Will new elite specs be released?

After weeks of being hyped and teased, I expected an answer to my single and simple question:

**Will new elite specs be released?**

All I wanted is to hear, if I should give up all hope for new elite specs, or not.

Just it. That's just it.

I don't want to hear "maybe". I don't want to hear "when it's released™". I don't even need to hear the exact date.

Jus straight answer: "Yes, we're gonna release new elite specs in the nearest future." or "No, we are not planning to add new elite specs in the game."

I thought that "_expansion without expansion_" as for LWS content will answer my question, but it didn't.

If anyone has some pieces of information about that to share, that will keep me hoping for new elite specs, please share.

As for the announcement itself - I felt betrayed. This stuff could be wrapped in a blog post, and it wasn't event-making worthy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Frostchant.1523" said:

> > @"Shortage.5427" said:

> > Are you still deluded to think we will get elite specs?

>

> Yes, that's why I want straight answer to put an end to this delusion, accept it, and move on.

> Especially after being told that "_expansion worthy content_" is gonna be released during LWS.

ArenaNet is known for not communicating at all. There is no road-map there is not even a damage control for the situation they have created. Sit back and watch the s!t show.

> @"Shortage.5427" said:

> ArenaNet is known for not communicating at all. There is no road-map there is not even a damage control for the situation they have created. Sit back and watch the s!t show.

Well, I did today.

All this hype to "buy our overpriced merch". They even rented a theatre for this.

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> i also expected something like gw2 mobile ^^ .... I want to play omn my couch

I guess it would bring up the same reaction, when Blizztard announced the release of Diablo Immortal on phones.

If twitch chat and reddit were on fire after today's stream, then I imagine GW2 mobile would set everything ablaze literally.

> All this hype to "buy our overpriced merch". They even rented a theatre for this.

I'm seeing this being floated in a number of the threads and I think it's a skewed look at the presentation. Yes, they did spend a section of their time with the marketing guy talking about merch, but that was hardly the presentation's focus.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> why would we be geting any new elite specs at all? I mean in theory anything could happen, but if no one has even mentioned them being on the work, why thinking there's a remote chance we¿ll get them?

>

Well, as for me, it drags me more to the game. Motivates me to play. Opens new stuff to experiment with, new combinations, builds, etc. It's exciting.

Since I've read your comment, I'm wondering why there are hopes and expectations to release elite specs. Maybe because Anet released them with HoT and PoF, and there was no straightforward announcment of not adding them? Who knows? I don't know for sure.

> After weeks of being hyped and teased, I expected an answer to my single and simple question:

They hyped and teased about the Living World. That's a story update, not features.

> **Will new elite specs be released?**

I have the same question. I just assumed that they will announce that separately, because, and I cannot stress this too much, they literally said that today's presentation would be about the Living World.

> As for the announcement itself - I felt betrayed. This stuff could be wrapped in a blog post, and it wasn't event-making worthy.

They release stuff in a blog and people complain that ANet doesn't do enough marketing. They do marketing and people complain it's not about the right stuff.

I agree that it seems light for the amount of trouble they went through to make it happen. Still, it was exactly what they promised.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> They release stuff in a blog and people complain that ANet doesn't do enough marketing. They do marketing and people complain it's not about the right stuff.

>

> I agree that it seems light for the amount of trouble they went through to make it happen. Still, it was exactly what they promised.

>

absolutely true! I think some people will never be happy no matter what.

> @Illconceived Was Na.9781

> Gonna be honest, that I didn't believe event this big will be about LWS only.

You obviously aren't alone. I think ANet misjudged the impact their hype would have.

> I hoped for something more.

Oh I always hope for more. I just don't expect it.

The thing is: your opening post demonstrates more than hope. In particular:

> I expected an answer

> ...

> All I wanted is to hear, if I should give up all hope for new elite specs, or not.

> ...

> As for the announcement itself - I felt betrayed.

It's hard to feel betrayed if you weren't expecting more than what they promised.

And before you say that is nitpicking your choice of words, that the intent is clear... isn't that what some people have been doing with ANet's words? Despite the great care they took in mentioning only the Living World, some people interpreted those words to mean, "and other stuff that the community has deemed important and worthy of renting an auditorium."

I really don't mean to pick on you. You just happened to be one of the people posting, yet another thread, expressing shock that ANet only delivered what they had promised.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Frostchant.1523" said:

> > @Illconceived Was Na.9781

> > Gonna be honest, that I didn't believe event this big will be about LWS only. I hoped for something more.

>

> But then isn't this entirely on you?

Try telling that to a large chunk of people, who feel the same. Good luck.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> But then isn't this entirely on you?

The fault lies on both sides but I'd personally put most of the blame on Anet for this.

