Achievement locked behind rng? Thanks anet

Kameko.8314

> @"ParadoX.3124" said:

> I mean, what is the point to create infusions and skins that only few people can get ?

> This is extra work for devs that could be used elsewhere.

>

> Not so long ago you told us that creating cultural armor sets take way too much time. Then you made some with crazy rng behind it. I don't get it.

I disagree here. There's nothing wrong with having aspirational items in the game. But the implementation needs to be consistent. They shouldn't be tied to conventional content . . .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > >

> > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> >

> > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> >

> > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

>

> it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > >

> > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > >

> > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > >

> > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> >

> > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

>

> Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > >

> > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > >

> > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > >

> > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> >

> > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

>

> Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

>

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

>

> Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

>

> I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement. There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > >

> > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > >

> > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > >

> > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> >

> > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> >

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> >

> > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> >

> > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

>

> Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

>

> Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

Please read the thread . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > >

> > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > >

> > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > >

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > >

> > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > >

> > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> >

> > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> >

> > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

>

> Please read the thread . . .

Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer. The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks. Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > > >

> > > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > > >

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > > >

> > > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > > >

> > > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> > >

> > > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> > Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> > Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> > But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> > >

> > > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> >

> > Please read the thread . . .

>

> Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer.

Which is consistent with precedent. Are you sure you're reading what you're replying to? I cannot emphasize how important that step is. Bc the post you quoted specifically points out that there is and always has been a buffer in the situations we are discussing . . .

>The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks.

Which again supports the theory that this oversight was the product of inattention, which again has been explained previously . . .

>Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

I think you're leading yourself down the same road you did with price the last time. You'll be better able to understand other ppl's perspectives if you can stop yourself from ascribing motivations to them that they don't actually possess . . .

> All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

If you'd like to argue that, you're welcome to, but you'll be wrong ;)

> This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

I think you might have meant unintended? A more generous drop rate would make the item more accessible. Unless you meant whatever drop rate they assign is an accessible drop rate so long as it was the intended drop rate, which I would still disagree with . . .

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Its like they made the node drop instead of this helmet box by accident.

That's a really interesting thought actually. But it doesn't seem likely. I'd like to think they would have realized and corrected it by now if that's all it was . . .

>Let alone the point that devs who decide that something should be this rare of a drop should be fired.

Lol I think you're being a little excessive. Correcting the issue would be a sufficient remedy :p

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> > > >

> > > > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> > > Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > > > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> > > Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > > > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> > > But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > > > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > > > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > > > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> > >

> > > Please read the thread . . .

> >

> > Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer.

> Which is consistent with precedent. Are you sure you're reading what you're replying to? I cannot emphasize how important that step is. Bc the post you quoted specifically points out that there is and always has been a buffer in the situations we are discussing . . .

I was just reiterating it as it’s important.

> >The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks.

> Which again supports the theory that this oversight was the product of inattention, which again has been explained previously . . .

No. They just gave players options.

> >Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

> I think you're leading yourself down the same road you did with price the last time. You'll be better able to understand other ppl's perspectives if you can stop yourself from ascribing motivations to them that they don't actually possess . . .

The meta achievement can be completed without this achievement. The t-shirt can be obtained without this achievement. There’s really no other reason to do it other than for the sake of having it completed.

> > All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

> If you'd like to argue that, you're welcome to, but you'll be wrong ;)

No, I’d be right. Take a look at what accessibility means. Perhaps you meant to use another word? Not every achievement in the game needs to be easy. Players can do the metas for the keys, purchase the keys, or just buy the boxes off the TP if they want to complete the achievement. There’s no reason this has to be easy just because it’s listed under the living story tab instead of the collections tab.

> > This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

> I think you might have meant unintended? A more generous drop rate would make the item more accessible. Unless you meant whatever drop rate they assign is an accessible drop rate so long as it was the intended drop rate, which I would still disagree with . . .

I meant intended which is what I had wrote.

Meh. Got 3 legion skins, the Tshirt, 1 of the weapons and the emote for just playing WvW. Didn't even use any of my stocked potions, just changed it to the reward track and played. Bought the 4th skin from the vendor, and will select the 2nd weapon skin I like once I complete the achievement for doing 3 dailies 15 times.

