Striker Mission?

zengara.8301

> @"Pax.3548" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > Haven't done it yet but it seems they made three mistakes and one wonders why:

> > - Jumping Puzzle where no one asked for

> > - Far too easy boss

> > - Rewards are utter kitten

> >

> > And maybe a challenge mote would help, too.

>

> About this...:

> -I'm pretty sure there was a lot of ppl asking for JP

> -Assuming you mean the strike mission boss, The point of it is to introduce non raids ppl to this kind of boss encounter, if you're a raider of course it would be too easy since we are used to raids, but again, this content is not directed at us, but to non raids players, anet even said this somewhere (the german interview I think?).

> -Same as above, why would you give big rewards for an too easy encounter.

>

> Anet said the strike boss encounter would evolve and become harder as the Saga continues, so I imagine the difficulty will increase and will try to "adapt" players to it, allowing them to gain the confidence they need to try out raids.

But it is even easier than easy open world content. We were 5 randoms and we did it 1st try without any idea and tactics. Just DPS down the boss within time and getting both achievements. I don't know. Not one went down. It is even easy for the ultra causal I think. I hope they will tweak the thing and I really hope they will add some more challenging enemies. Or - that would be best - some scaling like in Fractals. I like the idea though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Alexa Scorpionwitch.8567" said:

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > > @"Alexa Scorpionwitch.8567" said:

> > > I've tried it several times now and, since I suck at JP, I can't even get to the boss fight at the end. I spend the whole mission jumping and falling until its over. Soooo much fun....Done with strike missions.

> >

> > You tried it many times? How can you miss The huge message on our screen that says that you can now teleport to your allies when one of them completes the JP?

>

> I never saw a message and I wasn't the only one. Someone mentioned something about a shrine but we never found it.

It's actually a waypoint, like the ones on Dragonfall. It's difficult to see on the map as it's a blueish grey marker on a mostly bluish grey map /facepalm

Why they couldn't have called it a 'shrine WAYPOINT' is beyond me, as the 'waypoint' term is instantly recognisable, whilst the term 'shrine' makes it sound like an actual physical object within the game environment that you have to interact with to use... :/

> @"Ryukai.6524" said:>

> Why they couldn't have called it a 'shrine WAYPOINT' is beyond me, as the 'waypoint' term is instantly recognisable, whilst the term 'shrine' makes it sound like an actual physical object within the game environment that you have to interact with to use... :/

Shrines are the check points in GW1.

They also replaced waypoints in Siren's landing.

Arenanet seems to have a fixed stand on the difference between waypoints (Asuran taxi stands) and shrines (human god statues) are.

However. I didn't check whether that shrine was actually a human god, or a spirit of the wild (since that place seems to be more related to norns than humans).

JP is the hardest part, and to be honest... JP is the only part that can be difficult. Boss enouncter is super easy: no mechanics (only jump or dodge to avoid damage/knockback), no deadly strikes — it's huge AoE attack takes... 50% hp or 7500hp, I don't know if its procentage damage or no.

Seriously? I knew this will be story boss for 5-10 players, but it should be... challenging somehow. **Making a boss with huge health pool is not a solution.**

> @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> JP is the hardest part, and to be honest... JP is the only part that can be difficult. Boss enouncter is super easy: no mechanics (only jump or dodge to avoid damage/knockback), no deadly strikes — it's huge AoE attack takes... 50% hp or 7500hp, I don't know if its procentage damage or no.

> Seriously? I knew this will be story boss for 5-10 players, but it should be... challenging somehow. **Making a boss with huge health pool is not a solution.**

You and most other people in this thread (and the other thread about strike missions I get notifications about) clearly haven't been doing the public version with 5 people of below-average skill levels.

The timer can get difficult to beat, when the 'right' conditions are met.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> > JP is the hardest part, and to be honest... JP is the only part that can be difficult. Boss enouncter is super easy: no mechanics (only jump or dodge to avoid damage/knockback), no deadly strikes — it's huge AoE attack takes... 50% hp or 7500hp, I don't know if its procentage damage or no.

> > Seriously? I knew this will be story boss for 5-10 players, but it should be... challenging somehow. **Making a boss with huge health pool is not a solution.**

>

> You and most other people in this thread (and the other thread about strike missions I get notifications about) clearly haven't been doing the public version with 5 people of below-average skill levels.

> The timer can get difficult to beat, when the 'right' conditions are met.

I did it with only 2 people. Still easy. Beating the timer requires only more DPS.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> > JP is the hardest part, and to be honest... JP is the only part that can be difficult. Boss enouncter is super easy: no mechanics (only jump or dodge to avoid damage/knockback), no deadly strikes — it's huge AoE attack takes... 50% hp or 7500hp, I don't know if its procentage damage or no.

