Named sunspear weapons for elite spec collections

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @Wanze.8410 said:

> > > @solarisnox.8521 said:

> >

> > > 'm not paying 90g for a weapon that I should not be forced to buy from the tp for some ridiculously over inflated price.

> > >

> > > This is not a "prestige" item, it's an elite spec weapon which should be challenging, but not impossible, to obtain.

> > >

> >

> > You are not forced to buy these from the tp, you can get them through regular gameplay. If you are not content with your personal droprate for these weapons, try buffing up your magic find before IDing gear. Someone with 1000% mf will identify 10 times more exotic weapons than someone with no magic find at all.

> >

> > It isnt impossible to obtain and for most players, 100g isnt even a challenge to earn within a week

>

> If "most players" were to go the TP route, 100g wouldn't be anywhere close to what the price would end up as.

nowhere close to 100g is still not impossible to obtain, which OP claimed

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Sarrs.4831 said:

> What I find peculiar is that the named weapons which *aren't* espec weapons are worth like 5g and the specialization weapons are worth so much.

>

> I suppose it's to be expected, but I still find it a little funny.

And also many classes share the weapon type, so even less weapons have really some value.

> > @Wanze.8410 said:

> > > @solarisnox.8521 said:

> >

> > > 'm not paying 90g for a weapon that I should not be forced to buy from the tp for some ridiculously over inflated price.

> > >

> > > This is not a "prestige" item, it's an elite spec weapon which should be challenging, but not impossible, to obtain.

> > >

> >

> > You are not forced to buy these from the tp, you can get them through regular gameplay. If you are not content with your personal droprate for these weapons, try buffing up your magic find before IDing gear. Someone with 1000% mf will identify 10 times more exotic weapons than someone with no magic find at all.

> >

> > It isnt impossible to obtain and for most players, 100g isnt even a challenge to earn within a week

>

> If "most players" were to go the TP route, 100g wouldn't be anywhere close to what the price would end up as.

Very true. The price is only where it is because most aren't willing to spend 100g. Enough are, of course, that's why the prices are rising.

As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections. I find it very demotivating when I hit this kind of dead end. So my choice is to give hundreds of gold to 6 random people blessed by RNGesus, continue to buy thousands of pieces of unidentified gear from random people on the TP or hope that it'll drop from some of the bags I get if I play. Yeah. Or just give up.

ArenaNet need to fix this and not create collections based on obtaining random exotics through drops (or more likely) the TP again.

> As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

Where's the issue?

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > @Wanze.8410 said:

> > > > @solarisnox.8521 said:

> > >

> > > > 'm not paying 90g for a weapon that I should not be forced to buy from the tp for some ridiculously over inflated price.

> > > >

> > > > This is not a "prestige" item, it's an elite spec weapon which should be challenging, but not impossible, to obtain.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You are not forced to buy these from the tp, you can get them through regular gameplay. If you are not content with your personal droprate for these weapons, try buffing up your magic find before IDing gear. Someone with 1000% mf will identify 10 times more exotic weapons than someone with no magic find at all.

> > >

> > > It isnt impossible to obtain and for most players, 100g isnt even a challenge to earn within a week

> >

> > If "most players" were to go the TP route, 100g wouldn't be anywhere close to what the price would end up as.

>

> Very true. The price is only where it is because most aren't willing to spend 100g. Enough are, of course, that's why the prices are rising.

>

> As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections. I find it very demotivating when I hit this kind of dead end. So my choice is to give hundreds of gold to 6 random people blessed by RNGesus, continue to buy thousands of pieces of unidentified gear from random people on the TP or hope that it'll drop from some of the bags I get if I play. Yeah. Or just give up.

>

> ArenaNet need to fix this and not create collections based on obtaining random exotics through drops (or more likely) the TP again.

you could have bid 2 of em with the same golds lol

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

>

> Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

>

> Where's the issue?

Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> >

> > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> >

> > Where's the issue?

>

> Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

>

> Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > >

> > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > >

> > > Where's the issue?

> >

> > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> >

> > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

>

> These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

Builds aren't required for your gameplay. You don't need skills and traits. You can just run around town flapping your wings and go "pew pew!"

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > > >

> > > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > > >

> > > > Where's the issue?

> > >

> > > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> > >

> > > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> >

> > These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

>

> Builds aren't required for your gameplay. You don't need skills and traits. You can just run around town flapping your wings and go "pew pew!"

Thank the six skills and traits are actually free so you don't have to buy them from TP :)

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > >

> > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > >

> > > Where's the issue?

> >

> > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> >

> > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

>

> These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > > >

> > > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> > >

> > > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> >

> > These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

>

> Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

>

> You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

Point is, you expect it to be cheap or even free. It's not. You can gamble with unid gear or buy it from TP. Imagine if they were accountbound.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

>

> You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

I always found that counter argument to be the weakest argument ever brought up. It’s optional as it has no impact on the game itself.

> @jwaz.1908 said:

> The POF specialzation weapon collections are already a lot easier than the HOT counterparts, requiring a lot less map-specific currencies as well as meta event time-gating, and you want them to be even easier?

It's not that they're not easy, it's that they're too ****ing expensive.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > > > >

> > > > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > > > >

> > > > > Where's the issue?

> > > >

> > > > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> > > >

> > > > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> > >

> > > These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

> >

> > Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

> >

> > You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

>

> I always found that counter argument to be the weakest argument ever brought up. It’s optional as it has no impact on the game itself.

but then the entire game is optional

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > > > >

> > > > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> > > >

> > > > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> > >

> > > These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

> >

> > Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

> >

> > You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

>

> Point is, you expect it to be cheap or even free. It's not. You can gamble with unid gear or buy it from TP. Imagine if they were accountbound.