ANET has been making questionable decisions of late, but it's only a problem if you let it matter, and nothing about this really matters.

I was actually thinking about it this morning, after I finished the Ash meta, how I should just sell my keys instead of trying to accumulate 4 of them for some random chance at something more than 1 Un ID'd rare gear. Once that thought sunk in, I realized how little most of the keys are worth, which means there is little point to doing the metas once you have the achievements........which means I have no reason to even zoning into the map anymore.

The goal ANET should have is to give a player a reason to log in, every day, and spend time on this map. Definitely room for improvement here.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> > > > Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > > > > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> > > > Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > > > > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> > > > But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > > > > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > > > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > > > > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > > > > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> > > >

> > > > Please read the thread . . .

> > >

> > > Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer.

> > Which is consistent with precedent. Are you sure you're reading what you're replying to? I cannot emphasize how important that step is. Bc the post you quoted specifically points out that there is and always has been a buffer in the situations we are discussing . . .

>

> I was just reiterating it as it’s important.

okay great :)

>

>

> > >The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks.

> > Which again supports the theory that this oversight was the product of inattention, which again has been explained previously . . .

>

> No. They just gave players options.

No, any player which completes this achievement would have long since acquired the reward. It's not an option . . .

>

> > >Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

> > I think you're leading yourself down the same road you did with price the last time. You'll be better able to understand other ppl's perspectives if you can stop yourself from ascribing motivations to them that they don't actually possess . . .

>

> The meta achievement can be completed without this achievement. The t-shirt can be obtained without this achievement. There’s really no other reason to do it other than for the sake of having it completed.

How is that relevant to the issue at hand, which . . . again . . . is that anet has established a precedent that they intend for story and festival achievements to be accessible to all players, regardless of whether they are strictly speaking required for completion of the story or festival meta . . ?

> > > All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

> > If you'd like to argue that, you're welcome to, but you'll be wrong ;)

>

> No, I’d be right. Take a look at what accessibility means. Perhaps you meant to use another word?

I think you may be conflating 'accessible' and 'theoretically possible' . . ?

> > > This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

> > I think you might have meant unintended? A more generous drop rate would make the item more accessible. Unless you meant whatever drop rate they assign is an accessible drop rate so long as it was the intended drop rate, which I would still disagree with . . .

>

> I meant intended which is what I had wrote.

>

>

>

Then I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say, which I now understand as 'The achievement is accessible assuming the drop rate was intended'. If in your mind all achievements are accessible regardless of rng, how does whether the drop rate is intended matter? It seems you would continue to hold your current position regardless of drop rate . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > > > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> > > > > Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > > > > > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> > > > > Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > > > > > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> > > > > But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > > > > > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > > > > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > > > > > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > > > > > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> > > > >

> > > > > Please read the thread . . .

> > > >

> > > > Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer.

> > > Which is consistent with precedent. Are you sure you're reading what you're replying to? I cannot emphasize how important that step is. Bc the post you quoted specifically points out that there is and always has been a buffer in the situations we are discussing . . .

> >

> > I was just reiterating it as it’s important.

> okay great :)

> >

> >

> > > >The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks.

> > > Which again supports the theory that this oversight was the product of inattention, which again has been explained previously . . .

> >

> > No. They just gave players options.

> No, any player which completes this achievement would have long since acquired the reward. It's not an option . . .

> >

I was referring to options for the final reward (t-shirt).

> > > >Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

> > > I think you're leading yourself down the same road you did with price the last time. You'll be better able to understand other ppl's perspectives if you can stop yourself from ascribing motivations to them that they don't actually possess . . .

> >

> > The meta achievement can be completed without this achievement. The t-shirt can be obtained without this achievement. There’s really no other reason to do it other than for the sake of having it completed.

> How is that relevant to the issue at hand, which . . . again . . . is that anet has established a precedent that they intend for story and festival achievements to be accessible to all players, regardless of whether they are strictly speaking required for completion of the story or festival meta . . ?

The achievement is accessible. Players can do the four metas every day to obtain the keys or they can buy the keys if they’re limited on time.

> > > > All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

> > > If you'd like to argue that, you're welcome to, but you'll be wrong ;)

> >

> > No, I’d be right. Take a look at what accessibility means. Perhaps you meant to use another word?

