Most unusual character name that was already taken?

Danikat.8537

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I've only had two names taken that I can recall. One was a keyrunner named Keyroy Jenkins, no surprise there (all my key runners have "key" somewhere in the name, but are generally otherwise regular human names). The other was an NPC from rp that I decided to make into an actual in-game character. A sylvari named Avalloc. Which was just something I'd grabbed fast from an Arthurian names generator when writing the rp stuff so I'm not all that surprised someone else had it. I dithered over variations for a while and finally made him as Avalloq.

There's an elf named Avalla'ch in Witcher so that's probably why the name was taken if you're wondering

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, my name had been taken when I started out (Naxos) and since I was more or less young and impatient, I went with the unappealing Nhaxos for a Charr, at the time when I completely ignored I could make composed names, and didn't know much about the lore of the game.

Funny enough, Naxos originally was not the name I initially wanted either, I started using the nickname when my first pseudonym Nexus had been taken on another game. I went with it because it literally had 2 letters different. Originality. I had none. It didn't help that the name was so short.

Eventually, I figured out the name fit my personally really well. Naxos was a city state of the Greek islands, one of which who resisted the growing Athenian hegemony across the Agean sea in Antiquity. The city would never surrender to Athenian rule, and had to be stormed, it's fleet sunk and walls razed in order to put a stop to their obstruction. As someone who generally does not give up, even when facing imminent defeat, I thought the name was just right, and now I refuse to be called anything else, anywhere on the internet.

To be honest, it isn't too hard to make loreful name thanks to the name picking allowing composed names, so refreshing compared to other MMos D:

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> It would be cool if names of players get open for others who were offline for more then a year. PLayers of thoose names get a free nameschange ticket to choose a new names for their long offline characters.

Please no. This was a tactic that WoW used and I felt frustrated for a friend over it. Why? Her authenticator broke (back when they were just the key fobs) and she took it as a sign to take a step back. She knew all her character names. Two years down the line, she decided to come back and found that her account had been stolen. One of the ways they verify account ownership back then was the CD Keys. Ex-bf stole a bunch of her CDs, including the WoW ones and was able to use that to change the password on her account, proceed to sell it for money and then the person who got renamed a few and deleted the rest of her toons.

When she finally got her account back, she had a back and forth with WoW about getting the names back, which they refused because they were now being used by other people and she'd have to talk to them about getting them back. You can imagine how well that went over.

Hell, I remember people spamming the report name feature over and over and over, getting their friends in on it as well so spur a name change on a name they wanted. So no. Use https://www.behindthename.com/ or any other myriad of sources for a name and just accept that they are a dime a dozen.

As for all of my names, I have an Authorian myth and legends encyclopedia. I just point and try it, if it accepts, it accepts. This is Miraude's entry:

_The wife of Torec. Having been sent to obtain the circlet belonging to his grandmother, Miraude promised to marry him if he successfully overcame the Knights of the Round Table, a feat he fulfilled,_