Most broken POF elite spec

Coolguy.8702

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vitali, you allready say it: scourge works more with range, this will be good for wvw. For pvp the range is allready well enouth, but you force a large and mid range dmg to a point fight. Cause of this the scourge has a lidle bether range dmg, but loose much meele dmg + spikes. Means you still can´t finish from range or hit someone harder that tries to escape, but you cant do much more then using your elite if someone force the meele.

We got now a new, old gameplay from necro. But for pvp the new gameplay, will outused by other classes => means the new speciality isn´t well enouth for there, it also means it is a bether alternative to a build that played allready this way, but didn´t had the elite spec.

For explain: if we look at the actually meta, it´s nothing else then the old reaper that played with the wrong line. Cause soul reaping was allready the worser traitline for reaper (Spite makes him to a real dmgdealer)=> he loosed the vulerability what gives again much dmg ingrees for all teamfighters, the might and the shrout spike (enter, skill 2 for kite and out => gg you did weakness, 2stacks bleed, cripple, blind, retaliation, 3 booncoruppt (the mid traitline woud corrupt 2 more btw on your last hit!) and your out of meelerange with a low posibility to get hit by range skills :#, all 11 seconds) or the smaller cd on condibacks, so less presure for more tankiness that you also can get by using a other amulett? xD

Means soul reaping was allready worse for the Reaper, but now with the scourge we have a spec that synergies bether with it. Otherwise you also cant play scourch with spite cause it makes him a worser reaper.

Btw thats why i said they have the same dmg, if we play reaper with soul reaping we loose so much dmg and gain only more tankyness for our 1v1 (well you are as reaper allready a bad duellist so why try to play that instead of playing a teamfighter?)

If one of the metabattle creators read that and prof it, it will be the final meta. Without it, the meta will stay on scourch cause he is *ofc* bether then the old reaper meta. Oh and yeah metabattle do a really good job! it´s one of the small mistakes and normally they are really close or allready on the best builds.

> @"xp eke xp.6724" said:

> snip

I was only pointing out the differences of Reaper and Scourge's burst, cover condition and survivability. So you are right with, _"the meta will stay on scourge cause he is ofc bether then the old reaper meta"_ but not for different aspects but cause Scourge solves many Reaper's survivability problems.

Ex. While once a thief could have simply killed Reapers with only pulmonary-headshots it will be harder with a Scourge, thanks to the fx instant cast (lack of stability semifix), while other classes could have sustained fights with boons while weakening the Reaper with conditions now the Scourge can corrupt their boons more frequently while also gaining boons/cleansing and regain life force while doing so, it have traits to corrupt AoE from range without have to cripple survivability taking Boon Corrupt as Utility (and get "free" corruption from punisments) while Reapers have to cripple their survivability for corruption's sake and the list could go on..

Its not that with this post I want my main nerfed but for a PvP perspective all professions should be balanced, right?

If a paper can become a paperscissorock its time to give to some classes some lizards and Spocks.

Scourge is by far the most OP spec right now.

I have never played necro (been here since the 2012 headstart). I made a scourge just for kicks and I am platinum ranked and regularly 1v2 in matches. Heck if the 3rd one isn't that good I also 1v3.

That is just wrong - first no class should 1v2 or 1v3 with ease and, much less, in the hands of a first time player that practically doesn't know what most traits do.

It needs to be toned down ASAP. I would actually suggest not to nerf it into oblivion, but reducing the condi application (but perhaps with longer duration) and making the barrier skills lower in base value but with a higher Healing Power scaling would probably do enough. (Plus a tell of longer CD on shade skills as well - heck even just a longer CD to recast the summon shade would help a lot for kiting purposes).

Spell breaker comes as a close second, but the issue there is with full counter - balance it with a longer CD would probably already fix it a lot (not sure if a damage or condi application nerf is needed).

Weaver and Renegade I feel are the biggest failures in the new elite specs. Seeing one in the team, however rare, is the equivalent of doing a 4v5 match in most cases.

