A few loose thoughts about the game, help please!

So, i came from ff 14 and played gw 2 and wow and whatnot, etc etc, we all know the mmorpg genre type of game is becoming less and less, or thats just how it feels to me, as an option for most players, i love gw 2 but i always had trouble getting into it, i did try a lot of what gw2 has to offer, i managed to do fractals up to 100, never cleared the challenge modes, i tried raiding a few times i guess, but i've always been more of a person to want to start a guild and have fun with some friends, but the impression i got everytime i login into gw2, is that the game seems to be getting lower and lower on players, i usually just go for mmorpgs where i know the player base is a garantee, where i do not struggle to find players to do what the game throws at me, so is any of you having that feeling, i do love the game do not get me wrong, love the fact the raid system is the way it is, it keeps the same dificult no matter how many patches come, it's stable and you always need to do your part, also love the fact raiding schedules isnt much of a thing in gw 2, but does it feel like that finding players is starting to become really hard, is it still worth investing time in gw 2, can any1 share a more deep perspective in this, is the game ok, is it worth trying it one more time, i'de really apreciate the feedback! Ty vm!

I might as well keep it in this post as i have several questions, i noticed all they do now is release living stories, i mean i do not dislike them, but i guess they ain't adopting the release a new expansion at all, i do see a lot of skins being added into the monetization of the game, i mean it ain't bad, but uh is the living stories up to par with the expansion releases, i really enjoyed the HoT and PoF expansions, whish we would get more of the same but oh well._..

One important thing to know about finding people to play with in this game: the Looking For Group Tool is not just for dungeons, it's used for everything in the game and is the main way of finding groups for open-world meta events.

The game uses a mega server system where maps are shared between all servers in a region and there will be as many copies of a map as required. Which means if you load into a map just as a big timed event chain is starting you're very likely to end up in a brand new copy of the map with very few people and it may look like no one wants to do that event. But if you check the LFG you'll probably find groups for it and then you'll be able to join one of them, right click the squad/party icon for someone in the right map and select 'Join in [map name]' to be pulled into their copy of the map, where there will be a lot more people. Ideally you want to start looking for a group before an event is due to start, potentially up to 30 minutes before for popular ones because maps can fill up quickly.

> @"Hugedeal.5426" said:

> I might as well keep it in this post as i have several questions, i noticed all they do now is release living stories, i mean i do not dislike them, but i guess they ain't adopting the release a new expansion at all, i do see a lot of skins being added into the monetization of the game, i mean it ain't bad, but uh is the living stories up to par with the expansion releases, i really enjoyed the HoT and PoF expansions, whish we would get more of the same but oh well._..

If you've got Path of Fire you can try the latest release yourself, because it's unlocked for free on your account. Although I don't think that's really representative of a typical living world episode because the map is more like a very spread out town than the battlegrounds we're usually in. But if you've logged in during the release period for any previous episodes you'll have those unlocked too and can try them out.

Personally I think a living story season basically adds up to the same as an expansion, at least in terms of story, maps, PvE rewards etc. but I know some people absolutely disagree, or think the only important part of an expansion is the new mechanics and elite specalisations and without those any release is irrelevant, so I guess it really depends on what parts of the game you're interested in.

depends which part of the game u play, the recent spam of festivals + new LS chapters drag too much people from regular PVE maps/content. I play a lot of Pvp which is the part of the game with the lowest population numbers, and didnt noticed any dry of population. the qeues just regular time from 2 min to 5 min.