What confuses me, you say you want new skills, but then you say you dont

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> What confuses me, when discussions on getting new weapons and skills come up, many people shoot that down and say more new core weapons will create balance issues so you dont want that.

>

> But then these same people complain about how they want new skills and weapons in an expansion.

>

> So which is it. You want new skills or not?

Yea core weapons and skills will create more balance issues then elite specs in new expansion mate.

Since core can use a mix of all 5 core specs and either of the 2 elites and the elite spec can only mix of 5 cores.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> What confuses me, when discussions on getting new weapons and skills come up, many people shoot that down and say more new core weapons will create balance issues so you dont want that.

>

> But then these same people complain about how they want new skills and weapons in an expansion.

>

> So which is it. You want new skills or not?

It's not the same people and if it is, their reasoning is flawed or prone to personal moods swings not in line with rational arguments why skills make or make no sense.

Also there is a vast difference between new core skills and new elite specializations with weapon and elite skills locked behind a build choice.

You're active enough on the forums with a wide enough range of topics in your posts ranging from help and clarification to new idea posts. You should know some of the other regulars by now.

Speaking only as a non-raiding mostly-PvE player, I don't think new skills is a worthwhile use of their time. I don't even think rebalancing underused skills is a worthwhile use of their time.

You can fill a player's toolbelt with all sorts of new socket wrenches, drills, twenty different types of screwdriver heads, but at the end of the day, if you fill your game almost exclusively with nails, they're just going to stick with the hammer skill, except to mess around.

For the same reason, it doesn't really matter how much you buff up the screwdriver skill, they aren't going to use it until it's better at hammering nails than the hammer skill.

The problems with just wishing for more skills etc is that this game uses skills very specifically to balance and restrict. If you start adding skills in the wrong places, it can escalate badly. Basically it is very important when adding skills, that you add them to the right places, in the right amounts (and power level). This has mostly been done with Elite Spez since 2015, since that stands outside of core, and is exclusive to a spez, meaning it has no impact on other later spez (or core itself).

So people can be against adding skills/weapons to core classes, but for adding new elite spez etc.

Similarly, ANet is specifically not going to add more skills to the game (core), because that was one of their goals with GW2, to avoid the "skill bloat" they ended up with in GW1. So they're likely rather going to keep trying to balance and iterate on the Core skills. And hopefully balance out the Elite Spez some beautiful day around 2030.

And as Perilisk put it so nicely up there, most players only really use the "top dps" options anyways and ignore the rest.