Yeah! ANET should remove barrier from necromancer, decrease number of shades to 1 without ammo system and decrease number of targets shade can hit to 3, remove booncorrupt and set casttimes from shade skills to 2 sec. finally give him **nothing else for that.**

...to brake it down....

everything all the people who dont play this class are wishing...

that would be funny... \(-.-)/

btw...

EVERY necro since 5 years is NOT wishing for MORE dmg and aoes. we everytime were wishing for blocks, mobility and stability-> more sustain maybe less dmg for that.

But the wise man from anet say, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, give him MOOOORE DMG, because players DONT KNOW HOW TO balance classes, and give necros LEEEEESSSS SUSTAIN....

and now?

everyone is crying about the massive necro bombs. necros are crying because of less sustain...

why not giving necros more sustain (because scourge dont have shroud) with blocks , mobility, stability.... and take out dmg???? like every fucking player in this game is saying since 5 years???????????

maybe the GODS OF ANET will listen to the undeserving players. because the undeserving players told anet since years that this will happen...

While scourge is certainly OPAF due to the insane amount of damage it pumps out for how long it survives (it should be able to be bursted down as fast as a pp thief for its dps level), spellbreakers just have too much invuln, block, stab, resistance (and its pulsing not one long duration that can get corrupted to punish), and damage such that they completely warp rotations because their minimum TTK is like 60s if they are bad, and like 2 mins if they are decent/good.

On the flip side, scourge just makes every melee spec just about obsolete, so that also warps the meta to an insane degree.

Mirage is a sneaky one, def on the next tier and will rise to dominance if spellbreaker/scourge get nerfed hard. The insane condi burst they are capable of outputting while invuln, on top of almost thief level mobility +portal make it extremely hard to counter. Maybe this opinion is because I play s/f which I think is still bugged in confusion procs (air autos proc confusion every tick) and it requires a target, which mirages can drop seemingly at will.

Finally Firebrand is insane in its bunkerability. It survives longer and gives more support than a support tempest...which was already too tanky. Needs a strong nerf to self-survival to the point that a thief could 1v1 them down in about 2 mins.

@Vitali:

Does the reaper need some survivability? imo no

1. cause reaper is the only Build atm that cleave strong enouth => means if they have scourge the reaper has a high chance to get up, otherside it´s not posible....

2. the reaper is like a glasscannon, with one strengh: he get carried by ele well enouth, thats why the meta played the weaker reaper with the carrion amulet (less armor cause carrion amulett and more armor cause soul reaping... tada same armor with rabid amulet, ok condibulk is bether with carrion). At the other side Scourge sinergies well with guard (but we didn´t know if it´s the same with reaper and how big are the differents)

to thief: he still can do the same, even worser he don´t really need to spamm headshots but it´s enouth dmg against scourge with other trash dmg. Oh and btw headshot is a dmg loss as long necro dont run with Scepter, so you give him with a bigger chance to survive ;)

"while other classes could have sustained fights with boons while weakening the Reaper with conditions " ... condiback? + he got a shourt that eats 1-2 seconds a big part of a spike? I know it´s funnyer to run all day in a shrout but why shoud you give up one of the best defences (i mean you can eat maybe 13-16k dmg all 12 seconds.. and weak all meeles at the same time xD if you readed my old coment you know what it means to fokus a reaper to 100%), so yeah the reaper has no sustain... and yeah he cant pressure if he get fokused, like maybe every other class? We now that he is one of the worst duellists but the paradox is that he is a monster at teamfights (with the right suport ofc). Thats the reason why all players fokus him, cause you have to. On scourge you can survive longer duells he is not made for (maybe if someone do mistakes).

Now the CCs:

a cc with dmg spike doesnt kills at a teamfigh, just use Rabid Amulet and hope the ele knows how to use protect) and the only one noone can survive is a stealthburst. If you got bursted by thief and rev/ mesmer you know what i mean.

a cc allone with maybe a single combo means as scourge you have your shades for a counter dmg and get barriers. For reaper you got shourt for counterdmg and neutralise the incoming dmg (on bad reaction as weak as a barrier).

a cc with condi bomb, can be counterd by both necros and if they really get down, the scourge has no cleave so you get easy rezzed!

So we got on Scourge:

- a range corrupt as aoe, against a range coruppt for single target.

