I Did It! I ******* Did It! I Am In The Top 7!

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > @"Diamant Brut.4208" said:

> > Today i did something interesting ... (spoiler i got gold :p )

> Perfect! :D

>

> > @"TrinitySK.6713" said:

> > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > kitten, nice one! :o I struggled to get down to 56s even with dismount and teleports.

> > >

> > > How fast is number 1? Sub 40 would be insane.

> >

> > Yeah, I've been thinking about that too, it seems impossible, although I know of certain speedhacks that may help you get there, I hope they are keeping it nice and fair though. Also ... [snip]

> Does class matter for this or is it just a case of beetle+jackal/raptor? I used blink/jaunt to get around the sharp bends near the middle of the second lap, though not sure if that is the most efficient way.

i don't think class matters as much as race, Norns are just too heavy.

> @"TrinitySK.6713" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > Amazingly well done! Check one thing though: are all the other names there in your Friends list? I'm pretty sure the leaderboard isn't global but only shows people you know. (Still a fantastic achieve and it'd be hard to get any faster).

> >

> > The other names are those in their Guilds or on their friend list.

> >

> > I am not sure if the leaderboard is global or if there is one per region but names and positions are accurately named

> > I'm a good few seconds behind Op but you can see a few of my guildmates are a good few ranks ahead of me.

> > ![](https://imgur.com/DpUFytz.jpg "")

> >

> > My time in the Lab race is better ^^

> > ![](https://imgur.com/vwxibO6.jpg "")

>

> Pretty nice, I've lost a few gold on that track today :D

> I like to make things interesting with events, so before the event I write in map chat, challenging everyone who wants to join in to beat me. If they win, they get a gold (it used to be 10g but I'm poor now).

> And today I got disqualified 2 times in a row for jumping too early XD

> Not wanting to go bankrupt I gave a gold to the first 3.

Damn that's some confidence you got lol

I'm good with the beetle but not good enought to risk my gold hahaha xD

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > @"Diamant Brut.4208" said:

> > > Today i did something interesting ... (spoiler i got gold :p )

> > Perfect! :D

> >

> > > @"TrinitySK.6713" said:

> > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > kitten, nice one! :o I struggled to get down to 56s even with dismount and teleports.

> > > >

> > > > How fast is number 1? Sub 40 would be insane.

> > >

> > > Yeah, I've been thinking about that too, it seems impossible, although I know of certain speedhacks that may help you get there, I hope they are keeping it nice and fair though. Also ... [snip]

> > Does class matter for this or is it just a case of beetle+jackal/raptor? I used blink/jaunt to get around the sharp bends near the middle of the second lap, though not sure if that is the most efficient way.

>

> i don't think class matters as much as race, Norns are just too heavy.

Is a 100kg Norn heavier than a 100kg ball of fur?

Been practicing on the lab to better my time.

I've got it under 1 minute now despite all the trouble I've been having, mostly from the mobs screwing up my runs lol

It's one of the hardest tracks imo due partly to the enemies and partly to how you have to manage your beetles speed so you can get around the narrow corners without loosing too much time or crashing into the wall and stalling.

I dunno who the faster EU players are on this track but I have nothing but respect for them considering how hard I had to push to get in the under 1 minute club.

![](https://imgur.com/EZLv87E.jpg "")

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > @"Diamant Brut.4208" said:

> > > Today i did something interesting ... (spoiler i got gold :p )

> > Perfect! :D

> >

> > > @"TrinitySK.6713" said:

> > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > kitten, nice one! :o I struggled to get down to 56s even with dismount and teleports.

> > > >

> > > > How fast is number 1? Sub 40 would be insane.

> > >

> > > Yeah, I've been thinking about that too, it seems impossible, although I know of certain speedhacks that may help you get there, I hope they are keeping it nice and fair though. Also ... [snip]

> > Does class matter for this or is it just a case of beetle+jackal/raptor? I used blink/jaunt to get around the sharp bends near the middle of the second lap, though not sure if that is the most efficient way.

>

> There may be some nice trick with the Mesmer teleport but so far I think it's just about getting the beetle riding down. You really wanna keep on rolling no matter what, hit things around you as least as possible (not at all for a perfect run) and cut corners as sharp as possible without hitting pumpkins or missing checkpoints and also keeping in check that you don't loose too much speed from cutting a corner too much, it's just about optimalisation over time, for me at least.

