Is bot reporting pointless?

Jhadur.8027

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> They massively effect the economy and destroy the Auction house.. to be honest the richest players running the Auction house should be monitored as botters as well.. Its just another version of botting.

If that were true elder wood would be worthless but on the contrary the prices are totally fine. Elder wood farming exists since years and there's 0 evidence of a destruction of the auction house which implies the reverse conclusion that this farming method has no significant impact on the economy at all.

Let's face it: 1 account with 69 chars only harvesting wood in that spot means 690 elder wood logs (69 x 10 logs) which is less than 10g. I don't know how fast it takes with a good pc, ssd and common stable internet connection to run through all of them but I doubt it's going to be very much faster than 30s per char which means round about 30 minutes. I'm hurting the economy much more running T4 fractals and generating more gold (15-25g+) out of thin air that is not affected by anything in contrast to the wood which is affected by the 15% fee of the trading post.

___

The whale thing is a whole different story and as much as I respect Sam what he has done for the GW2 community I think stuff like reddit exchange and known supervisors should be targeted by Arenanet and sanctioned harshly. But it seems that they don't have an interest here (we could add: as well) since it would mean that they have to increase drop rates of all super rare items - mostly infusions - and allow higher values in the TP.

But even here the question is: Is that a big problem of the game at the moment? I would say drop rates are but I know lots of people that disagree with me because they like the lottery effect. So, overall not a big thing for the community, I guess.

In the end I'm more afraid of the direction this game is going to and that has nothing to do with the trading post or market values of ingame items.

pointless, a guy i saw botting still botting at Forstgorge 3 years later

there is a recent discussion about afk farming with looping Macro, again

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1094232

Don't know how bad things need to continue to spiral into til Anet said 'enough is enough' with any form of botting to put GameGuard back in

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/arenanet-used-spyware-anti-cheat-for-guild-wars-2-banwave

the fact those people got flagged is they were trying to do something 'malicious' in the first place, Anti cheat sofware like XignCode does not proactively scan your hard drives for cheats, it functions reactively and will only kick in if you attempt to run cheats

Prevention by stopping the game from running and shutdown the game immediately as soon as 'malicious' code is detected is good, but VAC's approach of prevention and an immediate ban is probably a bit too over the top

> @"Vince.1695" said:> > @"Dante.1508" said:> > They massively effect the economy and destroy the Auction house.. to be honest the richest players running the Auction house should be monitored as botters as well.. Its just another version of botting.> > If that were true elder wood would be worthless but on the contrary the prices are totally fine. Elder wood farming exists since years and there's 0 evidence of a destruction of the auction house which implies the reverse conclusion that this farming method has no significant impact on the economy at all. > Let's face it: 1 account with 69 chars only harvesting wood in that spot means 690 elder wood logs (69 x 10 logs) which is less than 10g. I don't know how fast it takes with a good pc, ssd and common stable internet connection to run through all of them but I doubt it's going to be very much faster than 30s per char which means round about 30 minutes. I'm hurting the economy much more running T4 fractals and generating more gold (15-25g+) out of thin air that is not affected by anything in contrast to the wood which is affected by the 15% fee of the trading post.> ___> The whale thing is a whole different story and as much as I respect Sam what he has done for the GW2 community I think stuff like reddit exchange and known supervisors should be targeted by Arenanet and sanctioned harshly. But it seems that they don't have an interest here (we could add: as well) since it would mean that they have to increase drop rates of all super rare items - mostly infusions - and allow higher values in the TP. > But even here the question is: Is that a big problem of the game at the moment? I would say drop rates are but I know lots of people that disagree with me because they like the lottery effect. So, overall not a big thing for the community, I guess. > In the end I'm more afraid of the direction this game is going to and that has nothing to do with the trading post or market values of ingame items.> i agree there, it's not about the economywhat this about is a competitive advantage, and it's what's written in GW2's ELUA, automation that gives you a competitive advantage is a NO NOin this case is generating additional incomes while sleeping, at work, at school, or even hands-off keyboard and mice while watching a movie on your second screen

say you only got 9 toons (1 for each class), and the bots are all equipped with Infinite Chopping tool9 toons x 9 logs per toon per hour x 24 hours = 1944 logseach log is 1.4s, that's 27g22s per daythis is not accounting for the additional incomes from glyphs and the gems... and if you are the ridiculous 0.001% of the player base to have super fast PC and 69 toons to cycle through in an hour, that's 14,904 logs a day, or 208g66s a day.