- bad cleave

- good sustain

- less dmg at all, cause you got a small area and hit only players with bad reactions or you got the big one and loose the torment + burn dmg that you need to reach the same lvl...

- bether long range dmg

- less offence support (chill, poison,vulnerability)

- more survival at duells

- and a maybe overpowerd teamcomb with burn guard (still proving!)

- easyer to play (cause on condiover you clans the condi first that you cast/recast at least! => reaper can´t spamm after a combo cause he loose the bleed otherwise)

Did i miss something?

- trash builds: yeah reaper can survive longer by using sr and spite, but come on ....., and scourge can be played as a rezz bot, but still trash.

- l2p: we now that vanilla or troll builds still working at high divisions, that just means we have too much players that don´t know how to play against it. Btw. thats why scourge works and do the same dmg that a reaper do, if he dont use his 5-4 combo in ds....

Something else?

> @"xp eke xp.6724" said:

> @Vitali:

> Does the reaper need some survivability? imo no

> 1. cause reaper is the only Build atm that cleave strong enouth => means if they have scourge the reaper has a high chance to get up, otherside it´s not posible....

> 2. the reaper is like a glasscannon, with one strengh: he get carried by ele well enouth, thats why the meta played the weaker reaper with the carrion amulet (less armor cause carrion amulett and more armor cause soul reaping... tada same armor with rabid amulet, ok condibulk is bether with carrion). At the other side Scourge sinergies well with guard (but we didn´t know if it´s the same with reaper and how big are the differents)

>

> to thief: he still can do the same, even worser he don´t really need to spamm headshots but it´s enouth dmg against scourge with other trash dmg. Oh and btw headshot is a dmg loss as long necro dont run with Scepter, so you give him with a bigger chance to survive ;)

>

> "while other classes could have sustained fights with boons while weakening the Reaper with conditions " ... condiback? + he got a shourt that eats 1-2 seconds a big part of a spike? I know it´s funnyer to run all day in a shrout but why shoud you give up one of the best defences (i mean you can eat maybe 13-16k dmg all 12 seconds.. and weak all meeles at the same time xD if you readed my old coment you know what it means to fokus a reaper to 100%), so yeah the reaper has no sustain... and yeah he cant pressure if he get fokused, like maybe every other class? We now that he is one of the worst duellists but the paradox is that he is a monster at teamfights (with the right suport ofc). Thats the reason why all players fokus him, cause you have to. On scourge you can survive longer duells he is not made for (maybe if someone do mistakes).

>

> Now the CCs:

> a cc with dmg spike doesnt kills at a teamfigh, just use Rabid Amulet and hope the ele knows how to use protect) and the only one noone can survive is a stealthburst. If you got bursted by thief and rev/ mesmer you know what i mean.

> a cc allone with maybe a single combo means as scourge you have your shades for a counter dmg and get barriers. For reaper you got shourt for counterdmg and neutralise the incoming dmg (on bad reaction as weak as a barrier).

> a cc with condi bomb, can be counterd by both necros and if they really get down, the scourge has no cleave so you get easy rezzed!

>

> So we got on Scourge:

> - a range corrupt as aoe, against a range coruppt for single target.

> - bad cleave

> - good sustain

> - less dmg at all, cause you got a small area and hit only players with bad reactions or you got the big one and loose the torment + burn dmg that you need to reach the same lvl...

> - bether long range dmg

> - less offence support (chill, poison,vulnerability)

> - more survival at duells

> - and a maybe overpowerd teamcomb with burn guard (still proving!)

> - easyer to play (cause on condiover you clans the condi first that you cast/recast at least! => reaper can´t spamm after a combo cause he loose the bleed otherwise)

>

> Did i miss something?

> - trash builds: yeah reaper can survive longer by using sr and spite, but come on ....., and scourge can be played as a rezz bot, but still trash.

> - l2p: we now that vanilla or troll builds still working at high divisions, that just means we have too much players that don´t know how to play against it. Btw. thats why scourge works and do the same dmg that a reaper do, if he dont use his 5-4 combo in ds....

>

> Something else?

I don't get half of the things you have posted but I feel like you think that Necromancer's e-spec are on equal footing PvP wise, that isn't true both on 1vs1 and team fight scenarios.