> I think you may be conflating 'accessible' and 'theoretically possible' . . ?

No. You’re conflating accessibility with difficulty level of completing it. Never mind that if this achievement were in the collections tab, you’d likely not be complaining about it otherwise you’d be complaining about all of the others.

> > > > This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

> > > I think you might have meant unintended? A more generous drop rate would make the item more accessible. Unless you meant whatever drop rate they assign is an accessible drop rate so long as it was the intended drop rate, which I would still disagree with . . .

> >

> > I meant intended which is what I had wrote.

> >

> >

> >

> Then I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say, which I now understand as 'The achievement is accessible assuming the drop rate was intended'. If in your mind all achievements are accessible regardless of rng, how does whether the drop rate is intended matter? It seems you would continue to hold your current position regardless of drop rate . . .

>

This is what I wrote: “This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.”

Please don’t twist it around. It’s just a disclaimer as my position is based on the current drop rate being intended in relation to completing the achievement. If the drop rate was not intended then it should by all means be fixed.

My stance is that so long as there’s the meta achievement can still be complete, there’s no reason that an achievement that relies on RNG should not exist. Especially when there are so many others just like it without any considerable complaints from players. The only issue seems to stem from it being in the LW story tab rather than the collections tab.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > > > > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> > > > > > Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > > > > > > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> > > > > > Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > > > > > > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> > > > > > But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > > > > > > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > > > > > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > > > > > > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > > > > > > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please read the thread . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer.

> > > > Which is consistent with precedent. Are you sure you're reading what you're replying to? I cannot emphasize how important that step is. Bc the post you quoted specifically points out that there is and always has been a buffer in the situations we are discussing . . .

> > >

> > > I was just reiterating it as it’s important.

> > okay great :)

> > >

> > >

> > > > >The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks.

> > > > Which again supports the theory that this oversight was the product of inattention, which again has been explained previously . . .

> > >

> > > No. They just gave players options.

> > No, any player which completes this achievement would have long since acquired the reward. It's not an option . . .

> > >

>

> I was referring to options for the final reward (t-shirt).

As was I . . .

> > > > >Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

> > > > I think you're leading yourself down the same road you did with price the last time. You'll be better able to understand other ppl's perspectives if you can stop yourself from ascribing motivations to them that they don't actually possess . . .

> > >

> > > The meta achievement can be completed without this achievement. The t-shirt can be obtained without this achievement. There’s really no other reason to do it other than for the sake of having it completed.

> > How is that relevant to the issue at hand, which . . . again . . . is that anet has established a precedent that they intend for story and festival achievements to be accessible to all players, regardless of whether they are strictly speaking required for completion of the story or festival meta . . ?

>

> The achievement is accessible. Players can do the four metas every day to obtain the keys or they can buy the keys if they’re limited on time.

That makes the keys accessible, and the achievement theoretically possible . . .

> > > > > All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

> > > > If you'd like to argue that, you're welcome to, but you'll be wrong ;)

> > >

> > > No, I’d be right. Take a look at what accessibility means. Perhaps you meant to use another word?

> > I think you may be conflating 'accessible' and 'theoretically possible' . . ?

>

> No. You’re conflating accessibility with difficulty level of completing it. Never mind that if this achievement were in the collections tab, you’d likely not be complaining about it otherwise you’d be complaining about all of the others.

I think the main reason we seem to struggle to communicate is that you continue to assign to me these motivations and behaviors that I have shown no signs of exhibiting or possessing. It's as if you're actually having a conversation with some other person. The location of the achievement is intrinsic to my complaint. Ofc changing the facts would change my conclusions. It goes back to that intellectual integrity thing I mentioned earlier. Reason flows from the facts to the conclusion, not vice versa . . .

My complaint is that anet has broken with their own precedent by including an inaccessible cheeve among their story meta. I would like for you to stop now, take a break, think about only this one singular complaint. Don't think about other things that other ppl complain about that might be irritating you, but only about this one thing that I am complaining about. If you feel you can address this issue, I'd be interested in hearing what you might have to say. If you cannot, don't worry about it, no one else seems to be able to either ;)

> > > > > This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

> > > > I think you might have meant unintended? A more generous drop rate would make the item more accessible. Unless you meant whatever drop rate they assign is an accessible drop rate so long as it was the intended drop rate, which I would still disagree with . . .