>

> You really don't want to dismount and remount in the middle of the race since it looses you a lot of time and if you can get the turns right, there is no point in remounting since you have the most speed with the beetle at all times compared to raptor jumps or jackal warps.

>

> And I'm not sure which part you mean but if you need help just add me on gw and whisper me when I'm online, if I have the time (which if I'm playing gw I mostly have) I can go to the raceway with you and help you out personally, since a lot of the stuff is about getting the feel of it and seeing it done helps a lot more than just telling you about it :)

Sorry for not responding sooner, I think for me it is more a curiosity to play around with - just knowing it's best not to dismount is helpful as well as knowing this kind of time is possible. :) Thanks for the detailed help though.

these recordlists are kinda pointless, since you can only see yourself and a handful of random people.

The top, friends, etc, they're all obscured.

Unless I missed a function ingame, you can't see the full list, and therefore it's kinda pointless.

Sometimes I see a challenge that takes me a crazy effort to get gold. And I'm kinda curious what the top people managed to do.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Been practicing on the lab to better my time.

> I've got it under 1 minute now despite all the trouble I've been having, mostly from the mobs screwing up my runs lol

>

> It's one of the hardest tracks imo due partly to the enemies and partly to how you have to manage your beetles speed so you can get around the narrow corners without loosing too much time or crashing into the wall and stalling.

> I dunno who the faster EU players are on this track but I have nothing but respect for them considering how hard I had to push to get in the under 1 minute club.

>

> ![](https://imgur.com/EZLv87E.jpg "")

Nice mate, I've been trying to do the labyrinth on a raptor and griffin, but it seems the beetle is the answer again.

I guess the track is... beet-ab-le

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > @"TrinitySK.6713" said:

> > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > @"Diamant Brut.4208" said:

> > > > Today i did something interesting ... (spoiler i got gold :p )

> > > Perfect! :D

> > >

> > > > @"TrinitySK.6713" said:

> > > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > > kitten, nice one! :o I struggled to get down to 56s even with dismount and teleports.

> > > > >

> > > > > How fast is number 1? Sub 40 would be insane.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, I've been thinking about that too, it seems impossible, although I know of certain speedhacks that may help you get there, I hope they are keeping it nice and fair though. Also ... [snip]

> > > Does class matter for this or is it just a case of beetle+jackal/raptor? I used blink/jaunt to get around the sharp bends near the middle of the second lap, though not sure if that is the most efficient way.

> >

> > There may be some nice trick with the Mesmer teleport but so far I think it's just about getting the beetle riding down. You really wanna keep on rolling no matter what, hit things around you as least as possible (not at all for a perfect run) and cut corners as sharp as possible without hitting pumpkins or missing checkpoints and also keeping in check that you don't loose too much speed from cutting a corner too much, it's just about optimalisation over time, for me at least.

> >

> > You really don't want to dismount and remount in the middle of the race since it looses you a lot of time and if you can get the turns right, there is no point in remounting since you have the most speed with the beetle at all times compared to raptor jumps or jackal warps.

> >

> > And I'm not sure which part you mean but if you need help just add me on gw and whisper me when I'm online, if I have the time (which if I'm playing gw I mostly have) I can go to the raceway with you and help you out personally, since a lot of the stuff is about getting the feel of it and seeing it done helps a lot more than just telling you about it :)

>

> Sorry for not responding sooner, I think for me it is more a curiosity to play around with - just knowing it's best not to dismount is helpful as well as knowing this kind of time is possible. :) Thanks for the detailed help though.

np me matey!

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Been practicing on the lab to better my time.

> > I've got it under 1 minute now despite all the trouble I've been having, mostly from the mobs screwing up my runs lol

> >

> > It's one of the hardest tracks imo due partly to the enemies and partly to how you have to manage your beetles speed so you can get around the narrow corners without loosing too much time or crashing into the wall and stalling.

> > I dunno who the faster EU players are on this track but I have nothing but respect for them considering how hard I had to push to get in the under 1 minute club.

> >

> > ![](https://imgur.com/EZLv87E.jpg "")

>

> Nice mate, I've been trying to do the labyrinth on a raptor and griffin, but it seems the beetle is the answer again.

> I guess the track is... beet-ab-le

It was designed for Raptor and Jackel I think.. Beetle is pretty much hard mode XD

You'll need it to get the higher times though, no way Raptor can get the same time as Beetle can but it's gonna take a lot of practice to learn what speed you can go and where ^^