And pointing Reaper/Auramancer as strong point.. what about Scourge/Auramancer?

Yeah, stronger.

After more testing, I have to also say Spellbreaker is also problem - especially in WvW where some pvp skill changes haven't been applied.

It's one thing to have a tanky build that can 1v3 and survive for some time. Typically such builds have to sacrifice all damage and point pressure to get this level of survivability. It's quite another to have a build be able to tank 3 people with ease and then turn around and burst players from 100-0 every 8 seconds.

Guys, I can't believe it, but I just won a platinum match with renegade. Centaur/Kalla. Menders amulet. Our team probably would've won 4v5, but still. Going to have to change my vote to Renegade. ;P I was able to sentence multiple members of my warband to their deaths. (at the hands of massive aoe damage) While my team pulled ahead slowly. I think I helped with target capping some of their abilities.

#TheDreamIsStillAlive

• 3 weeks later...

People that are crying about the spellbreaker are funny.

I play it and get kited over and over by most classes in wvw.

Most of them never tried it and just complain because they dont move in pvp/wvw.

Spellbreaker is melee. Most of what you think that is powerful have high cooldowns and a good player can actually just ignore the counters by stopping attacking.

Some of the new elites like the mirage, the soulbeast, the scourge etc. can become invisible and/or teleport to higher ground and kite for so long as they want until the warrior have used his 1 minute cooldowns and then be a melee junk with less movement, no invisibility, no teleport, no pets, no clones, no range, etc.

Obviously, playing spellbreaker is fun, but it is far from being overpowered. In fact, it is actually weak, unless you fight someone who have no idea how to fight them.

(i'm really torn that many decided that Necromancer is the most broken Pof elite spec. I would like to share a poem in hoping to sympathize with Necromancer pain and hoping you will have a change of heart some day. Remember: Necromancer is the only class whose been hurt the most with most nerfs among all classes since gw2 release. Pof seem to give Necromancer another chance of hope but once again. Necromancer was hurt with more nerfs in the recent patch. As i'm looking at poll: many aren't still satisfied until Necromancer is left to wonder alone in everlasting pain with having no self-identity and no self-worth )

It's Hurting by Lerato Lee Tladi

Tears flowing down my cheeks like a stream of waterfall,

I endured what seemed like a lifetime of sorrow,

Pain, I never knew existed,

Life's lesson to be tossed among the past experiences,

But yet memories to look back on.

I remembered what great love it had offered,

Simple thoughts of what could be,

Slowly take me back,

To the hurt I thought was lost forever,

Wish time was moving ahead with both of us as one.

Trees sway from side to side,

With a sign of sunrise from afar,

Birds singing from a distance, yet remaining unseen,

Amazing creations of the heavens,

Continue to be the pleasures of our existence.

So much to be grateful for or rather everything to embrace,

Visions of what's to come are blocked by my unproductive mind,

As misery has built a home in what I thought was my heart.

Ways to make things better have failed,

Leaving me with worries and wonders,

With the sadness that I carry,

I brace myself for the journey ahead.

-Necromancer-

(i hope you'll realize how much you're hurting me someday)

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> (i'm really torn that many decided that Necromancer is the most broken Pof elite spec. I would like to share a poem in hoping to sympathize with Necromancer pain and hoping you will have a change of heart some day. Remember: Necromancer is the only class whose been hurt the most with most nerfs among all classes since gw2 release. Pof seem to give Necromancer another chance of hope but once again. Necromancer was hurt with more nerfs in the recent patch. As i'm looking at poll: many aren't still satisfied until Necromancer is left to wonder alone in everlasting pain with having no self-identity and no self-worth )

>

> It's Hurting by Lerato Lee Tladi

>

> Tears flowing down my cheeks like a stream of waterfall,

> I endured what seemed like a lifetime of sorrow,

> Pain, I never knew existed,

> Life's lesson to be tossed among the past experiences,

> But yet memories to look back on.

>

> I remembered what great love it had offered,

> Simple thoughts of what could be,

> Slowly take me back,

> To the hurt I thought was lost forever,

> Wish time was moving ahead with both of us as one.

