Can we speak about that awesome trailer?

hugo.4705

This movie-level trailer was top notch! Icebrood saga... I really liked a lot the visual impact, a rendering between the game and a comic: That drawing/painting style is awesome and convey ton of emotions, reminded me the animated backgrounds during personal story dialogues which were kind of art piece too. I really like how the trailer is made frame by frame covering a ton of core maps aspects, from charrs to kodan passing through centaurs and norns. Such despair and in same time so intriguing and catching, very well made, I liked the other little animation with that unknown cute orange fur charr punched in the face by rytlock. Is it a khan-ur? The metal charr band with drums was fun too.

So, well this is a positive post from me. The artwork is definitely one of the strong points of Anet.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> There's a thread in he lore forum about it already and one I think further down in this sub forum.

>

> But, yes I enjoyed the trailer too.

oh okay my bad, will surely be merged, haven't seen them ton of new threads are popping

I agree, I really like the 'animated concept art' style they use for cut scenes and trailers in this game. I think it adds more to the mood than if they just used in-game graphics. And because the graphics themselves are somewhat artistic (to the point where some textures almost appear to have brush strokes visible in-game) it's less jarring than if they used live action or photorealistic CGI.

The scene with the centaur intrigued me, I hope we get to see more about the human/centaur war since it's always seemed a bit vague to me. (Although I absolutely want the main focus on the norn and the charr, getting more lore and background for both is very appealing to me.)

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > There's a thread in he lore forum about it already and one I think further down in this sub forum.

> >

> > But, yes I enjoyed the trailer too.

>

> oh okay my bad, will surely be merged, haven't seen them ton of new threads are popping

Check your in game mail though

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > There's a thread in he lore forum about it already and one I think further down in this sub forum.

> > >

> > > But, yes I enjoyed the trailer too.

> >

> > oh okay my bad, will surely be merged, haven't seen them ton of new threads are popping

>

> Check your in game mail though

Checked, through I feel like the Jormag appearance is kinda feminine, the mouth isn't bulky and kinda thin, may be related to kralky saying "mother" or maybe not.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > There's a thread in he lore forum about it already and one I think further down in this sub forum.

> > > >

> > > > But, yes I enjoyed the trailer too.

> > >

> > > oh okay my bad, will surely be merged, haven't seen them ton of new threads are popping

> >

> > Check your in game mail though

>

> Checked, through I feel like the Jormag appearance is kinda feminine, the mouth isn't bulky and kinda thin, may be related to kralky saying "mother" or maybe not.

The game's login menu shows a thumbnail of the trailer in the news section and it appears to show a slightly different picture of Jormag. It's a bit small to make out, but it looks more fearsome

I had been hoping for more like this! I fell in love with the fractals trailer, and this is doing the same sort of scene transitions (I even asked if we'd get more like that in one of the forum Q&A's but got no response at the time, heh). I wish it was as "smooth" as the fractals one, but ANet has a painterly brush-strokes-showing style in most of their stuff so this is truer to their regular aesthetic.

I missed it the first time, but in the first few seconds of the trailer, when the camera panned down to show a burning village and an ashen husk of a charr soldier...did anyone else notice what the soldier was holding in their outstretched hand? :scream:

The art style is absolutely beautiful, though. And that voice...yikes...