No I don't, I expect it to be a reward from doing some specific activity in game.

> @Wanze.8410 said:

> You are not forced to buy these from the tp, you can get them through regular gameplay. If you are not content with your personal droprate for these weapons, try buffing up your magic find before IDing gear. Someone with 1000% mf will identify 10 times more exotic weapons than someone with no magic find at all.

>

> It isnt impossible to obtain and for most players, 100g isnt even a challenge to earn within a week

Did you neglect to notice the first part of my post? the part about opening literally thousands of unidentified rare gear and not getting a single named weapon drop? Did you fail to notice that the price of them on the tp continues to go up and up and up, and the supply keeps not going up? The point is not about whether it's a challenge to obtain 100g, the point is that I shouldn't HAVE to, and I shouldn't have to open 500 million bags to get one, either. This is not something that should rely on chance, it's a *profession specific* item, I should be able to craft it or get it through some manner of repeatable content. Otherwise, if I want to complete the collection, yes I am in fact being Forced to buy them from the tp at grossly over-inflated prices.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where's the issue?

> > > > >

> > > > > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> > > >

> > > > These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

> > >

> > > Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

> > >

> > > You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

> >

> > Point is, you expect it to be cheap or even free. It's not. You can gamble with unid gear or buy it from TP. Imagine if they were accountbound.

>

> No I don't, I expect it to be a reward from doing some specific activity in game.

on the other hand, making it tradable makes you choose whatever activity you like and get gold (or drop) from there

> @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where's the issue?

> > > > >

> > > > > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> > > >

> > > > These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

> > >

> > > Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

> > >

> > > You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

> >

> > I always found that counter argument to be the weakest argument ever brought up. It’s optional as it has no impact on the game itself.

>

> but then the entire game is optional

And? Of course the entire game is optional so what’s your point? Exaggerating an argument to the point of ridiculousness in the way you just did doesn’t accomplish anything.

Completing those collections are optional as you only lose out on the associated skins and AP. None of these are required in any way to actually play the game. The ascended weapons themselves can still be crafted.

> @Wanze.8410 said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > @Wanze.8410 said:

> > > > @solarisnox.8521 said:

> > >

> > > > 'm not paying 90g for a weapon that I should not be forced to buy from the tp for some ridiculously over inflated price.

> > > >

> > > > This is not a "prestige" item, it's an elite spec weapon which should be challenging, but not impossible, to obtain.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You are not forced to buy these from the tp, you can get them through regular gameplay. If you are not content with your personal droprate for these weapons, try buffing up your magic find before IDing gear. Someone with 1000% mf will identify 10 times more exotic weapons than someone with no magic find at all.

> > >

> > > It isnt impossible to obtain and for most players, 100g isnt even a challenge to earn within a week

> >

> > If "most players" were to go the TP route, 100g wouldn't be anywhere close to what the price would end up as.

>

> nowhere close to 100g is still not impossible to obtain, which OP claimed

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Point is, you expect it to be cheap or even free. It's not. You can gamble with unid gear or buy it from TP. Imagine if they were accountbound.

Actully, you're missing the point entirely, or refusing to see it, which would suggest that you and that other guy are people with named sunspear exotics on the tp which you are trying to extort other players for.

It is not about wanting it for free.

The point is, as an elite spec profession specific item, with achievements tied to it, it should not be gated behind someone else's luck and greed.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > > As for me, between yesterday and this morning I opened over 4500 bags with 500% magic find and got none of the weapons needed for collections.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Raw value of selling these without identification is around 50g+ What you got from identifying and salvaging is probably worth more getting you even closer to 100g needed for buying it from TP. So if your RNG is not working for you, you can always buy it with gold you make while hunting for these exotics.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Where's the issue?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Erm. The issue is that they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play. It's not about whether I recouped my losses from buying those 4500 bags (I didn't, btw, down a little gold but not much). Or even the time wasted in opening that junk.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also you know you need more than one weapon to complete the collections, of course. You need 6, ~100g will get you one. Quick maths will tell you roughly what to expect for the others.

> > > > >

> > > > > These collections are not essential for your gameplay. They offer ascended weapon with unique skin, it's only your choice to make them. They are not required in any way, just like you don't require precursor in this game to play it. If you can't afford spec weapon, craft cheapest ascended counterpart needed for your build.

> > > >

> > > > Oh the "you don't need to do it" argument. You don't _need_ to do _anything_ in this game. Therefore _everything_ is fine. Right.

> > > >

> > > > You may buy that but personally I've always thought that was the weakest argument ever brought up (time and again) on these forums and once again completely ignores the point. Also, I could buy them on the TP, I have the gold but again that's ignoring the point that "they gated a collection through a low drop exotic that will likely have to be bought on the TP rather than earned through play".

> > >

> > > Point is, you expect it to be cheap or even free. It's not. You can gamble with unid gear or buy it from TP. Imagine if they were accountbound.

> >

> > No I don't, I expect it to be a reward from doing some specific activity in game.

>

> on the other hand, making it tradable makes you choose whatever activity you like and get gold (or drop) from there

Yeah, again, I expect it to be a reward from doing a _specific_ activity, something pertinent to the collection. Not general farming but if you're happy with that then more power to you.

> @solarisnox.8521 said:

> This is not something that should rely on chance, it's a *profession specific* item, I should be able to craft it or get it through some manner of repeatable content. Otherwise, if I want to complete the collection, yes I am in fact being Forced to buy them from the tp at grossly over-inflated prices.

not all of them are profession specific because they count for two profession collections and they arent even items, just their skin is specific to the profession.

And they are available through repeatable content (basically any PoF content), it just seems you havent done enough repeats.

Raiders had to wait over a year to finish their collections.