Which weapon you want next?

EdwinLi.1284

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ves.8236 said:

> Yea! Bow or Shortbow would be great! But it would be even better if we could get Crossbow! Just imagine that! Crossbow made by Charr Engineer that can shot many arrows before reloading. It could be something like semi-automatic Crossbow (remember Van Helsing? ;))

>

> They could make it into another kit in order to not add additional weapon to the game, since they mentioned it's really expensive or something.

> (I know, another kit... but Crossbows are kitten >D)

Should not be a surprise Mace is in high demand. People have been asking for a Mace Elite Spec for years even back in Core Tyria Era of GW2 life.

Though Staff popularity seem to have picked up as well due to recent developments with PoF elite specs and the Barrier system's introduction which would suite Engineer a lot for a Elite Spec that specializes in barriers making them defensive or offensive due to tech modifications to their tools for creating Barriers.

> @"Sol VIII.6812" said:

> Maybe a mace, but using it like a Tesla Coil, wielding the power of lightning?

Hrrrmn. I'd probably go with a scepter for that approach - that leaves mace open to be used as a melee weapon for the future, and there are some fairly technological scepters (the Aetherized Scepter basically IS a hand-held tesla coil, although they're probably expensive as all heck nowadays... but if an engineer elite spec was to use scepter, they'd get an appropriate scepter model). I guess maces do have the advantage that they mostly have a bulbous end that could hide something technological, which isn't the case for all scepters, but I think scepter would work for what you have in mind.

Or staff, to get a wider range of skills. Depends on whether you want to pair it with shield/pistol or have a full set of new skills, I guess.

Said it in the poll thread about new elites- Rifle and a better fleshing out of our current traitings. Say for a start- the application of Skilled Marksman from Firearms line talents to the Elixir Gun and lowering the application reuse timer on Incendiary Powder to five seconds rather than the current ten. We don't necessarily need new weapons on Engineer. Rather we need what we have to be made to work better before being given something some other profession has, and then only afterward to find that, as with rifle, it's a third or even fourth rate version because- well.... 'It's for Engineers.'

Playing Engineer right now should qualify as an in-game hate crime against yourself. Upon having unequipped a kit a Black Lion guard should drive up on a Charr-cycle and ask you, 'Excuse me, sir/ma'am but are you the owner of that Rifle(or main hand pistol now we're at it)?' Following that, whatever kit you'd used prior should be immediately re-equipped and a static discharge should then be inflicted upon your character. The damage should be scaled higher for every second below ten that you attempt to re-equip the rifle/pistol. A second attempt should result in a verbal warning from the Black Lion guard before a stronger subsequent shock which forces you to respawn at a random waypoint somewhere in the world. Why? Shooting while Engineer.

> @Adamantium.3682 said:

> I'm... Very confused. So the next elite spec should give a better rifle making the core rifle obsolete? Instead of just making the core rifle better?

Confused is an Engineer's natural state. But don't worry. Saying, 'Make core rifle obsolete.' is a double negative. Which is why it won't happen. All we get are double positives, things which start out good to middling and then get 'improved' into uselessness.