IF you could kill off one of the NPC who would it be?

> @"Elyssandariel.2679" said:

>I loved his melodramatic mispronunciations. He wasn't particularly useful but I enjoyed having him around if only to laugh at "Clawr Island" and other things of that nature.

You know that his VA is an actual Englishman? The rest of the Sylvari are Americans doing an accent, so he's not the one mispronouncing things.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"thepenmonster.3621" said:

> > @"Elyssandariel.2679" said:

> >I loved his melodramatic mispronunciations. He wasn't particularly useful but I enjoyed having him around if only to laugh at "Clawr Island" and other things of that nature.

>

> You know that his VA is an actual Englishman? The rest of the Sylvari are Americans doing an accent, so he's not the one mispronouncing things.

I meant from an American point of view. My husband is an actual Englishman as well, so I’m well aware that there are differences between voice acting and “the real deal.” I enjoy listening to Trahearne, his voice is very peaceful. But honestly I don’t think anyone hasn’t chuckled at Clawr Island at least once with someone else who plays this game. As for the other sylvari, I believe Gideon Emery is also an English voice actor in this game so no, not all of the others are Americans putting on an accent.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> Most characters seem so disney-esque and boring. Too less edgy. The only really likeable and well written character is Canach. I also like Rytlock, Kasmeer and Marjory. BTW I nothing hate more than short names in fantasy universes. Names like Jory, or Kas or Ani (for Anakin in Star Wars): Don't do it, it just doesn't fit. Fantasy has to remain 'classic'. It just destroys it.

Short names are pretty accurate for fantasy settings influenced by real world elements.