[Feature Request] Add optional hotkeys to (some) shared inventory slots

It would be really useful if the first few (say, five) Shared Inventory slots were able to be hot-keyed for use/activation. That way, we can put our Sanctuary Passkeys, Position Rewinders, White Mantle Portals, etc. in there and have quick access to these high-use items without having to open inventory & search/scroll & double click all the time.

It would definitely be another reason to buy Shared Inventory slots and, I hope, not require too much developer time so it would be a quick win.

Bonus: Make optional hot-keys for the last 3 (because auto-loot fills from the front) non-shared character inventory slots as well

> @"Bunshichi.7908" said:

> It would be really useful if the first few (say, five) Shared Bank slots were able to be hot-keyed for use/activation. That way, we can put our Sanctuary Passkeys, Position Rewinders, White Mantle Portals, etc. in there and have quick access to these high-use items without having to open inventory & search/scroll & double click all the time.

>

> It would definitely be another reason to buy Shared Bank slots and, I hope, not require too much developer time so it would be a quick win.

I guess you mean shared invetory slots mate.

@"Linken.6345"

Edited to fix

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234"

This may be just a fractal thing, but have you ever tried opening up your inventory during during a difficult fight to activate a portal? The inventory screen shows a minimum of 3 inventory rows and (depending on your screen resolution) covers a significant part of the screen. Then, you have to visually locate the one red icon in a cluster of icons that you needed to double click.

> @"Linken.6345"

> Edited to fix

>

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234"

> This may be just a fractal thing, but have you ever tried opening up your inventory during during a difficult fight to activate a portal? The inventory screen shows a minimum of 3 inventory rows and (depending on your screen resolution) covers a significant part of the screen. Then, you have to visually locate the one red icon in a cluster of icons that you needed to double click.

Or you could arrange your inventory so that the portal item is in a convenient location.

I'm in favor of ANet adding hotkeys for inventory; we've been asking for something like this since before launch. We don't need to point to an example that only applies to that fraction of people who raids and fractals and has bought a specific item.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

> What non-Fractal examples were you thinking of? I am curious to hear others...

You're kidding, right? Start here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Purchasable_bundles

Any food or potion that runs out. People who swap potions with each type of foe they encounter. Position prototype rewinder. Salvage kits. Bandstoone multitool. The Candy Corn Gobbler. Any of the items that spawn pets (e.g. Sunspear Paragon Support). Fireworks. Candy cane. Season 3 & 4 portal scrolls.

And as @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" asks, why should it be tied to shared inventory? Why not make it its own mechanic? (Either way would be better than we have today; a distinct set of slots would be better.)

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> And I'm wondering why it would be Shared Inventory Slots. Better its own interaction, like Mounts.

My thinking for Shared slots was that the key-bindings would be universal between characters, and this would simplify use. If they added ones that are character specific, then there is an additional danger that if there are empty slots they may get filled (by auto-loot, etc) and then "used" accidentally.

This "accidental use" would be addressed by having its own interaction as you have suggested, but it would be a larger ask of the developers and I guess I was trying to keep things modest in the hope of it actually being considered...

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Bunshichi.7908" said:

> > It would be really useful if the first few (say, five) Shared Bank slots were able to be hot-keyed for use/activation. That way, we can put our Sanctuary Passkeys, Position Rewinders, White Mantle Portals, etc. in there and have quick access to these high-use items without having to open inventory & search/scroll & double click all the time.

> >

> > It would definitely be another reason to buy Shared Bank slots and, I hope, not require too much developer time so it would be a quick win.

>

> I guess you mean shared invetory slots mate.

No I believe the OP means a hotbar for these skills outside of inventory so you can easily access them without opening a window.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Bunshichi.7908" said:

> > > It would be really useful if the first few (say, five) Shared Bank slots were able to be hot-keyed for use/activation. That way, we can put our Sanctuary Passkeys, Position Rewinders, White Mantle Portals, etc. in there and have quick access to these high-use items without having to open inventory & search/scroll & double click all the time.

> > >

> > > It would definitely be another reason to buy Shared Bank slots and, I hope, not require too much developer time so it would be a quick win.

> >

> > I guess you mean shared invetory slots mate.

>

> No I believe the OP means a hotbar for these skills outside of inventory so you can easily access them without opening a window.

But, there are no 'Shared Bank Slots' to hot-key in, or out, of inventory. Or rather, all Bank Slots are shared; but aren't accessible to characters unless one is either at the bank, crafting stations or using a Bank Access consumable of some kind.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Bunshichi.7908" said:

> > > It would be really useful if the first few (say, five) Shared Bank slots were able to be hot-keyed for use/activation. That way, we can put our Sanctuary Passkeys, Position Rewinders, White Mantle Portals, etc. in there and have quick access to these high-use items without having to open inventory & search/scroll & double click all the time.

> > >

> > > It would definitely be another reason to buy Shared Bank slots and, I hope, not require too much developer time so it would be a quick win.

> >

> > I guess you mean shared invetory slots mate.

>

> No I believe the OP means a hotbar for these skills outside of inventory so you can easily access them without opening a window.

Way to not read the thread, OP already quoted and fixed their typo 4 hours before your post mate

> @"Linken.6345"

> Edited to fix

>

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234"

> This may be just a fractal thing, but have you ever tried opening up your inventory during during a difficult fight to activate a portal? The inventory screen shows a minimum of 3 inventory rows and (depending on your screen resolution) covers a significant part of the screen. Then, you have to visually locate the one red icon in a cluster of icons that you needed to double click.

It depends on how you have the inventory window set up. Here's a random screenshot where I left my inventory open, showing how I normally have it arranged:

![](https://i.imgur.com/rToRYNvh.jpg "")

I've got it sized and positioned like that for exactly this reason, so I can open it (or leave it open) during combat or other activities without it covering too much of the screen (It could be smaller, but I like having it show 20 slots, or 1 bag). I do normally close it but if I forget, or need to get an item, it's not a problem. Likewise I keep items I want quick access to on the bottom row of my top bag (or in my shared inventory slots, as shown there) so I know exactly where they'll be when I open it.

I do think 'quick access' slots could be useful, but I'd prefer it to be a seperate thing, like quick slots in most games where you can assign any items to them regardless of where it is, rather than setting keybindings for specific inventory slots, especially shared inventory slots which are already a gem store purchase.