> > >

> > > I meant intended which is what I had wrote.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > Then I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say, which I now understand as 'The achievement is accessible assuming the drop rate was intended'. If in your mind all achievements are accessible regardless of rng, how does whether the drop rate is intended matter? It seems you would continue to hold your current position regardless of drop rate . . .

> >

>

> This is what I wrote: “This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.”

>

> Please don’t twist it around. It’s just a disclaimer as my position is based on the current drop rate being intended in relation to completing the achievement. If the drop rate was not intended then it should by all means be fixed.

Okay, but why? I'm not trying to twist anything around I'm just trying to understand what you're saying. If you believe everything is accessible regardless of availability, why does whether the drop rate was intended . . ?

> My stance is that so long as there’s the meta achievement can still be complete, there’s no reason that an achievement that relies on RNG should not exist. Especially when there are so many others just like it without any considerable complaints from players. The only issue seems to stem from it being in the LW story tab rather than the collections tab.

Yes, that is the issue, and your stance does not address it. Can you . . ?

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> > > > > > > Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > > > > > > > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> > > > > > > Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > > > > > > > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> > > > > > > But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > > > > > > > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > > > > > > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > > > > > > > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > > > > > > > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Please read the thread . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer.

> > > > > Which is consistent with precedent. Are you sure you're reading what you're replying to? I cannot emphasize how important that step is. Bc the post you quoted specifically points out that there is and always has been a buffer in the situations we are discussing . . .

> > > >

> > > > I was just reiterating it as it’s important.

> > > okay great :)

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks.

> > > > > Which again supports the theory that this oversight was the product of inattention, which again has been explained previously . . .

> > > >

> > > > No. They just gave players options.

> > > No, any player which completes this achievement would have long since acquired the reward. It's not an option . . .

> > > >

> >

> > I was referring to options for the final reward (t-shirt).

> As was I . . .

No. You were referring to the achievement otherwise you’re “It’s not an option” statement makes little sense.

> > > > > >Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

> > > > > I think you're leading yourself down the same road you did with price the last time. You'll be better able to understand other ppl's perspectives if you can stop yourself from ascribing motivations to them that they don't actually possess . . .

> > > >

> > > > The meta achievement can be completed without this achievement. The t-shirt can be obtained without this achievement. There’s really no other reason to do it other than for the sake of having it completed.

> > > How is that relevant to the issue at hand, which . . . again . . . is that anet has established a precedent that they intend for story and festival achievements to be accessible to all players, regardless of whether they are strictly speaking required for completion of the story or festival meta . . ?

> >

> > The achievement is accessible. Players can do the four metas every day to obtain the keys or they can buy the keys if they’re limited on time.

> That makes the keys accessible, and the achievement theoretically possible . . .

Which makes doing that achievement accessible. I don’t particularly feel “accessible” is the right word to be used as you’re more looking towards how easy (in relation to time invested) it is to complete the achievement. That’s different.

> > > > > > All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

> > > > > If you'd like to argue that, you're welcome to, but you'll be wrong ;)

> > > >

> > > > No, I’d be right. Take a look at what accessibility means. Perhaps you meant to use another word?

> > > I think you may be conflating 'accessible' and 'theoretically possible' . . ?

> >

> > No. You’re conflating accessibility with difficulty level of completing it. Never mind that if this achievement were in the collections tab, you’d likely not be complaining about it otherwise you’d be complaining about all of the others.

> I think the main reason we seem to struggle to communicate is that you continue to assign to me these motivations and behaviors that I have shown no signs of exhibiting or possessing. It's as if you're actually having a conversation with some other person. The location of the achievement is intrinsic to my complaint. Ofc changing the facts would change my conclusions. It goes back to that intellectual integrity thing I mentioned earlier. Reason flows from the facts to the conclusion, not vice versa . . .