if people were up in arms with pitchforks about they will never have the 250g for the Griffon mount, they better get their canons ready

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:> > @"Vince.1695" said:> > > @"Dante.1508" said:> > > They massively effect the economy and destroy the Auction house.. to be honest the richest players running the Auction house should be monitored as botters as well.. Its just another version of botting.> > > > If that were true elder wood would be worthless but on the contrary the prices are totally fine. Elder wood farming exists since years and there's 0 evidence of a destruction of the auction house which implies the reverse conclusion that this farming method has no significant impact on the economy at all. > > Let's face it: 1 account with 69 chars only harvesting wood in that spot means 690 elder wood logs (69 x 10 logs) which is less than 10g. I don't know how fast it takes with a good pc, ssd and common stable internet connection to run through all of them but I doubt it's going to be very much faster than 30s per char which means round about 30 minutes. I'm hurting the economy much more running T4 fractals and generating more gold (15-25g+) out of thin air that is not affected by anything in contrast to the wood which is affected by the 15% fee of the trading post.> > ___> > The whale thing is a whole different story and as much as I respect Sam what he has done for the GW2 community I think stuff like reddit exchange and known supervisors should be targeted by Arenanet and sanctioned harshly. But it seems that they don't have an interest here (we could add: as well) since it would mean that they have to increase drop rates of all super rare items - mostly infusions - and allow higher values in the TP. > > But even here the question is: Is that a big problem of the game at the moment? I would say drop rates are but I know lots of people that disagree with me because they like the lottery effect. So, overall not a big thing for the community, I guess. > > In the end I'm more afraid of the direction this game is going to and that has nothing to do with the trading post or market values of ingame items.> > > > i agree there, it's not about the economy> > what this about is a competitive advantage, and it's what's written in GW2's ELUA, automation that gives you a competitive advantage is a NO NO> > in this case is generating additional incomes while sleeping, at work, at school, or even hands-off keyboard and mice while watching a movie on your second screen> >

> say you only got 9 toons (1 for each class), and the bots are all equipped with Infinite Chopping tool> 9 toons x 9 logs per toon per hour x 24 hours = 1944 logs> each log is 1.4s, that's 27g22s per day> > this is not accounting for the additional incomes from glyphs and the gems> > ... and if you are the ridiculous 0.001% of the player base to have super fast PC and 69 toons to cycle through in an hour, that's 14,904 logs a day, or 208g66s a day.> >

> > if people were up in arms with pitchforks about they will never have the 250g for the Griffon mount, they better get their canons readyTo me the ones teleporting from node to node should be hit hard but never do.. thats some serious hacking.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> pointless, a guy i saw botting still botting at Forstgorge 3 years later

Report, move on and if he's still there since 3 years it's rather not botting.

> there is a recent discussion about afk farming with looping Macro, again

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1094232

And you were told that those actions are not violating the game rules if those players are responding to a GM. You can also prove by yourself how rewarding this kind of "afk farming" is if you put a char on such spots yourself. I warn you beforehand: It's not worth the time wasting.

> Don't know how bad things need to continue to spiral into til Anet said 'enough is enough' with any form of botting to put GameGuard back in

> https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/arenanet-used-spyware-anti-cheat-for-guild-wars-2-banwave

> the fact those people got flagged is they were trying to do something 'malicious' in the first place, Anti cheat sofware like XignCode does not proactively scan your hard drives for cheats, it functions reactively and will only kick in if you attempt to run cheats

>

> Prevention by stopping the game from running and shutdown the game immediately as soon as 'malicious' code is detected is good, but VAC's approach of prevention and an immediate ban is probably a bit too over the top

Nothing has been bad, gotten worse or will get worse in terms of those farms. The economy is stable and only disturbed by big actions from the company like Istan farming, Tarir multiloot and introducing new items (for example legendary weapons) that need lots of materials.

