In my opinion

Menzo.2185

In my opinion this game is in some sort of self-destruction mode.

I know, it is just my humble "one" opinion and this will not change anything for good, but... I need to say a few things with my bad english.

At the moment, this game is dead; not dead of people, not a desert game, but dead of new and great ideas to transform potential into awesomeness. And this is Anet fault.

Anet think to much, develop to much in the wrong directions, wasting time and money in things that will not save this great game, but only extend the issue.

Some Examples? Built Templates, untimely release of the WvW mount, just and only new maps for LWS, boring and tedious achievements to get a new and ugly skin... I can continue.

This is not a great way to do marketing. Anet needs to go back a few steps and rethink what made this game a well-commented and desired game for many in the past. And only then, take the correct and consistent measures to bring back that feeling. But remember ... don't listen to the streamers, maybe they don't know what's best, maybe I, who have a marketing degree, don't know either.

Some ideas that I think is the right way to go:

- PvE (OpenMap) doesn't have to be changed, it's ok ... not great, but it's good.

- New Fractals and Raids should have a consistent schedule, every 3 or 4 month. not never or "when we finish it".

- New elite specs every 2 years, it's a good amount of time to bring something new and fresh to the game. A new breed/race can also be something new and fresh. Or, instead of new elite specs, you bring to us a maritime expansion, not underwater (maybe... also underwater); an expansion with boats, ships, fishing and waters to sail. In addition to that, new elite specs don't always have to bring new weapons. You can use the same weapon with new skills assigned and new lore to that. QoL way of thinking.

* Remember that PvE people regularly have something new to do. But people who are here for WvW and/or PvP have been bored for years by the lack of new content and forced to leave.

The flagship of this game has always been the combat system. So why turn the professions a brainless and face-rolling class? If you want to make the game easy-friendly, don't turn every class into one-shot professions, lessen the damage of every skill in every class or increase everyone's life. Because now, almost everyone can one-shoot everyone from 1200+ range. This is ridiculous, annoying, unfun... let people have a chance to fight back a perma stealth condi thief, a OP power mirage, the new OP ridiculous necro god, the immortal warrior that turn back to u, stun and bye bye. This is not a GREAT COMBAT SYSTEM anymore, this is trash/troll/annoying combat system. To go easier on Raids, create different modes (easy, medium and hard) with different drops (skins) or diff. probabilities of drops.

How to turn PvP great again? Easy! NEW MAPS, NEW ELITE SPECIALIZATION.

Why don't u bring some Battle Royale elements to the WvW? Any. This is the new trend, bring to us something.

How to turn WvW great again? Some ideas of mine

- New maps every new season (each 2 or 3 months). Every BL must have the same map or a RNG map (isn't balanced to be stuck at RBL forever) or one huge map to rule us all or thematically change the old maps each new season/relink. Like: Alpine Halloween, Super Adventure Desert... It is fun, new and fresh.

- New and meaningful mounts for some specific purpose, as elephant mounts to tear down walls.

- New BLs with floating Keeps n Towers. Flying Mounts to get there or mushrooms to go there.

- Water combat Maps, with ships (10ppl), frigates (whole blob).

- Remove the Centaurs, Quaggans, Skritts... from all Borderlands and EBG. Or make them more useful and meaningful.

There are many creative possibilities for you to follow, all of which bring more people and more money into the game.

And don't go back to the wrong ways again, like releasing old expansions for free and giving the old players who bought the game a t-shirt skin. Give us at least free gems!!!!!!!!

Why does everyone bash people every time they try to suggest that ANET get their head out of their ass? ANET can defend themselves if they ever took time to use the forums.

The game is not doing great. They need to make corrections, communicate, come up with some kind of plan, and stop the bleeding.

The post was spot-on and speaks for many. If you think things are perfect...fine, but everyone doesn't share that sentiment.

I think you have a bunch of good ideas out there. Good luck.

I can see wvw maps updated accordingly to the current festival.

Of course adding new specializations can be entertaining.

I agree with several points of the post, including having a serious defined releasing schedule.

The game has many issues but some can be fixed.

Campared to PvE, WvW and PvP are ignored, and I think just adding new racial themed maps can change something. I have still a little spark of hope for the future. But they should awake now, not in ten years. I'm sure they are passioned devs within their teams. And I'm thankful for bringing back the book club and Auris in the recent map. I can't judge templates, it isn't released yet.

> @"Acheron.4731" said:

> Why does everyone bash people every time they try to suggest that ANET get their head out of their kitten? ANET can defend themselves if they ever took time to use the forums.

This is a public forum. Everyone has the right to express their opinions on any of the posts. The same way you just did.

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> Sorry to hear you don't enjoy it (anymore). I do.

Thats great and all, but hes offering ideas to make the game even better than it is. I love this game, but it could get better, but thats the thing, its not. Its been stuck in the same level of.. "Meh" since post HOT for me.

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> Happy to leave devs to what they do best. _De beste stuurlui staan aan wal._

Like working on something else, that wasn't gw2 related, until ncsoft comes in a shuts it down and fires 143 people?

That's what happened in the last year, or did everyone forget that?

WvW and sPvP have been severely neglected over the years, and its shown.

I agree with everything the OP said, except the free gems crap.

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> I'm sure Anet will love this. To me, your last sentence sums up the mentality of the whole post.

> But really, it feels like this game is not for you. Or, at least, not any more.

Saying that the game is not for you is something I have seen a lot lately on these forums.

People like the OP are making these posts out of love for the game even though that might not be seen at first.