>

> My complaint is that anet has broken with their own precedent by including an inaccessible cheeve among their story meta. I would like for you to stop now, take a break, think about only this one singular complaint. Don't think about other things that other ppl complain about that might be irritating you, but only about this one thing that I am complaining about. If you feel you can address this issue, I'd be interested in hearing what you might have to say. If you cannot, don't worry about it, no one else seems to be able to either ;)

The achievement is accessible which I have said the past two or so posts since you started making that claim. You claim that they can’t have an achievement like this in the LW story tab because it hasn’t been done before. This doesn’t matter as there’s no rule stating that they cannot. Just because they haven’t done something in the past doesn’t mean they’re forbidden to do it in the future.

I assign those motivations because that’s all that’s really left. The achievement reward is available through other means. It contributes towards the meta achievement but is not required. The only other complaint is that it’d be an unfinished achievement in the living story tab. Why does it matter if it is unfinished? Others in the thread have stated they like to see every one completed. Others have stated they would have had no issue if it were in the collections tab as there are others exactly like it there. The only difference between those and this one is that this one resides on the living story tab.

> > > > > > This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

> > > > > I think you might have meant unintended? A more generous drop rate would make the item more accessible. Unless you meant whatever drop rate they assign is an accessible drop rate so long as it was the intended drop rate, which I would still disagree with . . .

> > > >

> > > > I meant intended which is what I had wrote.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Then I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say, which I now understand as 'The achievement is accessible assuming the drop rate was intended'. If in your mind all achievements are accessible regardless of rng, how does whether the drop rate is intended matter? It seems you would continue to hold your current position regardless of drop rate . . .

> > >

> >

> > This is what I wrote: “This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.”

> >

> > Please don’t twist it around. It’s just a disclaimer as my position is based on the current drop rate being intended in relation to completing the achievement. If the drop rate was not intended then it should by all means be fixed.

> Okay, but why? I'm not trying to twist anything around I'm just trying to understand what you're saying. If you believe everything is accessible regardless of availability, why does whether the drop rate was intended . . ?

My statement was not about accessibility. It was about the overall stance that I find nothing wrong with this achievement. It’s functioning just like the others of its kind.

> > My stance is that so long as there’s the meta achievement can still be complete, there’s no reason that an achievement that relies on RNG should not exist. Especially when there are so many others just like it without any considerable complaints from players. The only issue seems to stem from it being in the LW story tab rather than the collections tab.

> Yes, that is the issue, and your stance does not address it. Can you . . ?

>

>

It does. You just don’t agree with it.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The vast majority of [Collections](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collections) achievements are locked behind RNG. How is this at all any different, let alone worse?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > It's part of the story meta . . .

> > > > > > > > > > > > > But not explicitly required. Unlike War Eternal's meta achievement, this one has leeway. You need to complete 57 out of 69 available achievements for the meta. That's 12 achievements you can ignore for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It may count to the story meta, but it by no means is needed for it.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > it's actually 54 of 72, but other than that yes I'm happy to see that you agree with my point. It's unfortunate that anet does not . . .

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Is it not, actually, 54 of 76? Or are there others, of the 77 possible, besides 'Meet Your Imperator', that do not count towards the Story Journal Meta?

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure what your point is that ArenaNet does not agree with; that it's optional, and thus no one needs to it to complete the Story Journal Meta? Pretty sure that's agreed upon by all. Or should be, as that's a fact.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Seventy-two of the seventy-six story cheeves for this episode are available for the meta. I would again encourage you to read the post immediately above your initial post in this thread, which would have answered these questions for you . . .

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Does it actually matter how many available achievements there are? There’s a buffer so that collection achievement that some players are throwing a fuss about isn’t required for the meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Again, understanding the complaint is crucial to providing a constructive reply. The fact that a buffer exists makes the current situation similar to precedent, not different . . .

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I point this out bc I recall your having a similar difficulty the last time this issue arose with the sigil of nullification collection, where you kept insisting the complaint was about price rather than accepting the actual motivations of those making the complaint . . .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Complaint was about price as there wouldn’t be an issue if people only had to spend a gold. That’s a different topic though so I won’t go further on it in this thread.

> > > > > > > > Complaint was about accessibility, as it is here. Price was incidental to accessibility, as it is likely to become here . . .

> > > > > > > > > This achievement is no different than any of the others with RNG with the exception of it being under the LW episode tab rather than in collections and giving credit towards the episode’s meta achievement.