> > Seriously? I knew this will be story boss for 5-10 players, but it should be... challenging somehow. **Making a boss with huge health pool is not a solution.**

>

> You and most other people in this thread (and the other thread about strike missions I get notifications about) clearly haven't been doing the public version with 5 people of below-average skill levels.

jeez, are these people in below level gear or what. o.o

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> > > JP is the hardest part, and to be honest... JP is the only part that can be difficult. Boss enouncter is super easy: no mechanics (only jump or dodge to avoid damage/knockback), no deadly strikes — it's huge AoE attack takes... 50% hp or 7500hp, I don't know if its procentage damage or no.

> > > Seriously? I knew this will be story boss for 5-10 players, but it should be... challenging somehow. **Making a boss with huge health pool is not a solution.**

> >

> > You and most other people in this thread (and the other thread about strike missions I get notifications about) clearly haven't been doing the public version with 5 people of below-average skill levels.

> > The timer can get difficult to beat, when the 'right' conditions are met.

>

> jeez, are these people in below level gear or what. o.o

They could be disabled....

I myself, have mild arthritis in my hands/fingers, this can make some things that are 'easy' for you, quite difficult for me. Everyone is a different person, we are not carbon copies of each other.....

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

The timer can be beaten solo. This fight needs punishing mechanics and way higher damage on regular waves. Big wave after 50% needs to oneshot players regardless of gear. The current version doesnt show anything to players and bad players without arc wont even notice how useless they were.

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> Once the teleport has been activated you will get the message across the screen and on your map you will see an icon similar to the icons you see in the Dragonfall map: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Shrine.png If this is your first Strike Mission where you are frantically trying to keep up with the rest of the group all jumping like Pro's towards some goal you have never seen before, it's easily forgiven that you missed that. :) I almost did too, lol.

>

> NB: I have become quit fond of jumping puzzles, however only IN MY OWN TIME. Not the ones where your team has to wait for you, while you keep messing up more and more because of the mounting stress. Nothing more fun then falling of the scaffolding in the Cliffside fractal for the 6th time while your group is waiting above you. And starting to comment....... NOT. :( One of the reasons I barely do fractals.

> At least in this strike mission you get the portal. :)

Thank you for the information!) I also hate JP, and have never hit the boss during the battle:( While the whole group is already fighting, I, cursing everything in the world, once again fall off these stones-boards) Very fascinating process. And I did not notice this icon at all)

> @"Ryukai.6524" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Antycypator.9874" said:

> > > > JP is the hardest part, and to be honest... JP is the only part that can be difficult. Boss enouncter is super easy: no mechanics (only jump or dodge to avoid damage/knockback), no deadly strikes — it's huge AoE attack takes... 50% hp or 7500hp, I don't know if its procentage damage or no.

> > > > Seriously? I knew this will be story boss for 5-10 players, but it should be... challenging somehow. **Making a boss with huge health pool is not a solution.**

> > >

> > > You and most other people in this thread (and the other thread about strike missions I get notifications about) clearly haven't been doing the public version with 5 people of below-average skill levels.

> > > The timer can get difficult to beat, when the 'right' conditions are met.

> >

> > jeez, are these people in below level gear or what. o.o

>

> They could be disabled....

> I myself, have mild arthritis in my hands/fingers, this can make some things that are 'easy' for you, quite difficult for me. Everyone is a different person, we are not carbon copies of each other.....

I have a disability too...I play witha controller because of the sheer pain I getfrom using a keyboard...

it's unlikely the majority of players in a group would be hindered by a disability. It's more likelh that they haven't put any effort into ensuring they have a proper build.

This Icon is a mastery back from lws 3 if I remember correctly, so who doesn't have the mastery most likely can't use it.

As for difficulty it really is fine as is... my first try I ended up lying on the icon dead (because I didn't get what the message meant either until it was too late). However what I saw (we were 7 or 8 ppl. in the beginning, so minus me noobishly lying in the dirt 6 or 7 left) was 15 to 25 vuln on the boss, 4 to 8 stacks bleeding 2 to 4 torment and every few seconds 2 burning... that was it so i got very curious about the classes involved at first.

After I saw a scourge and a mirage I started to wonder even more about the lack of conditions. Ok the tempest was most likely a healtempest that put most of the vuln there (hopefully because it was using water), after I saw the longbowranger on maxdistance I just stopped watching and started feeling very dirty for dying on them before the fight even started, maybe I could have helped them getting more than 1 chest even though my reaper is not the biggest dps himself but at least he got a bit of boons for himself and does decent damage even in bad comps.

Today I was in a group of 8 ...we got 3 chests.

It all depends on group composition, if you get a few nonraiders or even wvwers it gets hard. This way it is it's for everyone and that is really great.

Done. Teleported to the boss, killed easily and quickly, 7 people, received all three chests.

In my opinion, the boss is **too easy**. Honestly, I had the impression that I could have killed him in solo with my Reaper, if the timer was longer. True, I play mainly WvW, and sometimes in the open world, I have never been in raids or fractals, so I can only compare it with the open world and WvW. Bosses in the Domain of Istan, for example, are much more complicated. Both - in mechanics and in damage. Especially if the squad is small, the person is 15-20.

