When do I meet the friendly players?

Murdock.6547

> @Inoki.6048 said:

> > @Amityel.5324 said:

> > > @LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:

> > anyway anyone who blocks someone for hatetelling is weak in my eyes I have never blocked or put on ignore list since I started to play mmos.......cuz Iam not scared rat :)

>

> Sometimes it's necessary to block. Anger is an expression of weakness that solves nothing and many get angry easily. I often get hate speech in PMs and many just keep the salt coming until you have to forcefully shut them up because you don't want to miss other things in chat.

I got hate tells often and still I dont block anyone even if he keep spamming me i dont mind I do the same ;-)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Amityel.5324 said:

> > @Inoki.6048 said:

> > > @Amityel.5324 said:

> > > > @LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:

> > > anyway anyone who blocks someone for hatetelling is weak in my eyes I have never blocked or put on ignore list since I started to play mmos.......cuz Iam not scared rat :)

> >

> > Sometimes it's necessary to block. Anger is an expression of weakness that solves nothing and many get angry easily. I often get hate speech in PMs and many just keep the salt coming until you have to forcefully shut them up because you don't want to miss other things in chat.

>

> I got hate tells often and still I dont block anyone even if he keep spamming me i dont mind I do the same ;-)

The goal is to not be affected by it. There are many different strategies to achieve this. What ever works for the individual in question is the best one, unless it negatively affects others, cos then you're just a kitten too.

Obviously.

The gw2 community overall is much better than most mmorpgs, but it happens that Spvp, wvw and raids are where the toxic players are more abundant. But even toxic players here are not a problem compared to other games. Lets say someone hate you in gw2. What can he do? Only send whispers, and you can block him. In other games if I don't like a player I can literally chase him down everywhere to PK him. Or even offer rewards for people who kill him and send me a screenshot.

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > Turn off chat.

>

> Why turn off the main feature of a mmo?

This is the pvp sub forum to the pvp game mode of an mmorpg. Nobody pvps for the engaging philosophical debates.

You can turn off team chat, sweetie.

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > Turn off chat.

> >

> > Why turn off the main feature of a mmo?

>

> This is the pvp sub forum to the pvp game mode of an mmorpg. Nobody pvps for the engaging philosophical debates.

>

> You can turn off team chat, sweetie.

You turn off teamchat in a team oriented game mode? Thats kinda weird.

I bet people love you in soloq. ;)

> > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > Turn off chat.

> > >

> > > Why turn off the main feature of a mmo?

> >

> > This is the pvp sub forum to the pvp game mode of an mmorpg. Nobody pvps for the engaging philosophical debates.

> >

> > You can turn off team chat, sweetie.

>

> You turn off teamchat in a team oriented game mode? Thats kinda weird.

>

> I bet people love you in soloq. ;)

Ah, the good old 'bait and switch'.

> @troops.8276 said:

> > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > Turn off chat.

> > > >

> > > > Why turn off the main feature of a mmo?

> > >

> > > This is the pvp sub forum to the pvp game mode of an mmorpg. Nobody pvps for the engaging philosophical debates.

> > >

> > > You can turn off team chat, sweetie.

> >

> > You turn off teamchat in a team oriented game mode? Thats kinda weird.

> >

> > I bet people love you in soloq. ;)

>

> Ah, the good old 'bait and switch'.

Not really. That is a legit gripe.

I know I am not the only one who gets annoyed when nobody reads team and as a direct result xyz happens amd was 100% preventable. The odd time you have people who cannot speak english and thats fine.

Im still new at using sarcasm. Let me settle.

Maybe it is because I am superbad at PvP and mainly in for the AP, but the people who are really rude are a rarity for me personaly. A little bit of rage is mandatory if you go into PvP as it seems. I am not sure why legendary ranked people have areason to rage, is there much left to win and prove at this point?

Maybe am also lucky and get shoveled into these lucky looser teams most of the time where people are like me and don´t care if they´re the gold standard or just a guy making a little bit of PvP.^^

Maybe the OP, or someone feeling the same, is a sensitive soul, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Maybe ignoring it by turning of chat is better for them. Not everyone has, or should have, a thick skin.

Quite often IRL its those sensitive folk that notice that you're feeling down when nobody else has. Its a beautiful thing. Why would we want to crush that for the sake of winning at a video game.

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > > Turn off chat.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why turn off the main feature of a mmo?

> > > >

> > > > This is the pvp sub forum to the pvp game mode of an mmorpg. Nobody pvps for the engaging philosophical debates.

> > > >

> > > > You can turn off team chat, sweetie.

> > >

> > > You turn off teamchat in a team oriented game mode? Thats kinda weird.

> > >

> > > I bet people love you in soloq. ;)

> >

> > Ah, the good old 'bait and switch'.

>

> Not really. That is a legit gripe.

> I know I am not the only one who gets annoyed when nobody reads team and as a direct result xyz happens amd was 100% preventable. The odd time you have people who cannot speak english and thats fine.

>

> Im still new at using sarcasm. Let me settle.

You made two statements that I don't think are entirely synonymous with each other, hence what I said. But it doesn't matter.

We agree that its better when everyone is communicating. But if someone turns of chat because they're getting a hard time and its getting to them I wont hold it against them, even if we lose.

> @troops.8276 said:

> > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > > > Turn off chat.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why turn off the main feature of a mmo?

