GW2 2019? Worth coming back?

It depends on which game mode you are interested in playing. PvE is getting new content including living story, raids and fractals. The number of players in PvP has drastically diminished to the point where if you are Gold rank player playing a ranked match, you could get paired with and against opponents ranked Platinum and higher. Not fun for you or for your higher ranked teammates. You asked about servers so I take that to mean you are interested in WvW? This mode is on maintenance while players wait for Alliances which will replace the current servers. The Warclaw mount was introduced in a WvW so that is something you may enjoy.

Balance is an ongoing issue in the PvP and WvW game modes. For example, classes like Druid get nerfed so much that it is now useful only in PvE. Chronomancers just got hit with major nerfs so that class could also disappear from PvP and WvW.

Just started playing again, lvl 76 and having a blast, it took me a while to adjust to the way GW2 differs from other mmos, but I cant go back now.... for example I tried playing ffxiv because all the hype surrounding the new expansion... I lasted maybe a day...questing, kill 10 of these, bring some milk to the guy 10 steps away, now bring some fabrics to this guy a city away, now comeback.... I just cant do it anymore. GW2 feels so natural so organic the way its played, the story is very good and engaging and the combat is top tier. Theres people everywhere even in older zones, and the community is unbelievable in this game, probably best there is in an online environment. I would play it and enjoy it while you can because I can see this as being one of the games 10 years down the road where people think back and smile when they think about how great guildwars 2.

> @"Vova.2640" said:

> if u wanna press 1 all day and look pretty game while not caring about anything else, yes.

> if you're looking to do anything beyond that, no.

>

> people may deny it all they want but the game is basically on life-support now.

As much as I am equally unhappy with the game I wouldn't say its on "life support"; its not dying, but there is for sure problems with its "later" game and it really not comparing to other MMORPGs like FFXIV and WoW, even ESO at this point as well. The PvE isn't hard, by any stretch of the imagination so yeah...don't play this game if you're looking to get into things like being challenged by the PvE content, it won't scratch that itch for you.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Well, we're now in-between content, and (as far as we know, because Anet is, as usual, being ominously silent) the next expac got cancelled. The future of the game is at the moment quite cloudy. Game' still alive, though, so you might want to come back and see for yourself. Don't get too attached, though - we really don't know what's going to happen next.

> >

> > Technically it didn't get cancelled - they hadn't announced one, or even said there would be an expansion after Season 4. Players just assumed there would be because that's been the pattern for the past few years. But as far as we know they weren't even working on an expansion, so there was nothing to cancel.

> Fair point. Their original plans for expac/ls/expac/ls/(...) cadence got cancelled, not the expac itself. The result is the same - we won't be getting expac 3 anytime soon (possibly ever).

>

>

>

Tho idk whats mroe concerning, them cancelling an expac or not having one in the works at all or announced.

anet did not cancel an expansion,, its pretty clear they were working on a console port or some type of new mobile game or a gw2 mobile port.. > @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > if u wanna press 1 all day and look pretty game while not caring about anything else, yes.

> > if you're looking to do anything beyond that, no.

> >

> > people may deny it all they want but the game is basically on life-support now.

>

> As much as I am equally unhappy with the game I wouldn't say its on "life support"; its not dying, but there is for sure problems with its "later" game and it really not comparing to other MMORPGs like FFXIV and WoW, even ESO at this point as well. The PvE isn't hard, by any stretch of the imagination so yeah...don't play this game if you're looking to get into things like being challenged by the PvE content, it won't scratch that itch for you.

ive seen several wow players raid in gw2,, complaining its to hard.. "in wow we hear a ding when we need to do certain mechanics"... the other day a wow player was raging at how hard sabetha was lmaoooo

> @"komatoze.5267" said:

> I played a bit years ago.

> I just bought a gaming computer and I'm downloading the game as I write,

> but is the game alive? Are there specific servers that I should join or any guilds?

> I've always been the lone player since my friends dont really like mmorpgs.

> Anyone out there? :(

If you like exploring the open world PVE, completing collections, playing story - yes. There will be plenty for you to do, it's a good game for that.

If you want to (seriously) play PVP, WvW, Raids, Dungeons, anything considered "mmo end game", then you can still try that but know that it's neglected. PvP and WvW heavily, even.

> @"Luthan.5236" said:

> They might try other strategies. Didn't GW1 also have only 3 "campaigns" + the Eye of the North which was something you could do (afaik ... only read it in the Wiki ... I haven't really played GW1) with any char from the core campaigns? So the next exansion really might be something different with new race outside the scope of the normal story that all the core races still have to go through. Where you'd start with a higher level char and have to unlock it first by playing something with the core game + 2 expansions. (Reaching certain achievements.)

You wish. And so do I. ;) Doubt it will happen, though... ever.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Well, we're now in-between content, and (as far as we know, because Anet is, as usual, being ominously silent) the next expac got cancelled. The future of the game is at the moment quite cloudy. Game' still alive, though, so you might want to come back and see for yourself. Don't get too attached, though - we really don't know what's going to happen next.

Aside from the fact Season 5 is confirmed which you know will run for the next 12 -18 months. Confirming at least the next year of development not really a hazy future, just saying.