> > > > > > > > Yes, you have correctly identified the problem, which is a step that I sincerely appreciate . . .

> > > > > > > > > There’s a fairly large buffer so not all achievements need to be completed. Having OCD isn’t an excuse to modify an achievement.

> > > > > > > > But then you've taken a step backwards here. The complaint is about the inconsistency. Intellectual integrity is a thing. There has always been a buffer when anet has made these nerfs in the past, and they chose to make them anyway, with the rationale that they want those story and festival achievements to be accessible to everyone. It is perhaps worth noting that I was always opposed to those nerfs and absent precedent would be opposed to any modification here as well. BUT, since I realize the game is not designed for me personally I accepted anet's justification. Discovering that justification to be a lie would be understandably distressing. Discovering that the error was the result of inattention would would also be alarming, though less so . . .

> > > > > > > > > @"Cynder.2509" said:

> > > > > > > > > Hate to disappoint you but there were collections of this kind before.

> > > > > > > > > For example the Treasure Hunter achievement collection: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

> > > > > > > > > Still trying to get items like Pendant of Arah even to this day. None of these ever dropped for me but at least I'm lucky enough to get precursors.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Edit: If you really want the T Shirt then you can buy it for 200 chili and 5g from a merchant in Grothmar Valley

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Please read the thread . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Meta achievement can be completed as there’s a buffer.

> > > > > > Which is consistent with precedent. Are you sure you're reading what you're replying to? I cannot emphasize how important that step is. Bc the post you quoted specifically points out that there is and always has been a buffer in the situations we are discussing . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > I was just reiterating it as it’s important.

> > > > okay great :)

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >The t-shirt can be purchased with map currency or obtained through reward tracks.

> > > > > > Which again supports the theory that this oversight was the product of inattention, which again has been explained previously . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > No. They just gave players options.

> > > > No, any player which completes this achievement would have long since acquired the reward. It's not an option . . .

> > > > >

> > >

> > > I was referring to options for the final reward (t-shirt).

> > As was I . . .

>

> No. You were referring to the achievement otherwise you’re “It’s not an option” statement makes little sense.

No, I was referring to the reward, which is the T-shirt. Exactly what I said was 'any player which completes this achievement would have long since acquired the reward. It's not an option'. Meaning that acquiring the reward through the collection is not an option as it would have already been acquired via one of the other means. Afaik it's not even consumable for karma like the emote . . .

> > > > > > >Needing to be able to easily complete every single achievement for an episode because of OCD is not an excuse to nerf it.

> > > > > > I think you're leading yourself down the same road you did with price the last time. You'll be better able to understand other ppl's perspectives if you can stop yourself from ascribing motivations to them that they don't actually possess . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > The meta achievement can be completed without this achievement. The t-shirt can be obtained without this achievement. There’s really no other reason to do it other than for the sake of having it completed.

> > > > How is that relevant to the issue at hand, which . . . again . . . is that anet has established a precedent that they intend for story and festival achievements to be accessible to all players, regardless of whether they are strictly speaking required for completion of the story or festival meta . . ?

> > >

> > > The achievement is accessible. Players can do the four metas every day to obtain the keys or they can buy the keys if they’re limited on time.

> > That makes the keys accessible, and the achievement theoretically possible . . .

>

> Which makes doing that achievement accessible. I don’t particularly feel “accessible” is the right word to be used as you’re more looking towards how easy (in relation to time invested) it is to complete the achievement. That’s different.

I'm using accessible the way anet uses it when they discuss nerfing achievements . . .

> > > > > > > All achievements are accessible. An achievement relying on RNG does not mean it lacks accessibility.

> > > > > > If you'd like to argue that, you're welcome to, but you'll be wrong ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > No, I’d be right. Take a look at what accessibility means. Perhaps you meant to use another word?

> > > > I think you may be conflating 'accessible' and 'theoretically possible' . . ?

> > >

> > > No. You’re conflating accessibility with difficulty level of completing it. Never mind that if this achievement were in the collections tab, you’d likely not be complaining about it otherwise you’d be complaining about all of the others.