> > > > >

> > > > > This is the pvp sub forum to the pvp game mode of an mmorpg. Nobody pvps for the engaging philosophical debates.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can turn off team chat, sweetie.

> > > >

> > > > You turn off teamchat in a team oriented game mode? Thats kinda weird.

> > > >

> > > > I bet people love you in soloq. ;)

> > >

> > > Ah, the good old 'bait and switch'.

> >

> > Not really. That is a legit gripe.

> > I know I am not the only one who gets annoyed when nobody reads team and as a direct result xyz happens amd was 100% preventable. The odd time you have people who cannot speak english and thats fine.

> >

> > Im still new at using sarcasm. Let me settle.

>

> You made two statements that I don't think are entirely synonymous with each other, hence what I said. But it doesn't matter.

> We agree that its better when everyone is communicating. But if someone turns of chat because they're getting a hard time and its getting to them I wont hold it against them, even if we lose.

Fair enough

if u are "learning" on ranked pvp and not decaping point to have "fun" shoting at distance this why u are getting so much hate.

But looking in other side, theres a class hate. when i play minion necro(before PoF), to work as condi spounge, i always get lots of hate even winning! and most hate come from thievs.

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > @troops.8276 said:

> > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > > > > Turn off chat.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why turn off the main feature of a mmo?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is the pvp sub forum to the pvp game mode of an mmorpg. Nobody pvps for the engaging philosophical debates.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can turn off team chat, sweetie.

> > > > >

> > > > > You turn off teamchat in a team oriented game mode? Thats kinda weird.

> > > > >

> > > > > I bet people love you in soloq. ;)

> > > >

> > > > Ah, the good old 'bait and switch'.

> > >

> > > Not really. That is a legit gripe.

> > > I know I am not the only one who gets annoyed when nobody reads team and as a direct result xyz happens amd was 100% preventable. The odd time you have people who cannot speak english and thats fine.

> > >

> > > Im still new at using sarcasm. Let me settle.

> >

> > You made two statements that I don't think are entirely synonymous with each other, hence what I said. But it doesn't matter.

> > We agree that its better when everyone is communicating. But if someone turns of chat because they're getting a hard time and its getting to them I wont hold it against them, even if we lose.

>

> Fair enough

I'm sorry that I didn't just say what I meant better at the start.

> @Amityel.5324 said:

> and when normal pple work huh? :D

>

> anyway anyone who blocks someone for hatetelling is weak in my eyes I have never blocked or put on ignore list since I started to play mmos.......cuz Iam not scared rat :)

The 'normal' people aren't usually too bad. Besides, I'm one of those normal people that works too (9-5 plus 2 hours of commute). :tongue: I just occasionally get lucky and get to play during the weekday. (Like when my boss would like to check it out and sits and watches over my shoulder at lunch while I play from work :grin: )

And yes, I enjoy screwing with the idiots that like to pm me with the salt. My block list is generally reserved for spam bots, just to cut the annoyance factor.

"kill yourself you subhuman charr furry rp autist"

Honestly these sort if over the top comments crack me up. But at the same time, if i could find a team of cool people thatd be swell, as well.

This thread isnt really someone crying for help or being passive agressive. This is genuine curiosity and wondering if i have to make a static or if i can expect to find cooldudes naturally.

> @Murdock.6547 said:

> I've been learning the new classes in pvp, seeing how far I can get with in particular deadeye because.. frankly it's very enjoyable.

> And I've been getting an unreal amount of hate. From things such as "decap kitten" to "kitten r u doing autist go to pve"

> "go pve" is probably the most common one.

>

> I know I'm not carrying the team with my godlike ability.. but I made it to plat so far so perhaps I'm not total garbage?

> Who knows man. Who cares, even? But the amount of raw angst and rage that is thrown at me is crazy. I didn't get this much hate or rage when I played core power wells necro in ranked up to plat 2 last season lmao.

>

> But my question is... Does it get better? I would have thought past silver I'd see less afks and ragers.

> But here I am. Had a 2v5 because two people quit after losing mid (one tried to res through shade hate) I don't know when the third left.

> Does this nonsense stop? Or even slow down?

You ever sifted sand for valuables?

Theres a lot of dirt out there but if you keep moving it eventually you run into some gems. When you do, add them to your list, form a pvp guild, chill out, practice, whatever.

Also, you learn on unranked. Learning on ranked matches is ruining everyone else's day. Please consider the people trying to move up in rank.

> @Murdock.6547 said:

> deadeye isn't unbalanced. Scourge isn't either. And I will definitely argue whether or not SB is unbalanced (if anything defy pain and the defy pain trait are broken.)

> but I guess you're right. people are nuts lmao.

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

> @Murdock.6547 said:

> "kill yourself you subhuman charr furry rp autist"

>

> Honestly these sort if over the top comments crack me up. But at the same time, if i could find a team of cool people thatd be swell, as well.

> This thread isnt really someone crying for help or being passive agressive. This is genuine curiosity and wondering if i have to make a static or if i can expect to find cooldudes naturally.

Give me an add, we can do charr-teams; use either my handle or one of the below (send me a mail too so I know which handle to add from followers) :

>Menat Mistwraith

>Durendal Mistward

>Valkyrie Mistblade

>Zarrin Mistcloak

>Kossori Mistwalker

What you're doing right now helps you find cooldudes/coolgirls.

Either option works, though the former works faster.

And don't worry too much about the vitriol. Pvp is full of people that think they're better than they are, and they need to vent. Either that or their kittens haven't dropped yet.