The game has changed a lot and for some people in a good way, but the one thing that hasn't changed is the lack of communication with the players. That alone would help a lot and people would then really know if this game is for them or not. at the moment many people including myself are just wondering what is happening next, and yes we know about story and etc but many of it's playerbase wants to see features and content.

Remember that moment when you take too much damage and go into down state? That is exactly the state of the game as a whole: it's in down state; like waiting for someone, or something, to finish it.

Original poster tried (like many others before him) to resurrect this game by underlying problems and suggesting solutions, however, the game is getting too much toxic damage from business managers NPCs, keeping it all in down state.

I, as a player, already accepted this status quo and moved to other games. Now I just came back for Halloween - the only event in this game I truly love since 2012. _(I am in no way affiliated with Halloween beliefs or traditions, I just like the event in game and that's all, no offense intended)_

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> The comments in this thread are a bit extreme...

>

> "You dont like Swiss Cheese? dont eat any dairy or beef then because clearly it aint for you"....

It's not only the Swiss Cheese, though. It's the whole dairy section, except maybe the butter...

And how can anyone be more extreme than OP who started out by stating that the game is dead and ends the post wanting "FREE" stuff? The body of the post may have SOME merit to it, but, for a marketing person, he or she didn't bookend it well.

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > The comments in this thread are a bit extreme...

> >

> > "You dont like Swiss Cheese? dont eat any dairy or beef then because clearly it aint for you"....

>

> It's not only the Swiss Cheese, though. It's the whole dairy section, except maybe the butter...

> And how can anyone be more extreme than OP who started out by stating that the game is dead and ends the post wanting "FREE" stuff? The body of the post may have SOME merit to it, but, for a marketing person, he or she didn't bookend it well.

Because he stated that was his opinion...

He also said dead on ideas, not overall just dead. So arguing a point that you made up or misread doesn't help anyone.

but by all means, disregard the entire post to focus on a personal opinion.

I agree with the OP that something needs to be changed about the game, and soon, as the every 2-3 month LW with 3 hours of story and a bunch of 1 AP grind 100+ times achievements is just not working anymore to keep PVE players in game long-term, as expacs were or could/should be doing. I don't think LWS2 & 3 episodes had any 100+ or even 20+ grind achievements and were mostly more skill or exploration based, compared to the recent LWS4 & 5 ones, which just seem to be made to keep players in game artificially longer without adding new content. Many, including myself, just return to the game every time there is a significant release or festival, play for a day or two, and then go back to other games/hobbies to fill in the wait gap because there's no meaningful long-term content to work towards that isn't just boring grind work. WvW and PvP haven't gotten significant changes in years to keep them interesting for players. However, giving away free stuff as OP suggests is not going to help anything.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > The comments in this thread are a bit extreme...

> > >

> > > "You dont like Swiss Cheese? dont eat any dairy or beef then because clearly it aint for you"....

> >

> > It's not only the Swiss Cheese, though. It's the whole dairy section, except maybe the butter...

> > And how can anyone be more extreme than OP who started out by stating that the game is dead and ends the post wanting "FREE" stuff? The body of the post may have SOME merit to it, but, for a marketing person, he or she didn't bookend it well.

>

> Because he stated that was his opinion...

>

> He also said dead on ideas, not overall just dead. So arguing a point that you made up or misread doesn't help anyone.

>

> but by all means, disregard the entire post to focus on a personal opinion.

>

I think in my comment I gave my opinion on the whole of OP's post. Are you saying it's less valid than OP's because it disagrees with it?

This is off-topic now, by the way. I stand by my opinion. OP is welcome to his/hers. If Anet are listening, they should hear both.

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > The comments in this thread are a bit extreme...

> > > >

> > > > "You dont like Swiss Cheese? dont eat any dairy or beef then because clearly it aint for you"....

> > >

> > > It's not only the Swiss Cheese, though. It's the whole dairy section, except maybe the butter...

> > > And how can anyone be more extreme than OP who started out by stating that the game is dead and ends the post wanting "FREE" stuff? The body of the post may have SOME merit to it, but, for a marketing person, he or she didn't bookend it well.

> >

> > Because he stated that was his opinion...

> >

> > He also said dead on ideas, not overall just dead. So arguing a point that you made up or misread doesn't help anyone.

> >

> > but by all means, disregard the entire post to focus on a personal opinion.

> >

>

> I think in my comment I gave my opinion on the whole of OP's post. Are you saying it's less valid than OP's because it disagrees with it?

> This is off-topic now, by the way. I stand by my opinion. OP is welcome to his/hers. If Anet are listening, they should hear both.

I didn't say any of that and have no idea what you're trying to argue right now.

You're welcome to stand by your opinion but my opinion is that reading the first few words incorrectly and then reading the last few words incorrectly and basing an argument off it doesn't provide anything substantial..

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"thepenmonster.3621" said:

> > One thing I've recently learned from these forums is that WvW is the only mode the game has.

>

> Wait what?

>

> Ahh.. you were going for the /S with that.. got it.

Yes and no. The "why the game is dying" threads here and on Reddit are _always_;

1. Please don't nerf my build in PvP/WvW. Literally unplayable now.

2. Please nerf other build that beat me in PvP/WvW. Literally unplayable now.

3. Please force more players to play PvP/WvW. Literally unplayable now.

4. Story isn't PvP/WvW. Literally unplayable now.

I dig. I know I'd be hella salty if the devs said Icebrood Saga is going to be all fractals.

And I'm always serious about this;

>I am down with the "Give me free stuffs" idea and anyone leaving can feel free to mail me theirs.

I'm waiting for Cellofrag to get pissed because he couldn't flip a sword on the TP and leave. I will gladly accept his stuffs for my personal skritt stash.