Boss Rush: Thoughts, Issues..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Must be my lucky week; last night I got a Monocle.

> I guess one never knows what might spill out of the Bonus Boxes.

My wife, with 600hrs of play on her account, scored an Invisible Boot box off her first bonus chest, from the firs boss kill she has done in this event....So yeah, they do drop apparently :wink:

For me, I'm rather bored with it because there is so much downtime between boss fights. The loot rewards are fine, I just remember having more fun with the meta event - less time standing around, waiting for the boss to spawn.

Did you use the Waypoint by clicking on the map, or did you use the World Boss Waypoint Portal item? The item would definitely move you to a new shard.

It is also technically possible that the map shard was closed during the fight (affecting everyone there and not just the OP) and it just so happened to coincide with your use of the Waypoint.

> @"Evon Skyfyre.9673" said:

> Random is a concept, when code is written to emulate a random event it is no longer random. QED :) ya'll have fun, I'm out.

While technically true, that's unimportant for the purposes of technology and, in particular for your original point, for gaming.

Randomness can be measured. To the extent that we can measure it, we cannot see a difference between "true randomness" and "mechanically generated randomness" as produced by software. And that's been true for decades.

You've made a number of claims, without providing any evidence for them.

>! > @"Evon Skyfyre.9673" said:

>! > Keep in mind those posting represent a very small sample of players, most play the game and go about their life never even visiting here. Same holds with in game conversations, many do not join map chat as they just aren't interested. If you read what I wrote here i said a growing thought.

>! Even claiming it's a "growing thought" requires evidence. Are there more people publicly stating a belief that ANet actively manipulates random drops on a daily or weekly basis? If so, there would be some numbers for how many professed it last year vs this year.

>!

>! > I reported what i have heard many times in game. Make of it what you will.

>! I have: it is an extraordinary claim without any evidence.

>!

>! > Now, I have been around message boards since the 90's. And before the internet, fido net etc. I will not be drawn into meaningless arguements,

>! So you're saying it's okay to make a claim and then take no responsibility for its accuracy?

>!

>! > I have had my say, Posted why i think as I do, and offered a link to a very reputable source.

>! Again, you seem to have misunderstood the concept. The difference between "true RNG" and "mechanically simulated RNG" (sometimes called "pseudo RNG") can't be measured at the level with which it takes place in software like Excel, which makes the distinction unimportant for gaming.

>!

>! And in particular, you haven't offered evidence that active RNG alteration takes place in _this game_.

>!

>! > Unless you have more compelling info to support your assertions

>! Again, I'm not asserting anything more than you have made claims without backing them up. As the proponent of the assertions that started this, it's up to you to provide the evidence.

>!

>! > we're better served leaving this end.

>! > That said, no harm no foul,

>! I think we're better served by acknowledging there's a difference between theories offered because "someone said something on the internet" and evidence-based claims. I think harm can be done by insisting that an unsupported claim is true.

>!

> enjoy your time in game.

You too.

> Thought occurs, when we map in to join the event, the system will move us to a new instance if load requires it no? If so mapping from Hoelbrak to there or from nearby, the wp wouldn't know the difference unless we are tagged somehow?

When you waypoint to a map yes, it might put you in a new instance if the map is full. If you waypoint from within a map you will stay on the same map and nothing will put you on another map, that's how the game has been since overflows were removed.

I like the extra loot (though it tanked the T5 mats, which I was in the middle of selling), but...holy _crap_ does the mob mentality really come out during these events. I'm not easily offended, but some of the downright obscene things mentioned in map/say chat (which I've been forced to turn off) have me offended for other people.

> @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> I like the extra loot (though it tanked the T5 mats, which I was in the middle of selling), but...holy _crap_ does the mob mentality really come out during these events. I'm not easily offended, but some of the downright obscene things mentioned in map/say chat (which I've been forced to turn off) have me offended for other people.

Agreed. A bunch were verbally having sexual relations in very gross detail, racial slurs, and worse. It was truly sickening.

> > @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> > I like the extra loot (though it tanked the T5 mats, which I was in the middle of selling), but...holy _crap_ does the mob mentality really come out during these events. I'm not easily offended, but some of the downright obscene things mentioned in map/say chat (which I've been forced to turn off) have me offended for other people.

>

> Agreed. A bunch were verbally having sexual relations in very gross detail, racial slurs, and worse. It was truly sickening.

Report function exists. Root them out while you can.

I do not care for the event. The drops are just materials I can get by just playing the game which is FAR more fun then standing around waiting for a monster to show up. I tried it for a while but it was wait around for a half hour fight a monster for 2 minutes then go to the next one and do the same thing. BORING!

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Evon Skyfyre.9673" said:

> > > @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> > > I like the extra loot (though it tanked the T5 mats, which I was in the middle of selling), but...holy _crap_ does the mob mentality really come out during these events. I'm not easily offended, but some of the downright obscene things mentioned in map/say chat (which I've been forced to turn off) have me offended for other people.

> >

> > Agreed. A bunch were verbally having sexual relations in very gross detail, racial slurs, and worse. It was truly sickening.