**The fun part is: All of the big problems GW2 actually has have nothing to do with economy.**

We are surviving wood and AFK farming since years now and none of those actions have had a serious influence on playing the game or even making money in the game and buying shiny stuff.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> say you only got 9 toons (1 for each class), and the bots are all equipped with Infinite Chopping tool

> 9 toons x 9 logs per toon per hour x 24 hours = 1944 logs

> each log is 1.4s, that's 27g22s per day

> this is not accounting for the additional incomes from glyphs and the gems

> ... and if you are the ridiculous 0.001% of the player base to have super fast PC and 69 toons to cycle through in an hour, that's 14,904 logs a day, or 208g66s a day.

> if people were up in arms with pitchforks about they will never have the 250g for the Griffon mount, they better get their canons ready

Since you only can have 69 chars on one account and wood respawns in a one hour cycle it's highly debatable that you'll achieve those high gold numbers. Running the pc the whole day with this routine is stupid at best. I would rather farm crypto currencies than letting my pc running GW2 for 24h/7d to get wood.

> @"Vince.1695" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > say you only got 9 toons (1 for each class), and the bots are all equipped with Infinite Chopping tool

> > 9 toons x 9 logs per toon per hour x 24 hours = 1944 logs

> > each log is 1.4s, that's 27g22s per day

> > this is not accounting for the additional incomes from glyphs and the gems

> > ... and if you are the ridiculous 0.001% of the player base to have super fast PC and 69 toons to cycle through in an hour, that's 14,904 logs a day, or 208g66s a day.

> > if people were up in arms with pitchforks about they will never have the 250g for the Griffon mount, they better get their canons ready

>

> Since you only can have 69 chars on one account and wood respawns in a one hour cycle it's highly debatable that you'll achieve those high gold numbers. Running the pc the whole day with this routine is stupid at best. I would rather farm crypto currencies than letting my pc running GW2 for 24h/7d to get wood.

Just so you know aint the max 71?

Edit

If I remember right the veteran reward you got before hot +1 t the hot ultimate +1 and the pof ultimate +1 was added ontop of the 69 you can buy as base

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Vince.1695" said:

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > say you only got 9 toons (1 for each class), and the bots are all equipped with Infinite Chopping tool

> > > 9 toons x 9 logs per toon per hour x 24 hours = 1944 logs

> > > each log is 1.4s, that's 27g22s per day

> > > this is not accounting for the additional incomes from glyphs and the gems

> > > ... and if you are the ridiculous 0.001% of the player base to have super fast PC and 69 toons to cycle through in an hour, that's 14,904 logs a day, or 208g66s a day.

> > > if people were up in arms with pitchforks about they will never have the 250g for the Griffon mount, they better get their canons ready

> >

> > Since you only can have 69 chars on one account and wood respawns in a one hour cycle it's highly debatable that you'll achieve those high gold numbers. Running the pc the whole day with this routine is stupid at best. I would rather farm crypto currencies than letting my pc running GW2 for 24h/7d to get wood.

>

> Just so you know aint the max 71?

>

> Edit

> If I remember right the veteran reward you got before hot +1 t the hot ultimate +1 and the pof ultimate +1 was added ontop of the 69 you can buy as base

Well, if 69 or 71, the difference shouldn't matter. Additionally I doubt that people were aiming for that on purpose and in significant numbers.

It doesn't take a genius to spot bots. It's a little harder in GW2 because the sellers' names don't show up in Trading Post listings (though I'm sure game devs can see them). Usually people white knighting or denying the existence of bots are those who are directly or indirectly benefiting from their being in game. It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why they don't get removed more quickly. They count as 'active players' which this game needs all of it can get. More importantly, if the prices of the commodity items people use to earn gold/gems stays lower, the non-cheating players will have to play longer to earn a given amount which also improves game metric stats. In short, there's just not that much incentive for the game devs to remove bot farmers. Every so often they might ban a batch of them, but that's just to keep the honest players from getting too fed up and quitting the game.

> @"Vince.1695" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > They massively effect the economy and destroy the Auction house.. to be honest the richest players running the Auction house should be monitored as botters as well.. Its just another version of botting.