> > I think the main reason we seem to struggle to communicate is that you continue to assign to me these motivations and behaviors that I have shown no signs of exhibiting or possessing. It's as if you're actually having a conversation with some other person. The location of the achievement is intrinsic to my complaint. Ofc changing the facts would change my conclusions. It goes back to that intellectual integrity thing I mentioned earlier. Reason flows from the facts to the conclusion, not vice versa . . .

> >

> > My complaint is that anet has broken with their own precedent by including an inaccessible cheeve among their story meta. I would like for you to stop now, take a break, think about only this one singular complaint. Don't think about other things that other ppl complain about that might be irritating you, but only about this one thing that I am complaining about. If you feel you can address this issue, I'd be interested in hearing what you might have to say. If you cannot, don't worry about it, no one else seems to be able to either ;)

>

> The achievement is accessible which I have said the past two or so posts since you started making that claim. You claim that they can’t have an achievement like this in the LW story tab because it hasn’t been done before.

PROGRESS ! ! !

You've completely misunderstood the complaint. If you'll go back and read through the thread you should discover that in the past, when story or festival cheeves have been 'too difficult' anet has nerfed them, specifically saying they were doing so to make them more accessible as they intend that content to be accessible to everyone. So it's not that it hasn't been done before (which would be 'unprecedented') but that when it has been done, it has been corrected (which creates a 'precedent'). I am pleased that I was able to correct this misunderstanding and hope that it leads to more meaningful replies from you as we continue :)

> This doesn’t matter as there’s no rule stating that they cannot.

This is incorrect, as we've just discovered . . .

> Just because they haven’t done something in the past doesn’t mean they’re forbidden to do it in the future.

Certainly true, but not applicable to this situation which has in fact existed before . . .

>

> I assign those motivations because that’s all that’s really left.

Only bc you insist on ignoring my stated motivation, to an almost comic degree at this point :p

> The achievement reward is available through other means. It contributes towards the meta achievement but is not required. The only other complaint is that it’d be an unfinished achievement in the living story tab. Why does it matter if it is unfinished? Others in the thread have stated they like to see every one completed. Others have stated they would have had no issue if it were in the collections tab as there are others exactly like it there. The only difference between those and this one is that this one resides on the living story tab.

>

> > > > > > > This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.

> > > > > > I think you might have meant unintended? A more generous drop rate would make the item more accessible. Unless you meant whatever drop rate they assign is an accessible drop rate so long as it was the intended drop rate, which I would still disagree with . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > I meant intended which is what I had wrote.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > Then I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say, which I now understand as 'The achievement is accessible assuming the drop rate was intended'. If in your mind all achievements are accessible regardless of rng, how does whether the drop rate is intended matter? It seems you would continue to hold your current position regardless of drop rate . . .

> > > >

> > >

> > > This is what I wrote: “This of course assuming the drop rate was intended.”

> > >

> > > Please don’t twist it around. It’s just a disclaimer as my position is based on the current drop rate being intended in relation to completing the achievement. If the drop rate was not intended then it should by all means be fixed.

> > Okay, but why? I'm not trying to twist anything around I'm just trying to understand what you're saying. If you believe everything is accessible regardless of availability, why does whether the drop rate was intended . . ?

>

> My statement was not about accessibility. It was about the overall stance that I find nothing wrong with this achievement. It’s functioning just like the others of its kind.

So I am correct in understanding that the drop rate is irrelevant in your mind? That's all I was trying to get at . . .

> > > My stance is that so long as there’s the meta achievement can still be complete, there’s no reason that an achievement that relies on RNG should not exist. Especially when there are so many others just like it without any considerable complaints from players. The only issue seems to stem from it being in the LW story tab rather than the collections tab.

> > Yes, that is the issue, and your stance does not address it. Can you . . ?

> >

> >

>

> It does. You just don’t agree with it.

I cannot disagree with it, as I am not aware of it. Perhaps you could illuminate . . ?

> > @"Kameko.8314" said:

> As for having (a very few) items/achievements that can't be gotten guaranteed in the space of 2 weeks, you probably have to thank your fellow players for that who have been crying "new episodes only ever last for two hours" quite loudly.

The people whom you say "cry" about the Episodes only last 2 hours,. I believe are towards the actual story content, which in my opinion should be longer.

I think there should be more playable content in the actual episodes that extend the episodes. Like in GW1 you had to have a party to go through the story and actually play content that took time to do.