Calling it a "special announcement event", doing a live stage event and having that timer was always going to make people assume it was big. If they'd just called it a bog standard living story announcement and posted the trailer like always then this wouldn't have happened, and Anet know that better than anyone.

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > @"Frostchant.1523" said:

> > > @Illconceived Was Na.9781

> > > Gonna be honest, that I didn't believe event this big will be about LWS only. I hoped for something more.

> >

> > But then isn't this entirely on you?

>

> Try telling that to a large chunk of people, who feel the same. Good luck.

Was it over hyped ? Maybe. But they announced exactly what they said they were going to do.

I am on the other side of the fence and would put most of the blame on the people here.

I don't really get why people want new elite specializations while current ones are still unbalanced and spamfest is still present since HoT release.

As far as I remember some time ago they clearly stated LS4 will go straight into LS5, so I don't really understand why people got so hyped for e-speces.

In 2020/2021 you should expect next x-pack and elite specializations.

The "_expansion without expansion_" could also mean new masteries or other shiny things like bounties or new mechanics or whatever.

I wasn't expecting a thing from this presentation tbh, I don't really see why people got so overhyped.

> @"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:

> I don't really get why people want new elite specializations while current ones are still unbalanced and spamfest is still present since HoT release.

I've given up hoping they'll balance the specs.

At this point I'd rather just have fun with new specs than care about the possible chaos they'd bring.

> @"psizone.8437" said:

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > But then isn't this entirely on you?

>

> The fault lies on both sides but I'd personally put most of the blame on Anet for this.

>

> Calling it a "special announcement event", doing a live stage event and having that timer was always going to make people assume it was big. If they'd just called it a bog standard living story announcement and posted the trailer like always then this wouldn't have happened, and Anet know that better than anyone.

This. People will always buy into the hype and resort to wishful thinking and unfounded speculation. Marketing people actually want the audience to be that way.

From these two sides though, only one has industry professionals who should know better than intentionally overhype an announcement like this one.

> After weeks of being hyped and teased, I expected an answer to my single and simple question:

> **Will new elite specs be released?**

> All I wanted is to hear, if I should give up all hope for new elite specs, or not.

> Just it. That's just it.

> I don't want to hear "maybe". I don't want to hear "when it's released™". I don't even need to hear the exact date.

> Jus straight answer: "Yes, we're gonna release new elite specs in the nearest future." or "No, we are not planning to add new elite specs in the game."

> I thought that "_expansion without expansion_" as for LWS content will answer my question, but it didn't.

> If anyone has some pieces of information about that to share, that will keep me hoping for new elite specs, please share.

>

> As for the announcement itself - I felt betrayed. This stuff could be wrapped in a blog post, and it wasn't event-making worthy.

I am going to keep saying this. But LW5 is likely the Lead Up for the 3rd Expansion. It likely will be teased at the end of LW5 like Hot was for LW2. Then and only then will we get Elite Specs which is Expansion selling content.

LW5 is just normal content that gives story on why we going to the 3rd expansion area. They did this in Vanilla leading into Hot zones.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Frostchant.1523" said:

> > After weeks of being hyped and teased, I expected an answer to my single and simple question:

> > **Will new elite specs be released?**

> > All I wanted is to hear, if I should give up all hope for new elite specs, or not.

> > Just it. That's just it.

> > I don't want to hear "maybe". I don't want to hear "when it's released™". I don't even need to hear the exact date.

> > Jus straight answer: "Yes, we're gonna release new elite specs in the nearest future." or "No, we are not planning to add new elite specs in the game."

> > I thought that "_expansion without expansion_" as for LWS content will answer my question, but it didn't.

> > If anyone has some pieces of information about that to share, that will keep me hoping for new elite specs, please share.

> >

> > As for the announcement itself - I felt betrayed. This stuff could be wrapped in a blog post, and it wasn't event-making worthy.

>

> I am going to keep saying this. But LW5 is likely the Lead Up for the 3rd Expansion. It likely will be teased at the end of LW5 like Hot was for LW2. Then and only then will we get Elite Specs which is Expansion selling content.

> LW5 is just normal content that gives story on why we going to the 3rd expansion area. They did this in Vanilla leading into Hot zones.

I think so too.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"psizone.8437" said:

> > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > But then isn't this entirely on you?

> >

> > The fault lies on both sides but I'd personally put most of the blame on Anet for this.

> >

> > Calling it a "special announcement event", doing a live stage event and having that timer was always going to make people assume it was big. If they'd just called it a bog standard living story announcement and posted the trailer like always then this wouldn't have happened, and Anet know that better than anyone.

>

> This. People will always buy into the hype and resort to wishful thinking and unfounded speculation. Marketing people actually want the audience to be that way.

>

> From these two sides though, only one has industry professionals who should know better than intentionally overhype an announcement like this one.

They did overhype, but still, they said they were going to talk about the next living story and that they did...we were the ones who felt there had to be more.