Crazed Fan "kill" count threshold

Cristalyan.5728

I won't debate here the new map and not even the events. But a certain detail in the Metal Concert event makes me somehow discontent.

It is about the amount of damage you should deal to a Crazed Fan to have it counting towards the "Professional Bouncer" achievement. In this moment, by doing the event everyday I only have 78 Crazed Fans. Today I observed much closer and I found that if you deal under 6,5 k damage the Fan does not count. The 6,5 seems to be the limit.

My problem is that in an +40 players environment, stacking closely, I have no time to deal such a damage. So, if the things will stay as now, I will need around 7 weeks of daily Concert to complete the achievement. I think the concert is OK, but +40 days .... it seems to much.

Is this real or it is only my illusion? Because I have some training in the Labyrinth and I think I know how to hit a mob in order to count as a kill. But the Labyrinth experience seems to not be effective here.

My desire is to see the threshold lowered somewhere to 2,5-3 k damage. In this way more players could achieve the kill and not only the Crazed Fan Hunters, the players playing the event only for this achievement.

Hmm not had much trouble tbh.. I have probably run the event around 6or 7 times and I am sitting at about 150+ kills, predominantly by using an aoe spam flurry from my necro... cant believe I am hitting this 6.5k min dmg on anything as I am literally swapping targets and jump back to events during the meta.

The first 3-4 runs I wasn't even concerned with the crazed fans knowing it was going to be a slower achievement, not actually needed to get the master of ceremony so I am thinking I can pretty much get 30-60+ kills per run now should I care to just focus on them alone.

I noticed this problem also when I was taking a condi heavy alt through the map, I was barely getting any credit at all for crazed fans, compared to using a zerk ranger which was getting credit for everything, so now whenever the band are on I switch alts to a range power class to get the tags. The system is pretty terrible and should be changed so that just tagging a mob with any damage at all would give credit.

I was on power herald using hammer and getting 60-70 kills per meta. All I did was stand on top of the drums, as it provided the best vantage point, and spammed my auto attack. I only needed like two hits to get credit; maybe just one. Every crazed fan appeared to die within 7-10 seconds which is more than enough time for condi classes to get credit. Other option is to simply create/join a squad for that event.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > They do seem a little difficult to get a kill count for.

>

> Yes, took me a while as well thanks to all the Minion Master Necros and "Pew Pew" Rangers present at the event (both pushing the Crazed Fans away from other players, you feel like strangling them for that ;) ).

Yeah that was annoying which was why early on I decided to rely on just ranged attacks. The only ones I couldn’t reach were those that got pulled behind the stands and those at, or further out, from the ramp to the far right.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > They do seem a little difficult to get a kill count for.

>

> Yes, took me a while as well thanks to all the Minion Master Necros and "Pew Pew" Rangers present at the event (both pushing the Crazed Fans away from other players, you feel like strangling them for that ;) ).

I have a minion master necro and have never had a problem getting credit for them... My longbow ranger does pretty well too... Oh, sorry ha ha (those are my 2 mains) :)

However the way how it's counting towards the achievement does have room for improvements but I think the most problem of this are condi spammer necros (aside from the fact that condi is a cheap and unskilled way of playing the game) and stupid bow rangers who don't put their stupid pet on passive. I feel screwed over as someone who always uses top tier raid meta professions and builds (because I don't want to be judged or insulted by my fellow elite hardcore veterans) by these cheap players who just spam stuff rather than having a rotation. Especially when rangers use this obnoxious longbow and you know they're gonna shoot the mobs out of meele reach because they don't get their stuff together. Almost as bad as this are necros who fear stuff out of AoEs... Please use your brain for once and don't do stuff like that. Why spam everything if you can be decent? Then you also don't have to worry about not being picked up in raids because of all the "toxic elitist" people being "mean" to you for only telling you how you can do better. It's even sad to see people with over 20k AP that still don't know how the game works... guess they got carried through everything. *sigh*

But that's not the topic, so let's get back to it: There is room for improvement for this achievement but I also think people could try to pull at least a viable rotation off and actually "git gud". If more people learned how to play then there mustn't be made everything easier. There#s no real hardcore challenge at all in this game to be honest and there will never be if everything is getting easier.

I'm on the last leg, and yes I play a long bow ranger, but I don't knock back mobs in close proximity because I change to double axes for melee, I currently sit at 150 of 250 needed for the last tier..which means I've had no problem so far, and I've most likely only done 5 or 6 concerts at the most....AoE's seem to work well for that one, and when there's the fight that breaks out it can really add up fast(those do count, at least they have for me).

I was not paying attention at first, but then started to watch it for the achievement. I play a necro/minion master, and stand on the bleachers facing the drums (right by the entrance). I hit 'tab' '1' constantly and just throw marks all over the floor. My minions run around on my '1' attack, the marks are hitting a bunch of the crazed fans. My minions bounce around a lot, and I am unsure how much damage I do... but...

I did the concert twice today and got 46 the first concert, and 40 the second (69 to 115, then 115 to 155). So maybe 3 more concerts and I will have my 250. My other main is a longbow/pet ranger, I am not sure how he would do. I may try him tomorrow.