Outfit Codes given during the stream?

I had no problem with the announcement event at all. But this code thing was a bad marketing move... random awards in a chat instead of giving everyone watching the award is not good for community morale or the hype. I watched the whole shebang and the pre-show... and 5 randoms getting the outfit makes me retroactively disappointed with the whole thing.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > Not even a raffle. Not a mention of it. I'm at a loss.

>

> You might want to learn to read a chat.

With all the kiddy spam going on in chat, it is nearly impossible to keep up, though. Oh well, it's done. ;) I was too busy listening to the actual stream anyway. B)

Considering there was nearly 40,000+/- viewers over all platforms you'd think they would have given out more than 5 codes.

Not only is it just a reskin, but digital items can't run out of stock. What a shame.

In the end, the only way to have gotten this outfit was to fly to the presentation or live in the area.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> I've been told in game it'll be on the gemstore later for free. Not sure where people are getting that, but honestly it's MUCH better than a tiny fraction of people getting it just by being lucky

They're confusing two things. One is the free outfit for HoT owners, which is the t-shirt and shorts with the HoT logo on it. The other is the Ascended Aurene t-shirt and short, which is a light teal t with a dragon logo. Same shirt Rubi was RL wearing to host the anniversary live stream. Chat code is on the Wiki if you search for ascended aurene.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > I've been told in game it'll be on the gemstore later for free. Not sure where people are getting that, but honestly it's MUCH better than a tiny fraction of people getting it just by being lucky

>

> They're confusing two things. One is the free outfit for HoT owners, which is the t-shirt and shorts with the HoT logo on it. The other is the Ascended Aurene t-shirt and short, which is a light teal t with a dragon logo. Same shirt Rubi was RL wearing to host the anniversary live stream. Chat code is on the Wiki if you search for ascended aurene.

It won't let me paste the code in game to see it. In any case, I heard that this was another thing that would come at a later day to the gemstore for all. And that's much smarter anyway

> @"Random Wax Orc.7695" said:

> I had no problem with the announcement event at all. But this code thing was a bad marketing move... random awards in a chat instead of giving everyone watching the award is not good for community morale or the hype. I watched the whole shebang and the pre-show... and 5 randoms getting the outfit makes me retroactively disappointed with the whole thing.

Giving to all the people watching isn't ideal either - I was in no position to watch because I was travelling from work back home, and had other things to worry about.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > I've been told in game it'll be on the gemstore later for free. Not sure where people are getting that, but honestly it's MUCH better than a tiny fraction of people getting it just by being lucky

> >

> > They're confusing two things. One is the free outfit for HoT owners, which is the t-shirt and shorts with the HoT logo on it. The other is the Ascended Aurene t-shirt and short, which is a light teal t with a dragon logo. Same shirt Rubi was RL wearing to host the anniversary live stream. Chat code is on the Wiki if you search for ascended aurene.

>

> It won't let me paste the code in game to see it. In any case, I heard that this was another thing that would come at a later day to the gemstore for all. And that's much smarter anyway

I don't know that it will, I think you saw someone speculating. Sorry the code on the wiki doesn't work for you, did you copy exactly from bracket to bracket and paste that in? Looking at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Aurene_Clothing_Outfit I see there are some previews. But also when I got the link it was in the main article, not yet in the upper right insert box, so maybe someone typo'd when moving it. Here is the preview the code gave me in game on human female https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405207401315434496/617047332491624466/AscendedAurene.JPG

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> If I'd known it was going to look like that, I could have left Twitch chat turned off. Seems to be a reskin of something I probably already have.

Well if you have the Dragon Emblem outfit or the free Heart of Maguuma outfit, it is, indeed, a reskin, subject to their normal policy of also tweaking the geometry in some way when they make what look like reskins.