In general, IMHO this instance failed to reach the golden mean of complexity. Jumping puzzle is too complicated, and the boss is too light.

> @"AlexVv.3965" said:

> Jumping puzzle is too complicated, and the boss is too light.

They did say it's going to evolve into harder versions.

I just hope they will also keep the "easy" versions, so people with fun, lesser effective builds, still have something from it.

As for the JP, it's actually on the easier side. Just the wind is a tad annoying.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"AlexVv.3965" said:

> > Jumping puzzle is too complicated, and the boss is too light.

> They did say it's going to evolve into harder versions.

> I just hope they will also keep the "easy" versions, so people with fun, lesser effective builds, still have something from it.

> As for the JP, it's actually on the easier side. Just the wind is a tad annoying.

>

More complicated versions in the future - are good. As for the “lightness” of jumping a puzzle .. for someone:) I even went into the solo instance to calmly, without delaying anyone, try to make this puzzle. 40 minutes. The result is zero:) I almost never get jumping puzzles in this game, I probably have "spatial idiocy", or I don’t know what))

> @"atilla.5280" said:

> where exactly is this JP, on the way to the boss or is this a separate part of the Striker mission?

> I have done this boss several times now, but somehow I have not seen a JP.

>

The jp is the path to the boss - up the cliff then across some planks whilst trying not to slide off the ice

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"atilla.5280" said:

> > where exactly is this JP, on the way to the boss or is this a separate part of the Striker mission?

> > I have done this boss several times now, but somehow I have not seen a JP.

> >

>

> The jp is the path to the boss - up the cliff then across some planks whilst trying not to slide off the ice

I have already gone this way several times successfully without getting the success, how is there the timelimit? You can also abbreviate it if you slide left on the platform to the right or you have to take another way there?

> @"atilla.5280" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"atilla.5280" said:

> > > where exactly is this JP, on the way to the boss or is this a separate part of the Striker mission?

> > > I have done this boss several times now, but somehow I have not seen a JP.

> > >

> >

> > The jp is the path to the boss - up the cliff then across some planks whilst trying not to slide off the ice

>

> I have already gone this way several times successfully without getting the success, how is there the timelimit? You can also abbreviate it if you slide left on the platform to the right or you have to take another way there?

My apologies but your reply makes no sense to read at all.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"atilla.5280" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"atilla.5280" said:

> > > > where exactly is this JP, on the way to the boss or is this a separate part of the Striker mission?

> > > > I have done this boss several times now, but somehow I have not seen a JP.

> > > >

> > >

> > > The jp is the path to the boss - up the cliff then across some planks whilst trying not to slide off the ice

> >

> > I have already gone this way several times successfully without getting the success, how is there the timelimit? You can also abbreviate it if you slide left on the platform to the right or you have to take another way there?

>

> My apologies but your reply makes no sense to read at all.

yes, unfortunately, I have used a translator because I am German, sorry

in German the sentence was correct and understandable.

> @"atilla.5280" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"atilla.5280" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"atilla.5280" said:

> > > > > where exactly is this JP, on the way to the boss or is this a separate part of the Striker mission?

> > > > > I have done this boss several times now, but somehow I have not seen a JP.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The jp is the path to the boss - up the cliff then across some planks whilst trying not to slide off the ice

> > >

> > > I have already gone this way several times successfully without getting the success, how is there the timelimit? You can also abbreviate it if you slide left on the platform to the right or you have to take another way there?

> >

> > My apologies but your reply makes no sense to read at all.

>

> yes, unfortunately, I have used a translator because I am German, sorry

That’s fine -I guessed it was a translation thing. Ultimately, that section is the JP. Players like me struggle a lot on it, some do not.

It isn’t necessary for it to exist at all beyond being annoying for the sake of annoying, so it needs removing completely and never putting in future ones. Jps in group instances serve only to break up the squad until someone unlocks the waypoint

> @"AlexVv.3965" said:

> More complicated versions in the future - are good. As for the “lightness” of jumping a puzzle .. for someone:) I even went into the solo instance to calmly, without delaying anyone, try to make this puzzle. 40 minutes. The result is zero:) I almost never get jumping puzzles in this game, I probably have "spatial idiocy", or I don’t know what))

In that case, you won't ever want to try the Halloween/Christmas JPs, or the "Not so Secret" Aetherblade puzzle.

> @"atilla.5280" said:

> I have already gone this way several times successfully without getting the success

You probably a referring to an achievement for the Puzzle, as both success and achievement translate to "Erfolg".

I don't think their was an achievement for this puzzle.

I was disappointed that it was the same critter we already fought in the story. One jumping puzzle, and one recycled boss hardly seems like any kind of mission, honestly.

I hate jumping puzzles, and never heard of a teleporter (did not see the pop up). The other members were telling me to use the teleporter but I had no idea what/how. I finally was opening the map to see if I could zone out... and saw a teleporter on the map ha ha.

Odd thing was that my other character there, who had not finished the story, could do the strike mission as well. Guess you only have to unlock it on one character.