>

> If that were true elder wood would be worthless but on the contrary the prices are totally fine. Elder wood farming exists since years and there's 0 evidence of a destruction of the auction house which implies the reverse conclusion that this farming method has no significant impact on the economy at all.

> Let's face it: 1 account with 69 chars only harvesting wood in that spot means 690 elder wood logs (69 x 10 logs) which is less than 10g. I don't know how fast it takes with a good pc, ssd and common stable internet connection to run through all of them but I doubt it's going to be very much faster than 30s per char which means round about 30 minutes. I'm hurting the economy much more running T4 fractals and generating more gold (15-25g+) out of thin air that is not affected by anything in contrast to the wood which is affected by the 15% fee of the trading post.

> ___

> The whale thing is a whole different story and as much as I respect Sam what he has done for the GW2 community I think stuff like reddit exchange and known supervisors should be targeted by Arenanet and sanctioned harshly. But it seems that they don't have an interest here (we could add: as well) since it would mean that they have to increase drop rates of all super rare items - mostly infusions - and allow higher values in the TP.

> But even here the question is: Is that a big problem of the game at the moment? I would say drop rates are but I know lots of people that disagree with me because they like the lottery effect. So, overall not a big thing for the community, I guess.

> In the end I'm more afraid of the direction this game is going to and that has nothing to do with the trading post or market values of ingame items.

>

What about 69 accounts on iron nodes... you cherry pick the lowest mats.. add that one up.

@"Ygdrasill.9135"

Well, you would be right with your assumptions if making gold in this game wouldn't be so easy nowadays. Especially for newer players low material prices are a blessing because they can acquire those faster than we could in the past.

In addition nobody here is white knighting botting but if you took a look for yourself at the spot in Malchor's Leap you would notice that the vast majority of wood choppers is either passing by on days like these because it was "Orr lumberer" and the rest is usual players with guild tags next to their names that are logging on and off.

The myth of a significant bot army or anything that comes near is just ridiculous and can't be taken seriously.

As a long-term player a.k.a. veteran with 6 legendary weapons, all raid armors, Aurora and Vision, legendary backpack from fractals, spending tons of gold for fractal god and buying qol items via gold-to-gem exchange and what not I've never suffered or was held back to get everything I wanted in an appropriate time frame. I never bought gold via gems which means I made all that from actually playing the game. No heavy exploits (ok i confess from time to time Lupi had to die faster), no brainless farming more than an hour of Halloween Lab, Istan oder SW here and there but by playing the stuff I liked (fracs, raids, dungeons).

I severely doubt that bots hindered me to achieve my ingame goals that were connected with gold.

Furthermore the main problem in terms of trading post stuff is not low prices of wood or anything else but items like Chak Egg Sac and lots of infusions that are impossible to buy (and to get as a drop) inside the game. Such items are traded on GW2 exchange on reddit.

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> What about 69 accounts on iron nodes... you cherry pick the lowest mats.. add that one up.

Well, the recent complaints were:

* necro "afk" farming

and afterwards, when we were done

* wood choppers in Malchor's Leap

I already stated that if you want to extend this discussion more and more just do it. You'll stay discontent since you won't see any changes here if there are bots or not, be it many or just a few.

Each to his own. As I pointed out the post before I have no evidence in over six years of playing that bots in GW2 were diminishing my gaming experience or my gold/account value. I wouldn't have stayed that long if it were the case and in all communities where I have taken part botting or anything related has never been an issue or even a serious topic for a discussion. It's self-imposed and exaggerated by a few, partially filled up with horror news. Let's face it: If botting was a huge problem in this game it wouldn't have survived that long and still be supported by the community. The problems this game has nowadays lie in topics far away from bots or botting and those problems are the ones that could be the trigger for a potential ending in the near future - botting isn't, not even approximately.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> Anet bans botters in waves, not when you report them. If they're found to be botting they won't be banned till the next wave. Banning a lot of botters at one time means people can't figure out how Anet is picking them up and make adjustments.

you know what, Anet should bring back Impending Dhuum, and totally make a raid out of this for April 1st 2020

report as many botters as possible by March 31st so Avatar of Dhuum can feast on their cheating souls to break his master out from his prison