It's the after content that I believe is being referred to here, All the AP"s and meta events are used to keep players on the maps.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> No, I was referring to the reward, which is the T-shirt. Exactly what I said was 'any player which completes this achievement would have long since acquired the reward. It's not an option'. Meaning that acquiring the reward through the collection is not an option as it would have already been acquired via one of the other means. Afaik it's not even consumable for karma like the emote . . .

They'd have to make the decision to do the reward tracks or purchase it. It's not automatic as there's still choice involved. They can choose to neither of those and go for completing the achievement. It may take longer but it's still an option.

> I'm using accessible the way anet uses it when they discuss nerfing achievements . . .

Examples?

> PROGRESS ! ! !

>

> You've completely misunderstood the complaint. If you'll go back and read through the thread you should discover that in the past, when story or festival cheeves have been 'too difficult' anet has nerfed them, specifically saying they were doing so to make them more accessible as they intend that content to be accessible to everyone. So it's not that it hasn't been done before (which would be 'unprecedented') but that when it has been done, it has been corrected (which creates a 'precedent'). I am pleased that I was able to correct this misunderstanding and hope that it leads to more meaningful replies from you as we continue :)

>

It was a festival achievement that got nerfed which was the beetle one last Halloween. The reason this was done because it was either do the beetle one or the JP to complete the meta achievement. In order for the achievement being argued about to fall under the same situation, it would have had to be required but it's not. It's its own standalone achievement which happens to give credit towards the meta achievement. Accessibility doesn't mean nerf something so it's easy to complete quickly and gets rewards quicker.

> > This doesn’t matter as there’s no rule stating that they cannot.

> This is incorrect, as we've just discovered . . .

What you listed is not a rule... There's nothing stating that all LW story achievements must be easily achievable. In this case, easily would refer to quickly.

> > Just because they haven’t done something in the past doesn’t mean they’re forbidden to do it in the future.

> Certainly true, but not applicable to this situation which has in fact existed before . . .

> >

Very much still applicable.

> > I assign those motivations because that’s all that’s really left.

> Only bc you insist on ignoring my stated motivation, to an almost comic degree at this point :p

Nope. If it were in the collections tab you wouldn't care. You only care because it's in the LW story tab and you're under some assumption that all LW achievements must be easily and quickly achievable.

> So I am correct in understanding that the drop rate is irrelevant in your mind? That's all I was trying to get at . . .

I see that nothing is wrong with the achievement with how it currently is. If Anet had made a mistake with the drop rate then obviously it should be fixed.

> > > > My stance is that so long as there’s the meta achievement can still be complete, there’s no reason that an achievement that relies on RNG should not exist. Especially when there are so many others just like it without any considerable complaints from players. The only issue seems to stem from it being in the LW story tab rather than the collections tab.

> > > Yes, that is the issue, and your stance does not address it. Can you . . ?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It does. You just don’t agree with it.

> I cannot disagree with it, as I am not aware of it. Perhaps you could illuminate . . ?

Read my posts.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Ok, sure. Whatever you say.

>

> I'm sorry, but if you don't want to take the time to read and understand what you are replying to, I don't think it can be persuasively argued that the fault for that lies with me :)

Seems there is no winning here whether one disagrees or agrees.

I hope ArenaNet can figure out the point, and well, agrees or disagrees...whichever it is that is looked for.

Best of luck.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Nope. If it were in the collections tab you wouldn't care. You only care because it's in the LW story tab and you're under some assumption that all LW achievements must be easily and quickly achievable.

You keep stating this, which is great, as it is the point, but then you don't address it. You ask for examples, then provide them yourself. It is clear that you are aware of anet's policy, you just don't like it. Well that's great too, I don't like it either. The main difference seems to be that I can accept that it exists . . .

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Ok, sure. Whatever you say.

> >

> > I'm sorry, but if you don't want to take the time to read and understand what you are replying to, I don't think it can be persuasively argued that the fault for that lies with me :)

>

> Seems there is no winning here whether one disagrees or agrees.

> I hope ArenaNet can figure out the point, and well, agrees or disagrees...whichever it is that is looked for.

>

> Best of luck.

Sry? All I asked you to do was read a post . . .