Though its true we dont really know specifics of whats happening but then again gw2 has never really given us info like that so far ahead.

I've played on and off since day 1 and I can't really get any fulfillment from the game anymore. I saw some potential in the Skyscale, but even now it's still timegated. With the Griffon, I could just go do it at my own pace; so I'm not going to bother with the Skyscale. I tried logging on the other night to try out the boss rush event... but I just couldn't do it. I logged off after one boss. I can't find any reason to trudge through the content.

Fractals don't captivate me since I'm just repeating the same nonsense over and over for a paltry amount of gold. Given that it's really easy to become tired of the repeatable nature of fractals, I need a reason to keep coming back to them. If the ascended gear didn't take 20 years to get per piece, I might play them again, but I don't believe Anet likes rewarding players unless they pull out the credit card.

The other issue with Fractals is I would really like to bring my alts into it, but it takes so damn long to earn ascended gear that I either have to grind out a crafting skill and make it (also spending a lot of gold I don't have in the process), or spend 400 years running Fractals. I'm pretty sure I still need the crafting skill anyway. I made one full ascended set, and I can't be arsed to do it again. Just let me play my damn alts.

Dungeons... see: fractals. Repeatable, and you get next to nothing for your time invested.

Raids... see: fractals. Though ascended is much easier to get from raiding, the cosmetic rewards are nothing compared to what your credit card can buy. The reward I get for the time invested in raiding isn't worth the time and putting up with the awful community. I'm not even talking about anger being directed toward me, I mean people just getting mad over things like needing to explain a fight or two to a guy who hasn't religiously run each raid, and other ultimately meaningless things.

To be honest, I get more fulfillment out of Guild Wars 1 because I feel like I have a reason to log on every time; a goal to work toward. For example, the skins in that game are almost entirely earned/farmed, not bought, not to mention there's just an enormous amount of content in GW1 that I don't have to suffer through a crappy community to experience. I can start an Underworld run and go kill Dhuum without someone halting the run and making a scene over inconsequential stuff.

I've dumped ~1,000 hours into GW2, and I just can't find any reason to do it anymore. The best skins are purchased, and the content I enjoy the most (group PvE) is in no way worth the effort.

> @"komatoze.5267" said:

> I played a bit years ago.

> I just bought a gaming computer and I'm downloading the game as I write,

> but is the game alive? Are there specific servers that I should join or any guilds?

> I've always been the lone player since my friends dont really like mmorpgs.

> Anyone out there? :(

If you enjoy the game, remember to get:

* Both expansions, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire

* Unfortunately, buying the expansions isn't enough to get you all the story-related content :'( You would need to buy the Living World episodes too

* The first season of the Living World cannot be obtained, so you'll miss that part of the storyline, but! You can buy seasons 2, 3 and 4

Season 4 has some of the main rewards in the game right now, so it would be interesting to check it out. You may get tempted to play the storyline out of order, in which case it likely won't make much sense, but your gameplay experience would likely be increased a lot.

> @"Kodokuna Akuma.9570" said:

> Aside from the fact Season 5 is confirmed which you know will run for the next 12 -18 months. Confirming at least the next year of development not really a hazy future, just saying.

Has ArenaNet announced that season 5 will have six episodes, and that those will be released every 2 to 3 months?

Well ... it is weird that someone says he can enjoy GW1 still more. He explained the reasons and I can understand them. (He probably is more of the singe player type of person if he doesn't "enjoy" the stuff which comes with massivele multiplayer - also the problems while going with groups and having to play with other players that might "stop" you.)

But as for the lots of people we have on the forums that ware wanting new content I guess GW1 would be just a game they rush through quickly. (Once all the campaigns are played through 1 time you are basically finished. As long as you don't want to grind titles or gear which seems to be the "endgame" there. Which a lot of people don't like to do hear in GW2 when they say skins n stuff isn't "content" and they need new story.)

> @"Kodokuna Akuma.9570" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Well, we're now in-between content, and (as far as we know, because Anet is, as usual, being ominously silent) the next expac got cancelled. The future of the game is at the moment quite cloudy. Game' still alive, though, so you might want to come back and see for yourself. Don't get too attached, though - we really don't know what's going to happen next.

>

> Aside from the fact Season 5 is confirmed which you know will run for the next 12 -18 months. Confirming at least the next year of development not really a hazy future, just saying.

Yes, we do know about LS5. We heard about it a year ago. Interestingly enough, after that, the only news about content was about how they will no longer feel to be constrained by the old LS structure.

So, we know about LS5. We have no idea how it's going to look however, because all we know is that it will be different. Will it be a change for the better? Maybe. Will that mean _less_ content? Probably.

Today, we not ony don't know more about the game future than we did a year ago, but in fact we know _less_. Don't you feel that it is worrying?

> Though its true we dont really know specifics of whats happening but then again gw2 has never really given us info like that so far ahead.

Before we at lest knew there was an expac in the works. And it's funny how they kicked the release cadence apart the very moment we got used to it and started to feel safe about the game's future. And also at the vey moment where us feeling safe about the game's future should have been far more important for Anet than usual.