>

> Trees sway from side to side,

> With a sign of sunrise from afar,

> Birds singing from a distance, yet remaining unseen,

> Amazing creations of the heavens,

> Continue to be the pleasures of our existence.

>

> So much to be grateful for or rather everything to embrace,

> Visions of what's to come are blocked by my unproductive mind,

> As misery has built a home in what I thought was my heart.

>

> Ways to make things better have failed,

> Leaving me with worries and wonders,

> With the sadness that I carry,

> I brace myself for the journey ahead.

>

> -Necromancer-

> (i hope you'll realize how much you're hurting me someday)

>

>

Wrong, Revs had gotten hurt the most by nerfs and they have been around less than Necromancers.

Take the sob story somewhere else because no one is currently going to feel sorry for necro.

Sir Vincent III.1286 "Scourge is just too tanky and can apply conditions really easy." While I admit scourge has some good offense but that bit about scourge being *tanky* If no one else decides to comment on that I surely will "Necromancer literally lost its HP bar" that countless people in pvp claimed carried necromancer for so long. Necromancers didn't exactly get blocks on torch or extra evade frames or invuns in return for the loss of that shroud bar they got offense instead granted quite a bit in some cases but most scourges these days are running a deadshot amulet which is just a more offensive version of a carrion amulet with condition duration. Barrier is an interesting mechanic but I do believe most will agree it is reasonably balanced maybe can use a very slight *very slight* tweak maybe. While also accounting for scourges getting slight damage reduction while having a shade out I can only assume you were referring to barrier when you made that statement regarding scourge being too tanky. I am honestly surprised with this thread that so many looked past that statement maybe they didn't fall for the bait and I did ..if so you got me no doubt but if that isn't the case I will refresh peoples memories. I can recall several instances where if I was on a necro and I happen to get lucky and win a 1v1 in a ranked match people would yelp at me "WELLL! You got that 2nd HP carrying you" Now that if you played scourge you lost that 2nd HP bar but ...Damn you scourges are face tanking hard! Real hard nvm that firebrand behind me carrying my ass with support or a tempest trying to keep me up with some waterfield blasts and regen or that scrapper tossing his gyro to get me out of the downstate ...because that's where Im tanking from the downstate Im using my face to catch all that damage while I hold up entire teams! A scourge can arguably melt a team or kite some with cripple but it aint tanking shit and if your running into a scourge and hes somehow tanking you or your team.. He is either a tryhard with a really interesting spec which id love to see Or you might want to take off that god damn magi amulet then trying to pressure him

After bug fixes scourge doesn't look so overpowered. May be just slight adjustments needed now. It's in no way tanky and easily dies when focused by classes with high power damage. So he has rather high damage but bad survivability when focused -- seems rather fair. (And no, I'm not scourge player).

Vote here for Spellbreaker because he's too good in teamfights due to Full Counter.

The second is row is Deadeye. He's awkward: too high burst damage and too low party utility. On my opinion sniper playstyle doesn't fit in GW2 pvp model at all.

"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> Someone picking anything over spellbreaker is the reason why we can't have nice things around here.

Yeah because a perma evade invisible teleporting mirage with 4648354 clones is nice and fun to fight.

But a melee warrior who dont instant die in team fight and can do something else than being chain stunned and die is unfun.

Sarcasm off.

Fail.

> @Alehin.3746 said:

> Scourge, Spellbreaker and Firebrand will get nerfed and everyone will cry about Holo and Mirage, just watch. ahahaha

>

> edit: Only voted holo because it wouldnt let me post on mobile. I think the class is okay, just need some minor nerfs.

Mirage is a whole different and disgusting beast that will easily reel its head. Again, another class that has been overtuned to high hell and back just to trump its predecessor.

People thought Spellbreaker is bad, LMFAO, watch when they get put into line with scourge.

Holosmith is fine, and probably the least overtuned of the specs.

SB, because it is an obnoxious tank that can face just about anything. Not unbeatable, but overtuned. Scourge is just unfun cancer, but at least it has counters.

And whenever these get the nerf hammer, people will start complaining about Mirage and Firebrand, no doubt.