially with the OP on this. The Dragon Bash turned out to be a great disappointment (for me, at least), and repeating the World Boss Rush, which is hardly content per se, isn't particularly satisfying, either. However, I am not expecting any news regarding LWS 5 until after the upcoming Festival of the Four Winds.