>

> Report function exists. Root them out while you can.

the majority of us did, we speculate such emails go in the cyber trash can. As long as they have a potential to spend money, nothing happens.

>wp'ing to revive and run back can bring you to another instance of that area

Never seen that happening.

> > @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> > I like the extra loot (though it tanked the T5 mats, which I was in the middle of selling), but...holy _crap_ does the mob mentality really come out during these events. I'm not easily offended, but some of the downright obscene things mentioned in map/say chat (which I've been forced to turn off) have me offended for other people.

>

> Agreed. A bunch were verbally having sexual relations in very gross detail, racial slurs, and worse. It was truly sickening.

It's baffling how some people would rather feel "oh so offended" than use a mute function that exists in the game.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> It's baffling how some people would rather feel "oh so offended" than use a mute function that exists in the game.

It's baffling how some people feel the need to converse about such topics in the first place, IMO. But, yeah, block, report and move on.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

>

> > It's baffling how some people would rather feel "oh so offended" than use a mute function that exists in the game.

>

> It's baffling how some people feel the need to converse about such topics in the first place, IMO. But, yeah, block, report and move on.

Is it? I'm not the one to spam the chat with that crap, but why would I care what people have fun talking about in a game where I can easly ignore them?

That said, "racial slurs" easly reportable. Not that I think it does anything.

I've done the Golem MKII many hundreds of times. Even solo'ed it once back in 2013 at like 3 am. That electricity covering the floor is almost an insta-kill for many of us. Every single time it got me, I waypointed and ran back, without issue, and collected my reward.

But, I have had that happen to me at Teq a few times until they made some changes a couple years ago.

Have you tried to repeat this?

I suspect something strange happened that will likely never happen again. Maybe give it another try?

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> >

> > > It's baffling how some people would rather feel "oh so offended" than use a mute function that exists in the game.

> >

> > It's baffling how some people feel the need to converse about such topics in the first place, IMO. But, yeah, block, report and move on.

>

> Is it? I'm not the one to spam the chat with that kitten, but why would I care what people have fun talking about in a game where I can easly ignore them?

> That said, "racial slurs" easly reportable. Not that I think it does anything.

Because we don't need to listen to it, they have the problem, compulsion, need for attention (pick one) and should be mature enough to take it to a private chat. Start a squad and say whatever in squad chat. They do it to annoy people, plain and simple. No excuse just down right sad. Kids play this game, they should be able to enjoy the game with out such talk infecting them.

> @"Tumult.2578" said:

> I've done the Golem MKII many hundreds of times. Even solo'ed it once back in 2013 at like 3 am. That electricity covering the floor is almost an insta-kill for many of us. Every single time it got me, I waypointed and ran back, without issue, and collected my reward.

> But, I have had that happen to me at Teq a few times until they made some changes a couple years ago.

> Have you tried to repeat this?

> I suspect something strange happened that will likely never happen again. Maybe give it another try?

yeah, my luck lol thanks for the reply :)

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > >

> > > > It's baffling how some people would rather feel "oh so offended" than use a mute function that exists in the game.

> > >

> > > It's baffling how some people feel the need to converse about such topics in the first place, IMO. But, yeah, block, report and move on.

> >

> > Is it? I'm not the one to spam the chat with that kitten, but why would I care what people have fun talking about in a game where I can easly ignore them?

> > That said, "racial slurs" easly reportable. Not that I think it does anything.

>

> Because we don't need to listen to it, they have the problem, compulsion, need for attention (pick one) and should be mature enough to take it to a private chat. Start a squad and say whatever in squad chat.

True, you don't need to -you can mute them. And I don't think joking in the chat is a sign of "having a problem" or "the need for attention". If anything it can be argued that your refusal to block them and instead choosing to keep reading what they write while at the same time complaining about it in the forum makes you someone who tries to be in the center of attention. :D

>They do it to annoy people, plain and simple. No excuse just down right sad. Kids play this game, they should be able to enjoy the game with out such talk infecting them.

They do what to annoy people? Joke in the chat? I doubt it.

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Evon Skyfyre.9673" said:

> > > > @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> > > > I like the extra loot (though it tanked the T5 mats, which I was in the middle of selling), but...holy _crap_ does the mob mentality really come out during these events. I'm not easily offended, but some of the downright obscene things mentioned in map/say chat (which I've been forced to turn off) have me offended for other people.

> > >

> > > Agreed. A bunch were verbally having sexual relations in very gross detail, racial slurs, and worse. It was truly sickening.

> >

> > Report function exists. Root them out while you can.

>

> the majority of us did, we speculate such emails go in the cyber trash can. As long as they have a potential to spend money, nothing happens.

You are just full of conspiracy theories aren't you?

@sobx.1758 I think you missed some of the conversation earlier in this thread..

@Zephyr.5382 said:

I like the extra loot (though it tanked the T5 mats, which I was in the middle of selling), but...holy crap does the mob mentality really come out during these events. I'm not easily offended, but some of the downright obscene things mentioned in map/say chat (which I've been forced to turn off) have me offended for other people.

@Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:

Agreed. A bunch were verbally having sexual relations in very gross detail, racial slurs, and worse. It was truly sickening.