Quest specific inventory slot NEEDED

I think this game really needs a specific inventory spot just for quest items... because my bag is ALWAYS full of garbage from quest stuff and I already purchased all the bag slots and it's still NOT enough. Please make it happen...even games that's wayyyy older than this have such function available. I'm not sure why GW2 doesn't have it!!??? :s

Not sure what you mean by 'quest'; Renown Heart Trophies can easily be picked up again, so you can discard (or sell) those. Many Achievement Collection items can be discarded (or sold) once they show up in the collection panel.

If you are unsure about an item, you can consult the Wiki; even in-game by typing /Wiki (topic of choice) in chat.

Good luck.

A simple solution would be to just allow those items to be sold as junk.

There's a bunch of collection items etc that can't be sold and quite a few that make you type out the name of the item before you can throw it away.

There's been a few cases where i've kept a few items in my inventory just because I couldn't sell them and I couldn't be bothered to type out the items name to trash it.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> A simple solution would be to just allow those items to be sold as junk.

>

> There's a bunch of collection items etc that can't be sold and quite a few that make you type out the name of the item before you can throw it away.

> There's been a few cases where i've kept a few items in my inventory just because I couldn't sell them and I couldn't be bothered to type out the items name to trash it.

FYI, you can /wiki + shift click an item and search on wiki using its link/code to avoid typing larger names.

-Ontopic: Not that much needed right now, but would like to see it in game. :)

Do you mean [Event Items](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_item "Event Items") which you're often asked to collect and give in to an NPC with a bucket and arrow symbol over their head? If so then I suspect the answer is Anet didn't expect anyone to keep them for any length of time. You collect them and turn them in to the NPC during the event and once it's over they're useless and any remaining can be deleted. When the event starts up again they'll be obtainable again so there's no need to keep them in between.

(Which is different to quest items in many games where you'll be given an item at some point in a quest and may not need it until much later, meaning you could go through several maps and even several other quests before you use it, and generally if you lose it the only way to get it back is to abandon the entire quest and start over or re-load from a save file from before you lost it.)

>I think this game really needs a specific inventory spot just for quest items... because my bag is ALWAYS full of garbage from quest stuff and I already purchased all the bag slots and it's still NOT enough.

How would this work? Would it be one slot that holds multiple different items types at the same time?

Do you perhaps mean an inventory slot that opens up to a secondary inventory grid with multiple places to put items?

Well there are also items like event tokens from four wind or the 8 bit thing (sorry can’t remember the name of the event) it’s just cluttering my slots but they don’t count as currency...and I work hard to get them but I have no use of them at the moment until the event comes back... those items should be counted as currency instead of taking my bag and bank space....

As for quest items a lot are like random pages of stuff showing me some sort of location (which I have not bother to read through all of them but when I double tap it it’s asking me to go somewhere????) like I got bunch of those in my bag...and I feel like if it’s some sort of quest leading somewhere I can’t really delete it but I also am not free to do whatever I want when I log into the game because I need to clear up my bag with bunch of random things I got in the world that’s not equipments or sellable items. (And many items cluttering my bag doesn’t even say I’d its achievement related item either so I have to google them individually to see what on earth is it for... especially some of them are in gold letters...)

I just think items that have no value that’s either for achievement or quest related should be directed into a specific slot so player should don’t have to google everything they get in their bag it’s so ridiculous and inconvenience. I would even BUY the freaking specific bag that’s for those item if they even bother to code it into the game to make things easier.

> @"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:

> Well there are also items like event tokens from four wind or the 8 bit thing (sorry can’t remember the name of the event) it’s just cluttering my slots but they don’t count as currency...and I work hard to get them but I have no use of them at the moment until the event comes back... those items should be counted as currency instead of taking my bag and bank space....

>

> As for quest items a lot are like random pages of stuff showing me some sort of location (which I have not bother to read through all of them but when I double tap it it’s asking me to go somewhere????) like I got bunch of those in my bag...and I feel like if it’s some sort of quest leading somewhere I can’t really delete it but I also am not free to do whatever I want when I log into the game because I need to clear up my bag with bunch of random things I got in the world that’s not equipments or sellable items. (And many items cluttering my bag doesn’t even say I’d its achievement related item either so I have to google them individually to see what on earth is it for... especially some of them are in gold letters...)

>

> I just think items that have no value that’s either for achievement or quest related should be directed into a specific slot so player should don’t have to google everything they get in their bag it’s so ridiculous and inconvenience. I would even BUY the freaking specific bag that’s for those item if they even bother to code it into the game to make things easier.

That's what the bank is for, to put those items in that are used to direct you to locations for certain events that have been in the game in the past. Once the event is over just pick a panel in the bank(you really should unlock all available panels) and pick one and put all of them in there...some are character bound and some are account bound, the character bound ones still go in the bank as the only character that can pick them up again when the event returns is the one it's bound to.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> There's been a few cases where i've kept a few items in my inventory just because I couldn't sell them and I couldn't be bothered to type out the items name to trash it.

I usually run a key farmer which means I'm deleting an alt every week. So I stash those hard to trash items in a corner of my bank storage and just load them into the key farmer's inventory when I'm ready to delete it. All those irritating items go away without any muss or fuss when deleted that way, no name typing required. :)

> @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > There's been a few cases where i've kept a few items in my inventory just because I couldn't sell them and I couldn't be bothered to type out the items name to trash it.

> I usually run a key farmer which means I'm deleting an alt every week. So I stash those hard to trash items in a corner of my bank storage and just load them into the key farmer's inventory when I'm ready to delete it. All those irritating items go away without any muss or fuss when deleted that way, no name typing required. :)

>

>

That's a really great idea ^^ I never thought of that :D